SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Temperature can do that. Is your speedcontrol under your battery tray and getting too hot?
Heh, that was kind of an 'aha' moment for me. The ESC doesn't seem to get that hot though, and it is stuck to the bottom of the tray with somewhat insulating layers of velcro. I'll sure check it out next time.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,494 Posts
Just maybe another difference between quality packs and the cheaper ones. I was just trying to figure out why that one cell and that was all I could come up with lol!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I did had my speed under the tray for over 150 flights. What I found was my packs came down warmer than my esc or the same.... around 40-45deg (middle cell).

In the mfg process I doubt they use one batch for each cell number. ie batch 1 is only to be used in a pk as cell one and batch 2 can only be used to cell number 2 in a pack etc..

How mAh are you putting back into your lipos after a flight and are you fast or balance charging?
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:34 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
I did had my speed under the tray for over 150 flights. What I found was my packs came down warmer than my esc or the same.... around 40-45deg (middle cell).

In the mfg process I doubt they use one batch for each cell number. ie batch 1 is only to be used in a pk as cell one and batch 2 can only be used to cell number 2 in a pack etc..

How mAh are you putting back into your lipos after a flight and are you fast or balance charging?
I put about half to 65% back in, 1C rate. I have 6 chargers, so am not in a hurry.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I can not balance these cheap HK CF tail blades shown in the pic above. I've spent about 1.5 hrs total statically balancing the tail rotor again, then finding the CG of the blades, then statically balancing the rotor + blades. I put the assembly on the tail, and it vibrates the boom so the tail push rod almost hits the boom. Blindly putting tape & more tape at the CG of either blade to see if the vibration gets better or worse. It is always bad. Shoot. I'll try again with Align plastic blades. The tail rotor bearings are suspect also but don't seem to be sloppy.
The main head and main gear seem to be well balanced. It was just after I changed to the Tarot tail the vibration happened. Tail shaft is new Align.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:52 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Tt?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Tt?
This is the new Tarot belt tail case with new never flown bearings. I meant tail rotor shaft
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
I still can't figure out how people mount something like a Plush 80A or YEP 80A under the battery tray without it hitting the pinion.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
This is the new Tarot belt tail case with new never flown bearings. I meant tail rotor shaft
Oh yes.. thats right, you have the belt.

sorry. hard to keep up with everyones config.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I can not balance these cheap HK CF tail blades shown in the pic above. I've spent about 1.5 hrs total statically balancing the tail rotor again, then finding the CG of the blades, then statically balancing the rotor + blades. I put the assembly on the tail, and it vibrates the boom so the tail push rod almost hits the boom. Blindly putting tape & more tape at the CG of either blade to see if the vibration gets better or worse. It is always bad. Shoot. I'll try again with Align plastic blades. The tail rotor bearings are suspect also but don't seem to be sloppy.
The main head and main gear seem to be well balanced. It was just after I changed to the Tarot tail the vibration happened. Tail shaft is new Align.
The Robird showed me that even with balanced tail blades the tail vibes go up dramatically when you run the head over 2600 RPM. The problem is that you're overdriving the tail, that's why they changed the tail gearing on the 500 Pro. On my 500 the tail vibes are almost non existent till around 2700 RPM and then the tail vibes shoot up into the red zone.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:59 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
I still can't figure out how people mount something like a Plush 80A or YEP 80A under the battery tray without it hitting the pinion.
The plush is about the same size as the ecs I had HK SS 70/80A. I fit mine under the tray without any problems.

I guess it all depends on your cable management.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,260 Posts
Quote:
The plush is about the same size as the ecs I had HK SS 70/80A. I fit mine under the tray without any problems.

I guess it all depends on your cable management.
That's not the problem, the problem is that the ESC touches the pinion. Do you have the new style frame with the dropped battery tray or the old style frame?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I have the GT kit with no battery tray mod.

My Esc is extreamly far from the pinon. I f was close I would have not mounted it there

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...7&d=1334637963

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...6&d=1334637963
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:52 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
I have a hobby wing 80amp under my align 500e battery tray...just lower the esc away from pinion. ( using Velcro as backing of course) and just let the butt of the esc ride over screw tube. ( lack of a better word )
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:56 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
whats that Dejavu*Xion!!! ride that butt in your Avatar?