HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
Blackheart: Im curious on your 450 airwolf build, Do you ( for lack of a better word) have half bridges in the inside/rear of your fuse to help secure the mechanics down ?? I'm Trying to figure out if rcareodyne has done something new in this area with their airwolf in the past year. Or if ya would, just stick a camera in ther and show us all. ~~~~ the lighting looks good, Pretty slick .
It comes with wood peaces you shim the heli with but nothing is there when you first get it.
I took the first peace and used epoxy to glue it down and made sure I applied enough
that is formed to the bottom so it was secure across the bottom.
and on the screw I use washers.
I've crashed two of them and never had a problem with the mounting cracking or breaking.
I have to trim allot of wires off to clean up the lights
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8850
I am still waiting on my cnc landing gears to come in.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140773814063...84.m1438.l2649
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,597 Posts
Thanks for the pics..Yes this is diff. then the way i had my 500 fit into fuse. Hindsight is 20/20 i should have taken pics.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,124 Posts
I found I only needed three pieces of wood per end so I was just over thinking it. It's still a tad high, but once screwed down should be fine. One thing I found is to take off the links to the swash while your fitting it or you will be fighting the fuse every time.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Perfect fit. Thx all. ALZRC 500ESP canopy

Really have to say, ALZRC makes some top notch canopies. Almost don't want to fly them.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:40 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Anyone know anything about the VWinRC FBL head? I'm building a 500 from a list of Tarot parts and I like the look of this head better than the Tarot 500 FBL head (I like the replaceable pitch control links)

Reason I'm building from a parts list is because I want to use the upgrade frame with standard size servo holes and use all aluminum parts as well as a Helioption single piece mainshaft block and would essentially throw most of the kit away anyway. It was actually cheaper to just buy it as parts.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:52 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,124 Posts
I found that paying that $7 to $10 shipping on every part takes away any savings and you end up paying much more. I only did that on my 500pro because every part was free shipping on ebay and So I could get it past my wife. lol!
You may look at the ALZrc SDC head. It is the same as the Align and you can get replacement arms.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Anyone know anything about the VWinRC FBL head? I'm building a 500 from a list of Tarot parts and I like the look of this head better than the Tarot 500 FBL head (I like the replaceable pitch control links)

Reason I'm building from a parts list is because I want to use the upgrade frame with standard size servo holes and use all aluminum parts as well as a Helioption single piece mainshaft block and would essentially throw most of the kit away anyway. It was actually cheaper to just buy it as parts.
I have the VWINRC 500 FBL head installed. It is a really high quality piece. The grips look pretty strong. It builds nice and smooth with no slop.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Will these two items work on a standard 500 belt tail? It says "Pro" tail control arm but I can't see any difference between this and the standard one.

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-500-pro...5-p-62449.html

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-500-par...1-p-61919.html
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,124 Posts
They should, the ball maybe a different size or not. I have not switched mine around, but I do have the pro slider on my 500e without any issues.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
VWinRC FBL head arrived. One of the grips has some small blemishes in the anodizing. Don't know if I'm going to send it back over that or not. Sent email to Hobbycool, I'll see what they say. Ideally I'd like to just replace the one grip because the rest of the head is perfect.

Anyone know what size bearings this head uses? Also are the dampers and sleeve the same as a standard 500 flybar head?

One of the grips felt a bit gritty when turned but spinning the grip against my palm a few times seemed to clear it up.

And holy balls are 500 blades bigger than 450 blades.

Decided to just buy a kit and upgrade it, after adding it all up, buying as parts comes out to the same, except with a kit I have some parts left over to sell off, a manual, some locktite and a blade holder.

If I use the built in BEC in the YEP80A ESC do I still need to put a capacitor across the power leads to the RX to prevent the switching BEC from causing interference with the rotory encoder in HK28013MG MI servos? They use magnetic induction rather than a potentiometer and supposedly an insufficiently smooth switching power supply can cause the rotory encoder to wig out and return erroneous values making the servo jitter and draw too much current.

These are actually Blue Arrow MI servos btw.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,282 Posts
The main blade grips should use the same bearing size as a flybarred head. They both use the same feathering shaft. 6x12x4mm Align number MR126ZZ. Check the thrust bearings first before you replace them.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
The main blade grips should use the same bearing size as a flybarred head. They both use the same feathering shaft. 6x12x4mm Align number MR126ZZ. Check the thrust bearings first before you replace them.
There's nothing wrong with the bearings I just wanted to know what to get for spares. I will however replace the feathering shaft with a Tarot one.

Do your grips have any discolorations in the anodizing (they sort of look like tiny scuff marks only the surface is smooth, they're basically small less reflecting discolorations) in the silver parts or did I just get a bad grip?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I took apart my 450 today. I was bored. I am asking for advice on how to put it back together.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:27 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I'm not sure what to do first. I could move my chair mat forward. It seems to have slipped. What do you do with all these tools??
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:40 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I'm not sure what to do first. I could move my chair mat forward. It seems to have slipped. What do you do with all these tools??
Not sure about the tools.... but you can send the Turnigy mems gyro to me. PM me for address
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy