SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
The alzrc come with a main shaft as well. The thrust bearings will work I think, but do you really want to put used ones in a new head.

I have it and so far it has been 100% copy of the align. I did do what beenflying said and put the align dfc plastic ball links on for a tighter fit because I got the align dfc swash, but they are cheap.
The Tarot DFC head has a superior bearing arrangement. The thrust bearings are in the middle like the Protos grips.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Good pick Black heart.. didnt think about the fixed collar on the shaft.

looks like too much effort with the Align kit.

My other option is the RJX head which is not DFC.
I don't see any downsides with the RJX. I've read up on DFC on and off, and it wouldn't benefit soft 3D as I understand it. Except for COG...?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I don't see any downsides with the RJX. I've read up on DFC on and off, and it wouldn't benefit soft 3D as I understand it. Except for COG...?
Personally I do not drink the DFC kool-aid. I groaned when I saw that all of the KDS kits HK was selling were DFC, not buying one of those just like I won't buy a torque tube heli. (I would have bought a Chaos 500 instead of a Tarot if only they offered it in belt drive)

Hobbyking has the real RJX 500 head for $43.

I really wish someone would offer a headless kit so you could buy the head separately and not be stuck with an extra head you don't need.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Nov 04, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:36 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
The Tarot DFC head has a superior bearing arrangement. The thrust bearings are in the middle like the Protos grips.
What 500 tarot DFC? also the bearing arrangement is not a issue and has never been. The only real benefit is the thrust bearings are kept sealed out of the dust and the grease has a better chance of staying in place. This is what they should of pushed. Not the hype listed on the infinity web sight.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:47 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Personally I do not drink the DFC kool-aid. I groaned when I saw that all of the KDS kits HK was selling were DFC, not buying one of those just like I won't buy a torque tube heli. (I would have bought a Chaos 500 instead of a Tarot if only they offered it in belt drive)

Hobbyking has the real RJX 500 head for $43.

I really wish someone would offer a headless kit so you could buy the head separately and not be stuck with an extra head you don't need.
Haha, I have like seven 450 HK and EXI FB heads and another three 500 HK FB heads in a box in good shape. I wonder If anyone would buy them.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:56 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
My 500 w/BeastX

I'm lovin the beastx right now. When I get my HK500TT frame, i'll be installing the beastx on that, and turning this into a fb beater.

Eagle, I might be interested in those HK 500 fb heads

500 BeastX 3D (5 min 20 sec)
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:59 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Haha, I have like seven 450 HK and EXI FB heads and another three 500 HK FB heads in a box in good shape. I wonder If anyone would buy them.
I newbie willing to learn should be interested. Its the only way to get a real feel of a heli before jumping onto fbl.

I personally like fb over fbl, but I'm also open to try.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Hmm, I had no idea there would be any interest. They have been in the part boxes for a while... Not sure if all 3 are used, will take a look.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:35 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,718 Posts
My first 6ch cp heli was a fbl 400 size. When i started building clone kits, i would always have a fbl system (walkera 2702v) even when using the stock fb heads. Only after buying a spartan quark and mks ds90i tail setup, did i fully convert my 450 pro to a fb heli. It took some getting used to, my 600 now is my fb heli. The bigger the blades the more stable it is, but i still like fbl better.

For the right price, i will buy the whole box of heads (you could sell one 500 head to evilt), but there are a few newbies in my club that might need the 450 heads for parts.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:45 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I'm not in need of any fb head parts. I have a fair amount of stock currently.

Also. My HK500 has now done 146 flight. Another 4 flights and I'll be stripping it down for a 50 flight inspection... Not bad that 98% of the heli had not been replaced.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:46 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
It really is amazing. I think very few can actually say that. My hk-500s always seemed to be in a constant upgrade .
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:07 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
going to put in the last 4 flights today then go watch a smack comp that has some boys from the US... should be a fun day.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:19 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
When you get ther dont forget to chant U.S.A - U.S.A - U.S.A I'm sure your "oz" pals will appreciate that.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,413 Posts
Just want to say I was wrong about the CF bottom plate having more room for a motor, the hole is actually about 2mm smaller.

Also it uses M3 screws so you have to expand the holes in your frame by 0.5mm to accommodate them as well as the ends of your boom supports. There was some machining swarf in one the holes that attach the mounting bolts to the bottom plate that felt like it might have damaged the threads so I decided to use longer screws with a nut on the other side to hold the bolts on to the CF bottom plate rather than the screws that came with it.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Nov 06, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
I know you guys are all into flybarless units and have all the upgraded gear on your hk500s.. But I am LOVING this flybarred hk500. I still get that giddy feeling before I fly it even though I have flown/own a slew of other helicopters, this is one of my favorites. Cant wait to see my progression with it. My blade tracking is a LITTLE bit off but it was just too cold today to put it up again after my 5th flight. I think we have it just about right.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your tips/information/help in this thread. You have helped me more than you will ever know
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut