HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:56 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
Hey Hills, you haven't got a pair of power door mirrors and an A/C compressor for a '97 Chevy Venture have you?
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:36 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,189 Posts
Right or left mirror??
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:04 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Right or left mirror??
Right.... too much English driving! (where you learn to get real close on double-parked streets)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:32 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Hey Evl, just received the parts. If you still wanted to know, the Tarot tail has the conventional button. (TL50073)
Thanks for the pic. Looks like I'll be swapping of my HK metal tail assembly for this one. Hope the shaft etc are interchangable
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:35 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Right.... too much English driving! (where you learn to get real close on double-parked streets)
Here you go http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...FU6mPAodLBAAYA
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:45 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
Quote:
Not a bad price! Might go for the two-tone look then, black on one side and painted on the other!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Thanks for the pic. Looks like I'll be swapping of my HK metal tail assembly for this one. Hope the shaft etc are interchangable
I installed the tail today. Unfortunately, the mount for the control arm is about 2mm closer to the tail rotor shaft compared to the old tail case. The Align and Tarot control arms I have make the slider bind when near the center position. I'm not sure what to do about it.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:48 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,189 Posts
What do you mean by center? I had to screw in my tail control shaft about five turns and mine worked when I changed from the align plastic tail to the tarot metal for the airwolf. I also had to loosen my tail boom and slide it forward about 1-2mm for proper belt tension. Sorry I got it. What slider are you using?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean by center? I had to screw in my tail control shaft about five turns and mine worked when I changed from the align plastic tail to the tarot metal for the airwolf. I also had to loosen my tail boom and slide it forward about 1-2mm for proper belt tension. Sorry I got it. What slider are you using?
I've tried both the plastic align and the aluminum Tarot arms. The Align doesn't bind as much as it has a sloppier fit. In this position, the slider binds the most. At either end, it doesn't bind. The red line describes the distance I was talking about. With this Tarot case, it seems about 2mm shorter distance than the Align or HK ones.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:30 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
That's odd! You wouldn't think a single-sided arm would bind, since the slider is free to rotate.

The plastic link looks like it's upside down though! (maybe you took the other end off the servo)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
That's odd! You wouldn't think a single-sided arm would bind, since the slider is free to rotate.

The plastic link looks like it's upside down though! (maybe you took the other end off the servo)
As the slider reaches the center of the tail rotor, the arm pushes the slider ball back more to the rear of the heli, pressing against the rear of the inside of the arm (which is locked in a vertical position). The slider ball can tip a bit normally, but this arm is making it tip too much.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:03 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,189 Posts
Something is really messed up with your bearings there in the pic, I don't think it is assembled right.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:25 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
As the slider reaches the center of the tail rotor, the arm pushes the slider ball back more to the rear of the heli, pressing against the rear of the inside of the arm (which is locked in a vertical position). The slider ball can tip a bit normally, but this arm is making it tip too much.
I see what you're saying now - the arm is effectively too long, so at the centre of travel the linkage ball is capsized to the point where it binds against the arm. If you had a photo in side view, it would show the slider at quite an angle to the vertical.

Maybe you could find another ball link that works, or even grind down the base of a ball link to prevent the binding.

Odd (and very annoying) that there should be a whole 2mm of difference in the tail casings!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Something is really messed up with your bearings there in the pic, I don't think it is assembled right.
Heh, I flew it once today and both bearings fell apart. Luckily it just stripped the small auto gear. I didn't want to mention that cuz I thought it was unrelated to the arm length issue that I found when I first started building it last night. Probably. Ugh. I still have my Align TT assembly that just needs gears. Maybe I'll just get a gear tomorrow and re-install that. I'm not impressed with Tarot so far. I didn't really want to go back to the Align plastic tail case just for its looks.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:54 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,189 Posts
I was going to say from the pic the belt is pulling the shaft to close and that was what was throwing off the slider. If it's not one thing it's another!
RCG Plus Member