HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:50 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Your always a wealth of info..thanks Hills.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:58 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Speaking of bearings...I posted I thought my new 500 main bearing was going out. It sounded exactly like my old 500 when the lower main bearing went out, so I replaced both main bearings with Align brand. Still has the exact same noise, at about the frequency of the rotor head speed. The sound changes with differing load on the main blades. The main gear isn't rubbing on the frame...

I can't think of anything else except for the main bearings. Could I have installed them incorrectly somehow? I like to have zero end play in the main shaft, could I have installed the collet too tight and ruined a bearing?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
owb or bearing in motor?
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
owb or bearing or motor bearing?
I was thinking OWB, but wouldn't that affect the head rotation smoothness? Possibly the motor?..I have another set of bearings for it. Hmm, I'll change both the main bearings and the OWB, then the motor bearings. I with I could replicate it right now, but I can only do it when the main rotor is under load.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,784 Posts
Hey stixx here is a link about someone else's build with the fuse you got and what they did. Go towards the bottom of the page. http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=71511&page=173
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
hi there guys where the best place to mount the ZYX-S on a T-REX 500 ESP ?
helifreak592 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak592
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,784 Posts
I would get the metal rx mount and put it there, just because I wouldn't want to have to keep remounting it on the boom every time I needed to pull it apart. They are only like $5
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Hey stixx here is a link about someone else's build with the fuse you got and what they did. Go towards the bottom of the page. http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=71511&page=173
Excellent Hills. Yes im still a lil undecided if i want to go with this.. http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...sub_cat_id=243 Or the heliartist raised tail t.t set up... rcaerodyne should be ashamed to have sent out that fuse with such crap wooden raised tail forms. But becouse it was only $40 on a sale. Im not tearing up to bad.
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Sep 11, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:25 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Mhills--I would get the metal rx mount and put it there, just because I wouldn't want to have to keep remounting it on the boom every time I needed to pull it apart. They are only like $5
+1...every time you should strip a front t.t gear one would have to undo your fbl controler from the tranny box...what a That got to be
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
Mhills--I would get the metal rx mount and put it there, just because I wouldn't want to have to keep remounting it on the boom every time I needed to pull it apart. They are only like $5
+1...every time you should strip a front t.t gear one would have to undo your fbl controler from the tranny box...what a That got to be
so the connection on the ZYX-S should pointing at the back of the tail Right ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:46 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
It is easier that way. But becouse of the room afforded with the larger size 500 frame. It all looks better with wiring inside frame..But either way would be just fine.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
do you have to used a rx with the ZYX-S or just the satellite alone , what the best setting for the dx7s before you plug up the zyx-s
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,746 Posts
Still have to use a rx with a fbl controler. Sat. is an option. Always good to go with one... As far as best setting on your dx7. Now your treading into water i know nothing of..Mhills cant answer this one for you.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,784 Posts
If your using the ZYX-s you need to get a adapter to use just the sat. http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...sq3qprdelqbo25

from what I have seen it's kinda hard to set up with the throttle and all, but you can do it. I would just get a cheap RX.

Guy's don't think I'm 100% committed to the sights I link to. I just know what sights come up quick that I can reference so people know what I'm talking about. Although AC-RC is not bad.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
If your using the ZYX-s you need to get a adapter to use just the sat. http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...sq3qprdelqbo25

from what I have seen it's kinda hard to set up with the throttle and all, but you can do it. I would just get a cheap RX.

Guy's don't think I'm 100% committed to the sights I link to. I just know what sights come up quick that I can reference so people know what I'm talking about. Although AC-RC is not bad.
so a 6 ch Rx can work ?
RCG Plus Member