HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
It seems it's always your best or newest pack.... dam you Murphy!! and your dam law lol!
Literally just happened to me 2 days ago. Maiden flight, sick as a dog BRAND NEW 3s 1600mah pack in my glider. Brain stopped working at about 200 feet up when the wind pushed my glider back on itself and just lawn darted it. Glider will fly again, the lipo however will not lol.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,595 Posts
Sorry atomic skull. I cant help who follows me around. Mhills: with the 500e did you ever have to change out any bearings in the stock plastic tail belt unit ? Mine has just started to squeal a bit. So rather then just replacing the $11 unit. I went ahead like you and bought the align metal belt unit. $42 bucks, But hey its a gram less and its pretty. ha ..if my wants and needs list was not so long i still have plans to put this 500e in an airwolf like yours. So now seemed like a good time to just change it out.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Wow, that's ghetto.

Never, ever had a single issue on DSM2. Same goes for DSMX these days.
Walkera radios aren't bad, their implementation of DSSS is actually a bit more robust than DSM2 with 3 channels instead of 2. The Devo 8 (and Devo 10, which is the closet thing in the Devo line to the DX6i) also has nicer sticks than the DX6i.

That said, customer support isn't even close to HH stuff.

Really, their helicopters aren't either, the engineering in the V120D02S wasn't bad, it was the QC that gave me headaches. They were very obviously being made by factory workers who hated their jobs and by extension the customers for the products they were making. Never had a problem with the radio though except having to replace a switch from dropping it one too many times (I just used a Futaba 3 position toggle from Tower Hobbies, it was an exact match except for the color of the plastic switch body which was grey instead of red)
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Noticed hobbyking is now selling KDS helis....Interesting that it is listed as a Pro-Spec heli...lol
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Noticed hobbyking is now selling KDS helis....Interesting that it is listed as a Pro-Spec heli...lol
If they started carrying spares at their US warehouse I might actually buy one. Parts availability is the reason I haven't considered them in the past.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,101 Posts
They look like logo copies with bad heads. I shouldn't be surprised that is what KDS dose. At least for once it's not Align they are cloning
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
They seem like solid kits but I still think I would rather have a Logo instead.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:54 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
Quote:
It's hard to tell just from the pics, but maybe they are made by Logo, and they're looking to sell more thru HK and under the KDS brand, in which case they can afford to cut their margins. I guess we'll have to wait for reviews and build logs to come in.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,595 Posts
Not to sound vain but my flying skills have progressed so much in the past year im only looking for quality from here on out. Im taking an interest in the 550 maybe even the 700. Hopefully they get them in the usa warehouse. Their overseas shipping Amount on a package this large can kill a deal for me. ( $86 on the 700 to the states ) However the upcoming goblin 500 is still tops on my list.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:44 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
However the upcoming goblin 500 is still tops on my list.
Only fly what you can afford to crash or you may have to deal with some nerves when your air born. I have more fun with my less expensive clone heli's although crashes due to mechanical failure can get annoying at times. If I crash a clone though, I dont dwell on it too long. After a quick post mortem I just walk over to the car and pickup another aircraft. Crashing the Golblin might put you on a downer for a few weeks until the parts arrive, and your wife might think its odd seeing you sitting there rubbing the goblins canopy mumbling "my precious"

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:22 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,595 Posts
lol @ "my precious"
...I hear ya. And thats exactly what it would be like. I'd like to think for the most part my crashing days are behind me. Have not dumb thumbed one in about a year now. Last crash was do to hk-500 tail blow out. ( mechanical issue) Here is wher i am at now in flight skill. Doing clean circuits, figure 8's. pitch pumps, backward flights in all orientations, loops, rolls, and working on cleaning up inverted flights. No hard smack 3-d basically. The reason i say no more clones is, I just cant take a chance on a mechanical failure with wher I'm at. ( been ther done that ) can it still happen with a quality heli ? of course. But the chances are greatly reduced. taking more notes now on the KDS 550. It really looks nice and the price is rite. May come down to a coin toss. KDS 550 or goblin 500 ?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,101 Posts
My precious is how I thought of my 500pro until a burned up servo brought it down. After that first crash it no longer has the title "never been crashed" lol!

When I raced motorcycles and you got a new set of leathers the first thing you did was roll around on the ground to ruff them up. If you didn't you were just asking to crash.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,127 Posts
Quote:
And I'd rather have a MClaren F1 too.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,101 Posts
Your only looking at $100 to $200 more for the Logo when your talking that much money
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:26 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
My precious is how I thought of my 500pro until a burned up servo brought it down. After that first crash it no longer has the title "never been crashed" lol!

When I raced motorcycles and you got a new set of leathers the first thing you did was roll around on the ground to ruff them up. If you didn't you were just asking to crash.
lol....This is like when the very few times i buy motorcycle boots...I always like to dirty/scuff them up first before i showcase em in public.