HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:23 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
I hate dealing with the insides of servos. The standard and mini size is not that bad, but micro servos are a pain to deal with. I replaced a cracked tgy930 top case, and had some problems with the pins finding the holes and gears staying in place.
You think that is bad, I had to manually reverse one of my walkera genius cp servos. At least all I had to do was touch the soldering iron to the wires to solder them.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
1000 days old.
popular heli...notice how small groups come and go over time in this thread. This last one is hanging strong..ha
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
I'm always off topic. New battery is ordered. Also got some led light strips. Been wanting to try plane night flight for a while now.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
So last night I Received all the upgraded electronics for this " last hk500 rebuild" I was Dialing in my quark gyro On some 1970's green shag carpet. And stripped out my t.t gear. Lil lesson ther, Dont dial in helis while on pain meds on shag carpet !!! This heli has always been the little red-head in my family. lol. ( no offense red heads ) When all said and done with this heli I will post some pics or vid of this heli in its scale glory form So i can move on to a guai x5.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
347 Posts
I need some suggestions. My HK500 is flying pretty good in normal mode and ID1. Going to ID2 leaves a bit of a tail wag. Got the 3X1000 gyro. Tail servo is a DS520 with the ball at 10mm.

Gyro gain on radio is set to 30 in Normal mode, and 22 in ID1. With 22 in ID2 it will wag as the headspeed is increased. Will going down to 7.5mm on the tail servo ball help?

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:59 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
drop the ball in to 7.5mm
You will lthen have to readjust your gain in norm & ID1.

what headspeed are you running?
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:19 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,498 Posts
Let me be the first to admit I am a moron! It seems there was nothing wrong with the CC. Today I took my 450 out that I had to set up a new model for the tarot gyro. I flipped it upside down and no power. Flipped it back broke the landing gear and a blade. I thought what could be wrong? I started going into all my programming. For anyone who has a Futaba it seems that you must initialize the idle up in throttle only. It will let you set it all up, but if you don't int. it won't switch. This has no effect on pitch just throttle. I had not set up a new model on the radio for over a year until the 500pro. I got to looking at that model and sure not initialized. At least it was my 450 that got the crash testing done. I feel like a dork. I also went in and set my 500e.

On a brighter note. I maddened the 500e (after fixing programming) it flew 100 perfect, didn't even need to adjust the tracking. Next took the 500pro up and what a beast with the idle up working it really is a speed demon. Rolled it up side down and hovered flawlessly. I am really happy with it now!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
Anyone have a good ebay vendor for 500esp parts? maybe gogorc?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:30 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,498 Posts
sfiheli is excellent. I just about got my whole 500pro from them. but you have to wait until they get more kits in to take apart.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mhills51; Jul 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
I go thru gogorc often..ther a good outfit..shipping is about 10 days
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
drop the ball in to 7.5mm
You will lthen have to readjust your gain in norm & ID1.

what headspeed are you running?
I don't have a tacho to measure the headspeed, so I don't know. Running a 1600KV on a 13 pinion on 6S, Throttle curve is set to 65, 67, 72, 77, 85 from mid stick and up/down in ID1 and 65, 69, 75, 81, 91 from mid to up/down in ID2. Not mutch of a difference but it makes a fair bit of difference when flying.

Will drop the ball to 7.5 and see if the rain will let up later today to get a flight.

- Thomas
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
If it radio allows u could just drop the gain a bit on id2. Seems easier to me but not all radios will do iy
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
If it radio allows u could just drop the gain a bit on id2. Seems easier to me but not all radios will do iy
Flying FG12 so I have separate gain settings for any mode.

I could of course just keep going down. Just seems that 20 or lower on gain is a bit too low. Anyway, I've moved the ball to 7.5mm and had a quick try earlier today when the rain stopped. I was able to increase the gain to 45 in normal mode. Left gain settings as is on ID1 and ID2 (22) , but will try to increase it once I can get time to fly again.

- Thomas
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
sfiheli is excellent. I just about got my whole 500pro from them. but you have to wait until they get more kits in to take apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
I go thru gogorc often..ther a good outfit..shipping is about 10 days
Excellent guys. Thx for the info.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:32 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,498 Posts
The pro is down and hard. This time not my fault. I flipped it sideways hovered upside down flipped it back and was so proud because I nailed it both directions without over steering. Just about to bring it back in and I kid you not the devil took control of the heli. It looked like someone was there just circling the control sticks. I don't know if my beastx just lost it or perhaps a servo got stuck, but it was not pretty. I finally just hit throttle hold and watched it fall from the sky like a goose getting shot. We powered it back up and all the servos seemed to work and the beast initialized????
RCG Plus Member