SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,253 Posts
It should be a 3.17 older or a 3.5 new.

Few my 450 today after replacing all three servos. Still trying to get it leveled out. I think I had it pulling to the left before and I got use to flipping and putting in a little right. Well now it's level so I keep pulling it over me when inverted!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
3.17...Thats probably what it is. ( was not written on package ) So much for thinking all 450 motor shafts were created equal. lol

Yes, I'm digging all this inverted stuff. feeling like a heli master now. ha,, Still cant believe I waited so long to try all this stuff. Its actually pretty easy. More so then on a Sim.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:52 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Did my first attempt of a tic-toc a few days ago. First time went not bad... second time was more like a dolphin in the air.

Also my inverted hovers are getting low & low now.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Evltoy: Those tic-tocs can be a . I can only do about 4-5 on the Sim, And every time i attempt on the Sim I keep gaining altitude ( like you said a dolphin) rather then keeping a level plane. So i have yet to really figure those out. Baby steps - I'm just stoked at what I'm doing now. This month is night and day compared to what i was doing last month.
I.E boring circuits rite side up, with a loop here and ther.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:11 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,664 Posts
Ahhhh the sound of progress....

I'm now finding that the electronics i used to like, mostly because of their price, are not cutting the mustard for what i wanna do. The servos could be faster, the motor more powerfull, and the gyro could hold better. The spending never ends......
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:21 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I doubt I will ever get the skills levels to do smack or hard 3D... before that were to happen, I will most likely be onto another hobby or end up not putting in much flying time to get to that level.

Either way I like my sports flying & would like to hone in my skills for that & just enjoy watching others do smack.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:59 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Ahhhh the sound of progress....

I'm now finding that the electronics i used to like, mostly because of their price, are not cutting the mustard for what i wanna do. The servos could be faster, the motor more powerfull, and the gyro could hold better. The spending never ends......
True that. For the most part I'm happy with my servos, Gyros, and esc. But I do find myself now looking to upgrade my motors and blades.
Leeds me to this question: Do better blades really make a difference in flight ? For the most part I have been using the CF cheapies one finds on E-bay. Stings a little Paying $80-$100 for 600mm blades.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:41 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
True that. For the most part I'm happy with my servos, Gyros, and esc. But I do find myself now looking to upgrade my motors and blades.
Leeds me to this question: Do better blades really make a difference in flight ? For the most part I have been using the CF cheapies one finds on E-bay. Stings a little Paying $80-$100 for 600mm blades.
I don't think there's a night and day difference between cheap and premium blades, and some people overstate the difference. You could try out good blades on a smaller heli and compare them with your cheap ones, for not so much of a hit to your wallet.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:31 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
I don't think there's a night and day difference between cheap and premium blades, and some people overstate the difference. You could try out good blades on a smaller heli and compare them with your cheap ones, for not so much of a hit to your wallet.
Good point.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:44 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I just bought a couple of these for my two 500s, hopefully losing the plastic belt drive black tail case for good. http://www.hobby-wing.com/tl50073.html

And the cool Tarot canopy nuts for the 500 http://www.hobby-wing.com/tarot-500-...ut-tl8024.html

...Also got some of the orange Tarot servo arm sets for the HS-65 for the 450, hoping for the best, thanks everydayflyer, my main reason for the order. I'll crash a 450 or two for a review

I was thinking of getting a BeastX to compare to the ZYX. I've only used the ZYX so far.

Anyone getting tired of hearing about Hostess? I didn't know it was such a deal. Do a lot of people eat Hostess snacks? I haven't for quite a while, and really don't know anyone that admits to it. Probably the nostalgia, but I did see people buying like a $100-200 worth of Twinkes and HoHos and whatever else at the local Hostess store on the news. Heh, we can be so manipulated
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:51 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
eagle... Would like to know if the metal tail case has the button inside of them to lock to the tail boom. The HK one doesnt which I had to put a bolt though to stop twisting.

I so love those canopy nuts.. have to get me some for the 500's & 550.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
eagle... Would like to know if the metal tail case has the button inside of them to lock to the tail boom. The HK one doesnt which I had to put a bolt though to stop twisting.

I so love those canopy nuts.. have to get me some for the 500's & 550.
Hmm, will report back about the tail case.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:16 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,253 Posts
The Tarot ones have it. I had to get one for my airwolf.

Here is the piece http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...7nvvgqq5mm3vb7

And here is the tail http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...7nvvgqq5mm3vb7 The picture is not correct. It mounts the same as the HK but has the top piece.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:29 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
mhills.. I'm a little confused with what you have put up. The first pic was the stand-off for a vertical stab with "button"

The second pic was the tail case that has the vertical stab already on it and no "button" on the inside.

Are you saying that you need to drill a hole in the tail case and add the vertical stab stand off to the case?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:54 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,253 Posts
No if you kept reading I said the picture is not right. I wish it would of been because the one they show is the one I needed.

Wow I just looked all over and they all show the very old version even align. Trust me it uses and comes with the button above. It's just like yours but the sides are shaved so the button fits right.
RCG Plus Member