HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:02 AM
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by breault View Post
Talon that canopy is beautiful! May I ask where you bought it?
Thanks! I found this one at helidirect. They were out of stock on this design for a while, I signed up for that "mail me when in stock" and snagged it quick. Looks like only one left again.

It is def. a great looking canopy, but it did rub the main gear when I got it. I stuck some spacers in between the main gear and the canopy and used a blow drier to heat it up so it would stay off the gear.

http://helidirect.com/fusuno-yellow-...00-p-25272.hdx
91awdTalon is offline Find More Posts by 91awdTalon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Don't get the Cx unit. Go with the zyx-s. I've used both and could never get the cx right. My first flight with zyx was great. Only like 15 or 20 more and it comes with several mounting pads and USB dongle
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:58 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Dont know if you guys use e-bay often. But damn it can be Torture..lol...I was bidding on an align 600mx motor. I had this thing nailed down for only $20 bucks going down to the last 10 seconds..Yes only 10 seconds i would have had a $100 motor for only 20 bucks..within that last 10 seconds i swear people came out of the woodwork and winning bid was $55. Lmao @ me thinking i owned the last 10 seconds as well..
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,374 Posts
Yup the wonders of proxy bidding mate.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Yup the wonders of proxy bidding mate.
LOl..Yea it can be Just as addicting as heli's..I have at times won some Nice heli electronics at a realy great price. Its just amazing that a price can sit still for 3 days And not move. Then at the last 10 seconds 7 people will show and bid out of nowher. Ruining What could have been an awsome buy..lol
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Yea that's usually how it works. If people continually bid on it over those several days it will end up at a higher price, so a good majority of people wait for the last 10 seconds like you said. In other news, got the limits sorted on my tail, so it has full movement now. My usual flying field was filled with people playing soccer so couldn't test it out unfortunately. Will go out in the morning and see.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,598 Posts
I just found that the align white plastic tail blades are causing a serious vibration. I put them on the blade balancer, the one for bigger main blades, and it says they are balanced. Has anyone had this problem, and how to fix it? I'll try the hk stock black plastic and see if that solves the problem, but i like the look of white tail blades.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:09 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,822 Posts
I wonder how many people bid on their own stuff. If it don't reach the right price they out bid it themselves. One of the rules on ebay is that you must have the item in your possession before putting up for bid. I already found Helidirect breaking this rule. I won some tail fins from them and next thing they were out of stock. Guess what my tail fins didn't show that they shipped until the day they got their shipment in.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
That's called shill bidding which is illegal
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction_sniping

Since 1995 or so?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:51 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,025 Posts
Went for a fly today and I have a small setup issue with my gyro which I hope someone can help me out with.

Flying in idle up and doing pitch pump or full punch outs the tail holds very solid. Doing FF I get no tail wags either. When I'm hovering inverted and go max neg pitch to flip out my tail kicks and does a piro flip which I couldnt even do if I tried.

At one point the tail lost it and I just manage to save the heli before hittin gthe ground.

Can anyone one give me any ideas .. could it be the gyro or is it me?
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
That's weird. Is ur negative pitch too high
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Eveltoy: I'm Not even going to try on this one. So your tail and gyro hold strong In all orientation except when inverted And flipping rite side up again ? I'm at a loss. But interested in the solution. Let us know.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Just got back from flying. Met a guy with this JR XG8 - 8 Channel DMSS 2.4GHz Radio . Super sleek looking radio. And modern looking.Its only $500. figure all i have to do is sell my dx7 And come up with another $350 bucks..ouch..I did not even think to ask the guy if the jr radios are compatiable with spektrum rx's ( was to busy drooling) ..Anybody here know ??
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Just got back from flying. Met a guy with this JR XG8 - 8 Channel DMSS 2.4GHz Radio . Super sleek looking radio. And modern looking.Its only $500. figure all i have to do is sell my dx7 And come up with another $350 bucks..ouch..I did not even think to ask the guy if the jr radios are compatiable with spektrum rx's ( was to busy drooling) ..Anybody here know ??
JR XG8 use DMSS and is not not compatibel with Spektrum DSM, DSM2 and DSMX. I am looking at new tx Futaba, 12FG
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017