HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Wasn't able to make any flight attempts this weekend. Should be able to get a flight in tomorrow if the weather cooperates. The next flight i'm gonna do more than just hover for the whole pack and we shall see if the bird holds together.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
Wilmington, N.C.
Joined Jan 2008
203 Posts
This morning I put pack # 5 through my 500 . Im super stoked at how smooth everything is . Ive been getting use to the higher head speed and sound of blades at speed.. I'm use to a b400. Im just doing easy hovers for now but I want to start sending it out there like I fly my 120 sr. I bang the snot out of the sticks when flying my 120 sr but I get all girl like when I spool up my 500.
darkseacret is offline Find More Posts by darkseacret
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
lol, wait till you spool up a 600. I was just looking at some pictures of a logo exxtreme 800. It had a huge line of helis with it at the end.Mcpx, MSR, Blade 400, Atom 500, Trex550, 6HV, Trex600, Logo600, Kasama Srimok, Logo 800 Xxtreme. The size difference between all of them is just ridiculous. That 800 logo is really over the top. Thing is gigantic. Wish they made a heli that size for a bit less than its 2500 kit price. I imagine it would be fairly exciting watching the blades spin up on that.Makes even the 600 seem like it was a 450 or something comparitively. On the same note, I wonder why the clone companies never clone anything besides align. Would love to see a gaui, outrage, compass, or logo clone. Heres the link if anyone wants to see the pic. http://www.helifreak.com/attachment....4&d=1337268233 Would love to see a vid of a mcpx hovering right next to the 800. All the downwash would probably push that mcpx all over the place though. On a different note, now that I got the 500 functional, prolly going to sell the mcpx as I haven't really flown it much lately anyways.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Last edited by stingeragents; Jul 15, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:03 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Hey fellas..I was trying to get my neighbor into the hobby, he was flying a blade 120sr..Next thing i know he picks up an align 500 esp..today out at a park he slams his 500 into thick grass ..Dude got realy upset and said he is washing his hands of it all ..Only thing he busted was canopy, Blades, ladnding gear...long story short I gave him a Benjamin for his wreck to ease his pain. ( he was just gonna throw it all in the trash ) any how I will now be selling off all the align electronics in it ect ..need anything let me know .
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Should have pointed him to Radds Too bad. Is he done with helis probably?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:32 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
I think so..I tried talking him down. Letting him know " we all crash" and its part of the hobby. Seriously I just dont think he has the temperment for it. For a sec I really thought he was going to kick it into a street..Dont know this for a fact. But i think he see's me with my helis and the way i fly And wanted to be part of that. And as we all know ther is a pecking order of working ones skills up. Not like we woke up one day and say " hey I think ill fly a 600" good guy but seems to get to angry to fast. whats that ya say eagle, ya need two servos ? lol
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:27 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Well so far guys the yep speed control has been working great with smooth response. It does have the blip in power on start up that I still blame on the high cog Leopard motor. I just let it blip and then go on to start up. I also from a previous post tested the power fail safe that works well. I have now put 10 full packs in. Three at over 100 degrees outside. It does get hot. I'm thinking of cutting the shrink wrap off the face and gluing a old computer heat sink to it.
I lift off and go into FF before the main rotor gets to 60% or so. It's kind of cool. I do that with the CC ESCs also. No wag or anything if I keep a scale like take off
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:37 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
I think so..I tried talking him down. Letting him know " we all crash" and its part of the hobby. Seriously I just dont think he has the temperment for it. For a sec I really thought he was going to kick it into a street..Dont know this for a fact. But i think he see's me with my helis and the way i fly And wanted to be part of that. And as we all know ther is a pecking order of working ones skills up. Not like we woke up one day and say " hey I think ill fly a 600" good guy but seems to get to angry to fast. whats that ya say eagle, ya need two servos ? lol
Well I don't need any more servos.. It seems like a nice heli; could you rebuild it for a few bux and re-sell it unless it is totally busted up. I mean, with my box of spare parts, it sounds like I would have it in the air in about two hours if the gyro is still good. I am building a Fun Cub and a glassed Nitroplanes P-51 right now, so don't need any more projects.

Don't know what to say about the guy, I have tried setting up and flying 450s for others, but it is hard. Nothing seems right until I spend 4 hours or so with it, and don't want to do that.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:13 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Or just keep it for spare parts. If the swash, tail and gyro is good, and head is mostly good, it was $100 well spent if you still fly 500s. You can change the 510s to MG for $22 or so each shipped, and are good for FBL.
Last edited by eagle777; Jul 16, 2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: If you got a nice RX and the tail servo is good...Well - Icing on the cake.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Odd but so far no bites on any of the electronics in classifieds..I have noticed in the past two months it does not seem like much is selling. this time last year on runryder I would get pm's within min....So im thinking i may just keep all the electronics And put them into a basic align 500e plastic w/belt...Kit is only like $200..( after looking over neighbors crashed heli the frame was worse then i thought ) Anyby here have or flown the align 500e ? like it ? Crazzzzy for me to go to a belt heli as much as i Dog em....lol..... Mhills you have one rite ? like it ? scale of 1-10 ?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:15 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,856 Posts
I just won 3 510's from ebay for $80
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:19 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
No way !! I saw some guy here was selling 3 510's for like 85. wonder if thats the same guy on ebay. Thats an awsome price.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,856 Posts
I found out I won after checking my mail on my tablet in Branson. I would of kept up on my rcgroups, but the only way the wifi worked at the hotel I had to stand in that hall with my left foot raised and leaning a little to the right.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:07 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
goto love that wifi in Hotels.. its free, but basicly not there! hahaha.

Top job on the buy. And here I am waiting for a week to past so scumpal can give me me money back in thier account. Looks like I'll be paying full price for 3x DS510s... Then again I buy new
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:23 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
HK 550 $123.64 flash sale

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23038

I...am tempted. I realize what I said before, but $125...I could have it outfitted for $400 total with decent servos.

I don't mind FB or belt. I have a half dozen 6s5000s. Should I not do this? Or go for it.