HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:54 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,042 Posts
hahaha. thats funny. I have been watching them relist for over a week and everytime they went over $100.

This time I was over it and put a bid in for $105... and I end up paying $86.
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
Good for you. I just saw them at $52 and thought if they go that low I might as well try for some spares, but it looks like someone else drove them up higher than me.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:03 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
I got my 500pro up today and found that I damaged my tail servo as it was jumping. I have a MKS ds8910a to replace it, but it comes with little bitty grommets and no metal inserts. I am thinking I should just mount it solid or put the screws threw the grommets and just snug them down.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
hahaha. thats funny. I have been watching them relist for over a week and everytime they went over $100.

This time I was over it and put a bid in for $105... and I end up paying $86.
lol..exactly what i did with my align 500e..Put in a max of $200...won it for $150..E-bay rocks at times.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:14 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,042 Posts
I tend not to use ebay much due to all the fakes and BS with dodgy shops, but this was a good deal.

Thanks guys for givnig me the heads up about these guys
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
I tend to agree. I think a lot of these guys are hobby shops that found one way to stay above water by parting out kits. I don't think their vendors would like it if they did it as the store front.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Its not the tail Blade that is the problem... remember you crashed them . Nothing wrong with plastic blade grips either, just sometimes they just need to be balanced just light any other tail blade you get in CF or glass.
well, if its not the plastic blades, they sure are not helping any, and only causing the problem to get worse. Therefore, i will no longer use the plastic blades. The blade grips are the cncheli upgrade grips and have been surviving all the punishment i've been dishing out. The align metal grips broke an arm on the first crash and the feathering bolt broke off inside the hub. I could go and take the whole tail section apart to hunt for the ghost vibe part by part, but i just wanna fly, and the cf blades will allow me to sooner rather than later.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:19 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
Don't get the align heatsink for the YEP it won't fit. The YEP is too wide you would have to cut one side off for it to fit. Not only that but it weighs a ton. The one I cut out of a old heatsink is half the weight and dissipates three times the heat. I will just have to buy that glue
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:23 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
Flew everything today. I was having a real blast with the 500. One guy from France told me, "very beautiful flying" So I got that going for me
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:13 AM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
well, if its not the plastic blades, they sure are not helping any, and only causing the problem to get worse. Therefore, i will no longer use the plastic blades. The blade grips are the cncheli upgrade grips and have been surviving all the punishment i've been dishing out. The align metal grips broke an arm on the first crash and the feathering bolt broke off inside the hub. I could go and take the whole tail section apart to hunt for the ghost vibe part by part, but i just wanna fly, and the cf blades will allow me to sooner rather than later.
I think you may have miss read me. I was saying that the plastic blades are fine until you had crashed and damaged them and now may be causing the problems you have. But dont right off plastic blades as they are just as if not sometimes better then cf and glass blades.

I had some very bad CF tail blade grip that were out of balance and caused all sorts of issues. Once going back to plastic I was all good.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:17 AM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Flew everything today. I was having a real blast with the 500. One guy from France told me, "very beautiful flying" So I got that going for me
Good stuff mhills. I had very much the same response from a plane flyer today. only took out the 450 today to dial it back in after a big crash a few months ago.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:44 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
Oh I forgot to say that the YEP after putting the startup power to auto now starts perfect. Nice and smooth. So far just as good as my CC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:39 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Oh I forgot to say that the YEP after putting the startup power to auto now starts perfect. Nice and smooth. So far just as good as my CC
No throttle blip anymore? Could you post your settings? I have messed around with it quite a bit, but was never able to get rid of that little blip. Thanks!
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:46 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,885 Posts
timing auto
brake off
cut off slow
cut off volts 3.1
cell-
cell-
special stop programmed and full speed(for calibration) auto timing set

page 2

act gov free off gov off
p -
i -
start up heli middle
pwm 12
start up power auto

Hope this helps and don't forget to enter on each or it won't change and set up the calibration
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
timing auto
brake off
cut off slow
cut off volts 3.1
cell-
cell-
special stop programmed and full speed(for calibration) auto timing set

page 2

act gov free off gov off
p -
i -
start up heli middle
pwm 12
start up power auto

Hope this helps and don't forget to enter on each or it won't change and set up the calibration
Thanks, is your governor turned off? It seems any governor mode will have the blip.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777