HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:02 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Oh heck..seeing how we are off topic of the hk. @ eagle...yes I'm really liking these align MX series of motors, so much so I have my align 500L up for sale, as well as align gyro so I can pick up another clear case quark. .....C'mon Evltoy..ya know ya wanna buy this second hand stuff..lol..( inside joke)
The 450MX runs much cooler than the 500L, for what that's worth. With the 450MX, I run 14T 2900-2950-3000 with mid-life batteries with a lot of cycles.
I wish the YEP had logging. Anyway, governor makes the 500 and 450 fly much more consistent? Kind of a luxury to see a FBL 450 with CC ESC spin up slowly and fly with governor.

Graph is second flight with ICE 50 RPM governor! Getting somewhere I guess.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:47 AM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Thats another reason i like the 500mx more so..Going into a scale build they breath much easier in a fuse. The 500L sure does get hot in scale.
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:52 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,325 Posts
As far as HK forum. Most seem to be 50 to 90% Align by the time we get them flying right and reliable. So is it a HK forum or Align? lol!! By the USA percentage for a car it's a Align forum.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:53 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,325 Posts
On the 500 pro almost everyone is using a flat 95, 100 curve or would that be straight. No gov.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Well mine has align tarot copterx and existing parts. It did have a chaos part too. Talk about a red headed step child. Got an email from ready helicopter saying the tail box is sold out. Gotta order it somewhere else now. Pro grips and fbl parts came in though
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:25 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,325 Posts
I had tarot blade grips and all the mixing arms, but after my last crash I just use HK grips. It's a cost thing for me they all get screwed in a crash it seems. Align Nylon grips $17, Tarot aluminum $18, HK aluminum $11 and just for grins Align aluminum $49.
Also the Tarot metal mixing arms have so much play. I could go and green loctite all the bearings and risk some flowing into them, but I really don't think it would hold anyway, there is just too much play. Just another reason to change to the FBL I guess.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,317 Posts
Hey guys. Quick question. Does your HK500 kit include the plastic servo nuts and self tapping screws for holding the servos to the frame?
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:45 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Hey guys. Quick question. Does your HK500 kit include the plastic servo nuts and self tapping screws for holding the servos to the frame?
I don't have mine any longer. It came with tapped metal backing plates and machine screws for the servo installation, similar to the HK600.

HTH
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
I don't have mine any longer. It came with tapped metal backing plates and machine screws for the servo installation, similar to the HK600.

HTH
Thx Paul.. I actually don't have an HK500 but bought a VWINRC 500ESP just to try something different and it's my first 500 build. However when I got it from the vendor it was missing the canopy and there was no hardware for attaching the servos to the frame so I just want to confirm if another clone would at least include something so basic. I'm starting to think that I should have just went with an HK500 or CopterX 500 and just buy the VWINRC head separately.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:08 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,325 Posts
That kit should be very good. I have seen it for sale without the canopy and blades. I would just get the plastic mounts. They are easier to put on and don't vibrate off. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=2450 but you will need screws as well. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=2436
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,394 Posts
That's the chance you take with clones mate. It happened to me recently, I bought a Keep 450 Pro. Probably the most god awful clone I ever built. poor screws, frame stiffeners missing, no servo mounting hardware, bearing spacer washers missing so the entire head was binding like nothing on earth. I got it somewhere near but it was truly awful. I ended up jumping on it and breaking the remains over my knee (not that I have anger management issues like ).
I ended up buying an Align 450 Pro and haven't looked back, it's absolutely superb out of the box and encourages me to be silly with it. I still believe there's a place for the clones though, I have one or two of them including the HK 600 in an MD500 fuselage (it has the necessary mods done), but the key is to be selective which clones we choose. Although people criticize the HK clones, with a little work they make excellent models. They certainly seem to have their share of followers here on RCG.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:16 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,325 Posts
I have the Keep 450 head and it came together 100% perfect. In fact it was so good I kept telling myself after the next crash I'll going FBL, but the little sucker just kept performing. All the screws were so hardened if one was stuck I rounded off my cheap Allen. One problem with the clones is consistency Mine was better than Align and yours was the worst piece of crap you've ever seen lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
That kit should be very good. I have seen it for sale without the canopy and blades. I would just get the plastic mounts. They are easier to put on and don't vibrate off. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=2450 but you will need screws as well. http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=2436
mhills,

Considering those are Align parts and I have work tomorrow I will stop by the good LHS in my area and pick them up. Just would have expected them to be in the box..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
That's the chance you take with clones mate. It happened to me recently, I bought a Keep 450 Pro. Probably the most god awful clone I ever built. poor screws, frame stiffeners missing, no servo mounting hardware, bearing spacer washers missing so the entire head was binding like nothing on earth. I got it somewhere near but it was truly awful. I ended up jumping on it and breaking the remains over my knee (not that I have anger management issues like ).
I ended up buying an Align 450 Pro and haven't looked back, it's absolutely superb out of the box and encourages me to be silly with it. I still believe there's a place for the clones though, I have one or two of them including the HK 600 in an MD500 fuselage (it has the necessary mods done), but the key is to be selective which clones we choose. Although people criticize the HK clones, with a little work they make excellent models. They certainly seem to have their share of followers here on RCG.
Totally agree. I take comfort in knowing that when I am ready to build something, everything is there in the box. I just hope this was just a simple mistake but if I have to really buy them then it would have been cheaper to go with another kit. Vendor is working with me to figure out what actually is missing. They already confirmed they will send the canopy but they just need to figure out what screw bag I am missing... When I grow up I will stop buying clones too..
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
When I grow up I will stop buying clones too..
Haven't you worked it out yet.................................Little boys never grow up, our toys just get more expensive!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Nov 2010
2,317 Posts
And I told myself 2 years ago when I got into helis I would never go bigger than a 450...