HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:11 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,070 Posts
Umm.. worst case would be the cell drops out stress's out the other cells to an extent that they catch on fire. I wouldnt risk something like that, but whatever floats your boat.

Also a hover will not be enough either.

PS.. if you do go ahead and test a suspect lipo like this... please video it for us
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:12 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
icharger 106B+ max discharge current limit is only 7A. I have icharge 208B and 3010B. 3010B can discharge current up to 30A while 208B only 20A. But you need to get several external high watt resistor to dissipate energy. i.e. using non-regenerative discharge.
I have yet to go down the path of external high watt resistor. I'm still only doing the basic regen which I'm happy with
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Umm.. worst case would be the cell drops out stress's out the other cells to an extent that they catch on fire. I wouldnt risk something like that, but whatever floats your boat.

Also a hover will not be enough either.

PS.. if you do go ahead and test a suspect lipo like this... please video it for us
It's not that dire...If you hover for a bit and the power drops, just land. Lipo cells won't change polarity and explode at the drop of a hat, even with a bad cell. 1P packs will not dump current into a bad cell either - they are in series.

Ok, well just put a 1A load on the pack and monitor your the cell voltages. If there is anything wrong, you will find it there.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
The new and upcoming mikado uvular ....Ait she purrty..Im digging these new fusalages ther coming out with.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
The new and upcoming mikado uvular ....Ait she purrty..Im digging these new fusalages ther coming out with.
seems like goblin. cool....
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
I'm actually not a huge fan of the way goblins look. Also think they are way over priced. I'm sure they are very good quality machines that fly well, but you can also fly a very cheap clone very well, or even align, or gaui, or numerous other quality brands that are a lot cheaper. IMHO. New battery came in today. Also ordered some LED light strips with it for one of my planes. Have never done night flying before but been real interested for a while now. I just so happened to remember about it when I was placing the battery order so picked up some of them as well. Looks like rain the whole weekend so not sure if I will get a flight on the heli or not.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Jul 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,130 Posts
This just kills me, Align tried all this with the fuses a few years ago and nobody wanted anything to do with them. The scale guys all screamed that it didn't look like a helicopter and the 3D guys all said it just make it heavier and harder to work on. Now that the goblin is out everyone wants theirs to look like it. You can still get the Align ones, but only for the 250's. They use to make them for only the 500's and 600's. Just now they are coming back for the 700
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
the problem was they didnt keep them in stock long enough till i learned how to fly . by the time i wanted one they were discontinued
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
the problem was they didnt keep them in stock long enough till i learned how to fly . by the time i wanted one they were discontinued
Do you try aligntrexstore. She has both size 250 and 700 in stock.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,010 Posts
the 250 is too small and i heard it was a tight fit . the 700 is way too big . its really for the 450 . the pro is so hard to hide wires , and most of the electronics are on the outside . i think i will finish up the one i was making for the 450 , i just need to go buy more resin .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:33 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
I've seen these fly at 3dmasters yesterday. Demo flight of 3 helies simultaneously.
Flies quiet compared to the other helies there and very smooth, also really fast.
It was stunning to see them loop around each other
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
I could understand how they would be very quiet. Being encased like they are. One would think electronics would get very hot. Would love to have one. But a ritch mans toy. No point in missing a mortgage payment or selling off half of my hanger for one. lol
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,130 Posts
Well so far guys the yep speed control has been working great with smooth response. It does have the blip in power on start up that I still blame on the high cog Leopard motor. I just let it blip and then go on to start up. I also from a previous post tested the power fail safe that works well. I have now put 10 full packs in. Three at over 100 degrees outside. It does get hot. I'm thinking of cutting the shrink wrap off the face and gluing a old computer heat sink to it.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:04 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
Those bodys like the Uvlar are popular in F3C due to the low drag and since most flight manouvers are done in forward flight. Makes it possible to do fly long and wide manouvers. I can understand that for 3D it is more of an extra weight than anything else.

But the Goblin is just one ugly looking duckling if you ask me..

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:19 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Soooo lucky

New canopy and new DS510 metal gears! Flew well for a few batteries.

It worked fine until I did one roll too many today. I thought the gyro had gone bad and it looked pretty dire for a couple seconds. It flew ok when I finally finished the roll and then landed normally. It turns out the battery had come off and pushed the canopy into the swash and grip arm bolts. My Velcro only battery attachment has worked for like 3/4 of a year. The 6S3000 is really hard to remove after each flight.

Pictured is my new battery strap. I do have battery straps on my 450s.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777