SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,080 Posts
Yeah I don't get it. On the first spindle, i hadthe grips on and off a dozen times and flip flopped them to see if switching sides made a difference. Last night I put the new spindle in and it was effortless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb View Post
Perhaps the QC on the Align feathering shafts is questionable (maybe they are a fraction of a mm off in size)? It's unusual for Align parts to have QC issues, but not impossible. In my case, I was not able to wrench the feathering shaft down very tightly without the blade grips binding, just today I wrenched the hell out of my HK-250GT feathering shaft and the blade grips move as smooth as silk, which got me to thinking I may need to pull the stock HK washers/bearings (including thrust bearings) out of those main blade grips to resolve this minor issue once and for all.

Note that I've NEVER had the Align feathering shaft loosen up on me in flight (on the 500GT), and after dozens of flights the screws are locked in the same as they were a couple months ago when I swapped the feathering shaft, haven't had to do any maintenance on them at all...
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:26 PM
England/uk
Joined Oct 2007
521 Posts
hk 500gt

Hello,
I got my kit this morning and after a few hours it looks like a heli, as stated before the supplied bolts are crap ,also a bit of a struggle to fit boom and belt,i have a small problem with the fit of the main blades in the holders they are very very tight,should i remove material from the holders or from the blade roots? also my 5s5000mah packs are way too big can i ask what size 5s packs you guys are using? or should i use two packs of 3s? .Overall iam very happy with the quality and the cost of this heli.
cheers Euan.
egall232 is offline Find More Posts by egall232
Old Jan 23, 2010, 02:05 AM
Joined Jan 2010
67 Posts
[QUOTE=Tumbler;14140539]I posted a quick vid of mine a couple pages back doing a couple pirouettes and you can see it holds and stops real nice with this combo.

Thank you.Very cheap compination and good as you realized.
What do you think about groundind tail bool for static elecricity?
Any idea how to do it?Is it nessecery?
markos51 is offline Find More Posts by markos51
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:29 AM
Heli nutz
pakenham victoria
Joined Feb 2009
75 Posts
Flying my hk 500

Heres a short vid of me practicing flying my hk500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4uHmULjBCo
jamiep is offline Find More Posts by jamiep
Old Jan 23, 2010, 06:47 AM
stevenage, England
Joined Sep 2009
12 Posts
Notchy blade grips

I myself am also experiencing notchy blade grips at this time,
i considered buying the Align thrust bearings and washer spares but decided to take somebodys advice and first buy the Align black dampeners and try and see if they can make the grips smoother, wanting to replace as little as possible before flying.

I have also bought the metal mixing arms and washout arms in the one kit as the ball link will hold much better in the metal than the plastic arm.
Later i will let you know if i the dampeners work better,

Cheers Michael
micka205 is offline Find More Posts by micka205
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
Stockholm SWEDEN
Joined Mar 2006
4 Posts
How to fit an Scorpion HK-4020 Brushless Motor

I bought the Scorpion HK-4020 Brushless Motor (1890W, 1390Kv) to my HK-500GT and now I just realized it doesn´t fit in the motor mount. Does anyone know if there is any suitable motor mount to buy or do I just have to make a new one?
Mappe is offline Find More Posts by Mappe
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:00 AM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,080 Posts
Thee are pics back a few pages showing how I did that as well. Not sure if it is necessary but the Trex has a lot of problems with its carbon frame. I thought better safe than sorry.

[QUOTE=markos51;14145266]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
I posted a quick vid of mine a couple pages back doing a couple pirouettes and you can see it holds and stops real nice with this combo.

