Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
That's weird. Is ur negative pitch too high
My neg is around 9-10deg.. same as or just less then my full pos pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Eveltoy: I'm Not even going to try on this one. So your tail and gyro hold strong In all orientation except when inverted And flipping rite side up again ? I'm at a loss. But interested in the solution. Let us know.
It holds well inverted, just when coming out of it hard and quick.

I did some minor setup changes in the gryo by going from std gyro response Rate to fast and also gave a little extra on the gyro limits. I'll give it a crack today and see how things turn out. If this doesnt work my next option will be to change the gyro flight mode from F3C to 3D.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
JR XG8 use DMSS and is not not compatibel with Spektrum DSM, DSM2 and DSMX. I am looking at new tx Futaba, 12FG
Thanks for the info wlee1017...... So ther is another few Hundred $'s in changing out all my rx's. This is not looking good.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:38 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
Yea even Futaba is on the road to changing. The Fasst is their commercial system. They are in the process of changing to FHSS If you look the $3000 radio is both fasst and fhss. I guess a few people would of been really pissed if they spent $3000 and found fasst slowly going away. I am fine as long as frsky keeps making RX's almost makes me wonder if futaba is helpping them
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MD500E 600 size build
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:38 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Thanks for the info wlee1017...... So ther is another few Hundred $'s in changing out all my rx's. This is not looking good.
Why change? More ergonomic, better display, more models, easier to program, more features, more reliable? I almost bought an Aurora 9 a couple times, but have a fleet that would need new receivers. The Futaba is nice, and I have programmed a heli into that also, along with the JR. I really can't justify buying a new system for $1k with multiple RXs myself.

I have two DX7 transmitters, and would probably change to DX7s or DX8 if I lost both. I haven't had any problems in the past two years with mine.

I should send those in for upgrade one of these days.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:43 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
Flew the pro today. It was having a osculation problem you could see in the blades before it took off. Everything is straight, it seems to be the beast. I am going to try mounting it with different tape and if that don't work I will play with the aileron gain because it seems to be side to side.

The good old reliable as I am starting to call it 500e flew great and just don't ask for anything in return. Also had my 450pro with the tarot-s flying great as well. Nice day no crashing at least me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
I flew 14 packs today with two 450s and the 500. I dialed out all the wobble in the ZYX 450v2 a while ago with 5 batteries of testing and setting PID, and lowered the gains a bit again. Almost have all the head wobble out of the 500, like 1/4" or so after going into hover after a maneuver like a roll with lots of negative pitch to eye level that lasts about 0.75 sec.

The 450 FB, I wanted to go scale and was pretty successful with Cap'n Jacks recommendations, and was landing on baseball diamonds nose in and out and flying scale in about 5mph wind. I'll give flying strictly rate mode a shot next weekend. Will try funnels tomorrow with the 450s.
Last edited by eagle777; Jul 21, 2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: The 500 head wag was after I installed the green YB dampers.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
FASST has error checking and correctin capability and scan the band at boot. FSSH has no error checking and correction capability. FSSH are cheaper to produce than FASST and it lower the cost.

Originally, Spektrum engineers started development with requency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) based systems because they were relatively easy and inexpensive to develop. However, they found out FHSS had several limitations that would prevent itas optimal solution for RC. As it is costly to develop, Spektrum tried with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) and optimized the modulation scheme to overcome critical response and re-link issues. DSSS systems use and transmit on a single selected frequency but based on a very wide band. However, only a small portion of that band is used for encoded information. Later, Spektrumīs DSM 2.4GHz Spread Spectrum Technology was born. DSSS provided foundation for rc hobby radio and furture development..

now, we have updated version of DSM technology referred to as DSM2 which greatly reduced latency of radio and the bit-rate is increased. even further we have spektrum DSMX nowadays.

There is test that FASST is faster than spektrum technology though Spectrum's is plenty fast already.

s.p. the reason why I am looking at 12FG, I am given a scale EDF F18 as gift, nice air flighter but required 12 channels . I have DX8, 8 channels only now.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Last edited by wlee1017; Jul 21, 2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added sp
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:24 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
I feel like I should upgrade, but nothing has come around that compels me. I know a bit about latency and resolution & the upgraded super specs wouldn't make a difference to me. The reliability of my stuff is good (I've never lost a heli from brownout, or any loss of control).

My reasons for upgrading would be, better display and more usable programming menus. And a less scratched up front face
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
What is FSSH? I am talking about FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) advantages include extremely low latency, exceptionally fast frame rates Straight off of Futaba's web page.
Like I said I don't care I have my Futaba Fasst that I got 4 years ago and it has never once failed me or glitched or needed rebinding or browned out. So I'm happy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
What is FSSH? I am talking about FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) advantages include extremely low latency, exceptionally fast frame rates Straight off of Futaba's web page.
Like I said I don't care I have my Futaba Fasst that I got 4 years ago and it has never once failed me or glitched or needed rebinding or browned out. So I'm happy.
you know it's typo error. at same post, I typed. FSSH and FHSS for Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:25 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
114 Posts
Well I took mine out to set up the gyro and as soon as I get spooled up I get a violent tail wag. Any ideas?

Everything looked really smooth except the violent wag left and right.
91awdTalon is offline Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91awdTalon View Post
Well I took mine out to set up the gyro and as soon as I get spooled up I get a violent tail wag. Any ideas?

Everything looked really smooth except the violent wag left and right.
What is your gain set at? sounds like it is way too high.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:34 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
you know it's typo error. at same post, I typed. FSSH and FHSS for Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum.
lol! here I started beating my self up because something new was out their and I didn't know about it.

Talk about beating ones self up. I just got done reprogramming or programming for the first time my YEP. The motor was running really hot and it is a 4 pole instead of Aligns 6 . So I found with the Align speedcontrol set up directions that a 2 pole should be low timing and 6 should be medium. I went in to change it to 0 or 6% and found it at 18% (the highest setting) also found it set for brake and fast start. That is when I realized I needed to enter each change on the board. The first time I just moved it over to what I wanted and moved on to the next setting.

Just looked at the card and it was set for 30 degrees not 18 so it was really screaming...No wonder my battery packs were hotter than the 500pro. Looks like we are all boneheads today. Must be the weather?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Jul 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:44 PM
Seattle Area
Joined Aug 2007
4,418 Posts
Quote:
lol! here I started beating my self up because something new was out their and I didn't know about it.

Talk about beating ones self up. I just got done reprogramming or programming for the first time my YEP. The motor was running really hot and it is a 4 pole instead of Aligns 6 . So I found with the Align speedcontrol set up directions that a 2 pole should be low timing and 6 should be medium. I went in to change it to 0 or 6% and found it at 18% (the highest setting) also found it set for brake and fast start. That is when I realized I needed to enter each change on the board. The first time I just moved it over to what I wanted and moved on to the next setting.
I f'ed up once, programming a 4S when my system is 3S with the card at the field. The options on the card do not include 3S; it is the default and you can't go back once you program a higher cell count.

Only found 20 min later that the last blank space on page 2 of the card resets the ESC. Should be a YEP sticky.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:46 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
114 Posts
Quote:
What is your gain set at? sounds like it is way too high.
I tried many different gain settings with the same result. My intention was to go out and setup the tail in rate mode to get rid of the drift. As soon as the HS rose the violent wag began. I actually thought it was going to ball up it was wagging so hard.

Edit: I'm a bonehead, my tail linkage support guides were loose. I'm going to tighten those up and see what happens...

Edit 2: Well it is still doing the same thing. I'm open for suggestions. Thanks everyone!
91awdTalon is offline Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
Last edited by 91awdTalon; Jul 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: update