HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
117 Posts
Well I got ancy (sp?) and took it back outside, I just stood in the shade this time. Adjusted a link one turn and boooom! This baby is purrring. LOL one of my neighbors did an awesome double take at this thing. The wind was blowing stiff, down the street and was making some good noise across the blades.

Thanks again for the help/info in this thread. I'm usually pretty good about getting videos, so stay tuned, I'll have one on here in the next few days.
91awdTalon is offline Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,835 Posts
Boy you guys were right about helifreak. I have been posting over there to kinda stay on topic and went to help a guy in the 450pro thread about his tail gears. He was all talking about gluing the bearings on the gears to keep the spacing right. In my experiance if you use all align the spacing should be just right, but if not I gave him a link to the shims the clones came out with because they know theirs is not all the same. I told him the align fit so tight they should stay were they are and don't need any glue. He said Align told him (who from align would talk to this guy?) that he needed t48 glue for the bearings and I thought for a moment and realized they were talking about gluing the bearings in the bearing holders not on the nylon gears. Anyway he PM's edit your post immediately If I wanted a just build it and fly it answer I wouldn't of posted. I went back to the post and he wrote again about align told him this and that in a email. I am thinking what sales staff is giving this punk the time of day?

Sorry I just had to vent.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
There is a lot of BS on the internet and its people like that that start it. You have gone out of your way to help and he burns you. Now dont give him the time of day.

The funny thing is the info get got from the "email" is in the manual. Tells you how much brains he has.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,835 Posts
Hey did you get your charger fixed?
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:04 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Chargers are ok. It was my power supply that I killed. Thanks to wlee1017 & baddb1 we have so far found one dead component that I need to track & replace down.

I have created a blog if anyone’s interested in following.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706324
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
+ 1 on this...I just had to take apart my whole tail on the 500e to rid those plastic parts.. To much movement and was creating Tail havoc in flight..those cheap plastic tail rudder control rod holders needed to be switched out as well.
OK you guys, point taken...The servo mount is probably the worst ever after looking at it flex on the ground. I'm going to fly it around though.

I'm placing my smallest HK order ever

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_H50038_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_H50109_.html
Finally in stock!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html

I'll use an OrangeRX with a satellite with this heli.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:55 PM
Registered User
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
117 Posts
Got a few more hovers/slow ff in today. This thing is a beast! I'm pretty impressed with that cx-1x1000 gyro, holds just as good if not probably better then my 2100t.
91awdTalon is offline Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:01 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Boy you guys were right about helifreak. I have been posting over there to kinda stay on topic and went to help a guy in the 450pro thread about his tail gears. He was all talking about gluing the bearings on the gears to keep the spacing right. In my experiance if you use all align the spacing should be just right, but if not I gave him a link to the shims the clones came out with because they know theirs is not all the same. I told him the align fit so tight they should stay were they are and don't need any glue. He said Align told him (who from align would talk to this guy?) that he needed t48 glue for the bearings and I thought for a moment and realized they were talking about gluing the bearings in the bearing holders not on the nylon gears. Anyway he PM's edit your post immediately If I wanted a just build it and fly it answer I wouldn't of posted. I went back to the post and he wrote again about align told him this and that in a email. I am thinking what sales staff is giving this punk the time of day?

Sorry I just had to vent.
Why is it so hard for the clone companies to make decent bevel gears that mesh correctly on the tail shaft of TT 450 Pros.. Grade A Tarot, ALZRC, and some VWINRC spares seem mostly correct. Alot of ebay vendors sell some that don't fit the bearings and don't mesh correctly.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:21 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
OK you guys, point taken...The servo mount is probably the worst ever after looking at it flex on the ground. I'm going to fly it around though.

I'm placing my smallest HK order ever

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_H50038_.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_H50109_.html
Finally in stock!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html

I'll use an OrangeRX with a satellite with this heli.
exact same parts i used dave. Mucho better !! So far the only flaw i have found on this 500e.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:22 PM
Just fly
evltoy's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong... 1 reason why clones are cheap is that they use the some mould over and over again until it’s totally screwed. Instead of replacing a mould every 100 batch’s they replace every 500 making the last 300 batch's bad. If you get one of the early batch’s you will find that they are ok..

To replace a mould cost money so the less they replace a mould and the more they push out the cheaper the part, but the quality could go either way.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:40 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong... 1 reason why clones are cheap is that they use the some mould over and over again until it’s totally screwed. Instead of replacing a mould every 100 batch’s they replace every 500 making the last 300 batch's bad. If you get one of the early batch’s you will find that they are ok..

To replace a mould cost money so the less they replace a mould and the more they push out the cheaper the part, but the quality could go either way.
I had heard that also and it makes sense. I haven't had too many problems with the main and auto gears, but never used the smaller high performance bevel tail gears.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:50 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
exact same parts i used dave. Mucho better !! So far the only flaw i have found on this 500e.
You got me looking at mine and it's as solid as a rock. The only thing that gives is the rubber grommets in the servo. At least the align uses the CF with plastic around the boom instead of the HK GT all plastic. Personally I think the plastic grabs the aluminum boom better.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:31 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Did you use some plastic shims for your tail servo Boom rod grips ? I did,, And still had a lil play. Just did not want to chance it. Last thing i need is another 500 dirt nap. Think I have had my share in past few months. lol..Anyways the metal ones are rock solid.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:55 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,835 Posts
Yes I did and they are solid as well. You do need to CA them after you make your adjustments.

Of course it's the little things that make people tend to forget and then blame the product instead of themselves. Like my tarot gyro. It could be something else that made my 450 die that is why I posted that I am just finished using questionable parts. This way I know it was something that shouldn't of happened instead of wondering? was it the $55 gyro? If I use quality things then most likely its something I screwed up lol!
See I probably wouldn't use the metal ones without some kind of Teflon or plastic bushing inside it. I wouldn't want to take the chance of the metal cutting into the metal rod. See were all dammed if we do or dammed if we don't aren't we
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:58 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,835 Posts
Oh by the way my little rant with the guy at HF someone from Japan posted +1 to my post lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 09:28 PM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 11:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 05:48 PM
Laird Super Solution Build Thread! boomerace Parkflyers 178 Oct 29, 2003 08:20 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 10:34 PM