Thank you.Very cheap compination and good as you realized.
What do you think about groundind tail bool for static elecricity?
Any idea how to do it?Is it nessecery?
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Jan 23, 2010, 01:46 PM
Milan, Italy
Joined Dec 2009
16 Posts
Yesterday I got mine....very very nice hely, but my ciclic servos, Hitech 225MG don't fit the screw hole! What can I do? My tail servo , 9257 Futaba is the right misure, for example....
col.and is offline Find More Posts by col.and
Old Jan 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
Joined Jan 2010
67 Posts
[QUOTE=Tumbler;14146670]Thee are pics back a few pages showing how I did that as well. Not sure if it is necessary but the Trex has a lot of problems with its carbon frame. I thought better safe than sorry.

thank you.I will do it
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hemet, California
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Mar 2005
1,441 Posts
[QUOTE=markos51;14148759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
Thee are pics back a few pages showing how I did that as well. Not sure if it is necessary but the Trex has a lot of problems with its carbon frame. I thought better safe than sorry.
thank you.I will do it
What are the pros and cons of upgrading to a CF main frame? I am running a AR7000 with dual RX's

Thanks,
kctrading is offline Find More Posts by kctrading
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctrading View Post
What are the pros and cons of upgrading to a CF main frame? I am running a AR7000 with dual RX's

Thanks,
Pros: Stiffer, more rigid, lighter-weight and stronger than aluminum, preferred by advanced 3D fliers.

Cons: Splinters in a crash (nearly impossible to repair), can cause static issues with belt-drive, expensive.

No reason to jump up to a C/F frame unless you crash your stock frame bending it beyond repair, and like the looks of a C/F frame, otherwise it's not worth the $$. The stock aluminum frame on the 500GT is thick gauge and very strong, it would take a hard crash to destroy that frame.
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hemet, California
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Mar 2005
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb View Post
Pros: Stiffer, more rigid, lighter-weight and stronger than aluminum, preferred by advanced 3D fliers.

Cons: Splinters in a crash (nearly impossible to repair), can cause static issues with belt-drive, expensive.

No reason to jump up to a C/F frame unless you crash your stock frame bending it beyond repair, and like the looks of a C/F frame, otherwise it's not worth the $$. The stock aluminum frame on the 500GT is thick gauge and very strong, it would take a hard crash to destroy that frame.
I have the HK CF sides...think I will use the stock for now...thanks!

I have heard that the screws that hold the frame together are soft? Is there a Align part number I can order to replace these? Also being that these are screwed into plastic do they need a dap of silicone to help keep them in place?
kctrading is offline Find More Posts by kctrading
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:42 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctrading View Post
I have the HK CF sides...think I will use the stock for now...thanks!

I have heard that the screws that hold the frame together are soft? Is there a Align part number I can order to replace these? Also being that these are screwed into plastic do they need a dap of silicone to help keep them in place?
KC -

Sure, you can buy the Align screw set from helidirect for $7, here's the link:

Align T-Rex 500 Frame Screw set

The part number is H50048-1 if you want to check prices at other vendors.

No need to add anything to screws going into plastic, plastic absorbs vibration so the screws stay locked in place without the need for an adhesive or threadlocker. Any metal-to-metal sheet screws should be loctite'd or they may loosen in flight and cause serious issues.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:52 PM
Joined Jan 2010
67 Posts
Can someone write me how can i increase rudder speed.
I canot increase travell ajustment because of rod limit.
-40 rudder expo travell but still slower than ailleron and elevetor.
What gyro (100%) ajustment does in travel ajustment setting?
I am sure ther must be a way but for sure i miss something.

I have read many post about tail wag but i have not understood finally what was the problem and if it ok now.
There are many pages in this forum so someone can not read them all.
It would be nice if someone write in one page problems with hk500 and next if still exist or solved and how.
If something like that exist somewhere please give me the link.
Thank you.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
markos -

Within the DX7 (not sure about other radios), end point adjustment will actually change the rate of travel of your rudder servo. The Gryo controls the throw distance, but the EPA adjustment in the radio controls the speed. Check the EPA of the "gear" channel (if that's what you're using), it often defaults to 50, so bump it up to 70-80 and you should see a difference. If your end points are already at max, your tail servo is probably just slow or does not have enough torque.

I should add that head speed also affects piro rate, the slower your head speed, the slower your piro rate. If your blade RPMs are on the low end (< 2200 RPMs), your piro rate won't be all that impressive.