HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:56 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
1,948 Posts
Once I get into 12S setups I'll be looking at 2 bigger chargers. I'm sure this PSU will not be big enough for me. If a 80% discharge lipo (3-6s) takes over 20min to charge... its too slow for me.

ems take 3 working days + weekend (2 days).

If the order is shipped out on Thursday I get the goods on Monday afternoon... latest Tuesday Morning. if its sent out any other day other then Thursday it can take 7 days. Most Items I buy I cant wait more than a week so I pay the extra $$$ to get it here. As I dont have a credit card setup on my paycrap account its takes up to 6 days already to transfer my cash. if I was to use link a credit card I get charged cash advancement fees, international transfer fees and a crappy exchange rate.... I guess I'm not that desperate for my parts
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Last edited by evltoy; Oct 31, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,796 Posts
Just had a couple good flights, head has lower vibes now than before the crash for some reason. I replaced the bearings so maybe that has something to do with it. Pretty sure the cause of the crash was the rod jamming in the guides now so no more hard manuvers will I replace it with a CF one.

Also I just realized I could make my own CF rudder control rod using some threaded link rods and CF tubing. Just cut it to the right length and epoxy a short link rod into each end.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:18 PM
ich liebe Rc Hubschrauber
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,139 Posts
That time frame is faster then I expected... I actually paid more for ems shipping then I did the power supply. $24 + $27 to ship ems. Ha ...thinking you may be a little spoiled. I would be happy as a clam to charge 5000mah in 20 min.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:22 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
1,948 Posts
what charge rate are you running and how many cells is on the 5000mah?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:23 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Just had a couple good flights, head has lower vibes now than before the crash for some reason. I replaced the bearings so maybe that has something to do with it. Pretty sure the cause of the crash was the rod jamming in the guides now so no more hard manuvers will I replace it with a CF one.

Also I just realized I could make my own CF rudder control rod using some threaded link rods and CF tubing. Just cut it to the right length and epoxy a short link rod into each end.
what type of dampeners are you running? Are you re-using the same main blades form the crash? what did you replace from the crash?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,673 Posts
Does anyone have a used canopy they want to sell? maybe has a ding here or less than stellar paint? I ordered a Fusono but its going to take quite a while to get it and I want to get one for practicing on.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:00 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Does anyone have a used canopy they want to sell? maybe has a ding here or less than stellar paint? I ordered a Fusono but its going to take quite a while to get it and I want to get one for practicing on.
I have a new align 500e canopy I will sell for $20 if you pay for shipping. The terminator comes with pushbutton release mounts for $40
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:06 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,250 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and have a CF logo 600 frame coming. Looks like I will be doing another piece by piece build this winter.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
what charge rate are you running and how many cells is on the 5000mah?
accucell 6 50w.... gets me 2.2A takes like 1.5 hrs on a 6s 5000mah li-po. lol... I was growing old waiting for batteries to charge. I hooked my eco-6-10 up to a car battery ( dont have my power supply box yet ) for a test run on a 6s 3000mah set it for 5A charge. Took about 15 min. was nice considering in the past it took a lil over half an hour with accucell6.
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Oct 31, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Well I bit the bullet and have a CF logo 600 frame coming. Looks like I will be doing another piece by piece build this winter.
Nice chopper hills. Logo's seem to be all the rage with the Kool-kids now days. This mean i cant sit at your table anymore ? ha
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:35 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Nice chopper hills. Logo's seem to be all the rage with the Kool-kids now days. This mean i cant sit at your table anymore ? ha
I was never that way! I always let the (cool in my book) kids sit at our table. I think that's why guys always wanted to fight me. Funny they never would show up.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,139 Posts
Back in the 80s. We had 3 clicks...jocks- preps- and stoners...I was a hybrid jock stoner..all tables open but one. Screw the tie wearing, collar lifted Izod shirt wearing preps..ha
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:09 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,250 Posts
Stuck in Catholic school here lol! and I liked my thin leather black tie lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:19 AM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
1,948 Posts
lol think "leather" tie!!!! Reminds me of the Beatles in their early years.

I too was catholic, but our school was poor so we had hard wearing poly/cotton ties that were like cardboard.

Whats prep? Pre-school or junior?
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:37 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,250 Posts
Prep was the rich kids that wore all the expensive close, drove the rich cars and thought their shLt didn't stink lol!

Our dress code for guys was button up shirt, slacks, and a tie. When I first started High school the girls had uniforms, but by the end the girls could wear just about anything.
RCG Plus Member