HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
no, the other tail case, where the grips are. But now that I think about it, I may end up needing that too. Haven't tried to test fit that belt gear yet. I was hoping I could just pop out the umbrella gear and its bearings and it will be fine , but now who knows. Guess I need to go check that part too, to see if the tt gearbox and belt gear box are compatible.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
k, good deal. I just compared the align tt metal case and the align belt metal case. Outwardly look simliar but the hole for the belt is definatelly way bigger than it is on the tt case. As well as the problem I mentioned. You can see the spot that holds the bearing sticks out farther on the TT case because it has the indentation
Looks like you have worked it out. Good pickup as I didnt know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
stinger....Is this what you need > ? hk500 gt "belt" transmission box ??
This is what I call the boom holder/trani box
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:31 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
no, the other tail case, where the grips are. But now that I think about it, I may end up needing that too. Haven't tried to test fit that belt gear yet. I was hoping I could just pop out the umbrella gear and its bearings and it will be fine , but now who knows. Guess I need to go check that part too, to see if the tt gearbox and belt gear box are compatible.
they are not..the hk500 gt belt has a larger "hole" ( lack of a better word) for the belt to go thru the T. box . Trying to figure out what all you need..lol..I have so much hk stuff here its silly..One should not drink rum and figure/ replys on heli forums .
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Looks like its a CMT belt tail case he needs
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:35 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
this ?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-H50073...item4ab7e202ee
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
lol...Lets start from the beginning. ( for my sake) ha ha ...are you going from T.T to belt stinger ? If so ya need em both
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:40 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Hmmm. so the Boom holder/trani case are different between the belt & TT?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Yes that's what I'm doing. And crap. Lol. Hey also don't drink beer and fly planes. Crashed into neighbors roof yesterday. And here I thought it would just be a simple tail shaft and tail gear switch, but apparently I need a new case and gear box...ughhhh. There goes me flying tomorrow
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
Hmmm. so the Boom holder/trani case are different between the belt & TT?
yes.. offset by a few mm in length And belt has a larger "hole"
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Well, after this new tail case, and the gear box, plus the stuff I just ordered and the order I got in last week, i'm up over $1000 in on this bird and have only got it in the air twice. FML. lol. doesn't even make sense to sell it after putting that much in. Might as well keep it forever.Think I'll get a real nice canopy and just put it on a shelf.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Yes that's what I'm doing. And crap. Lol. Hey also don't drink beer and fly planes. Crashed into neighbors roof yesterday. And here I thought it would just be a simple tail shaft and tail gear switch, but apparently I need a new case and gear box...ughhhh. There goes me flying tomorrow
Let me unload all my hk 500 stuff on ya stinger for a low low price of $25...Ill even throw in some mavrick hex drivers. and a canopy cover. Interested ill list out all that ther is .
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:51 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Well, after this new tail case, and the gear box, plus the stuff I just ordered and the order I got in last week, i'm up over $1000 in on this bird and have only got it in the air twice. FML. lol. doesn't even make sense to sell it after putting that much in. Might as well keep it forever.Think I'll get a real nice canopy and just put it on a shelf.
lol..O crap over 1k on an hk ? Makes one kick them self for not just getting somthing nice like a gaui from the get go eh..But hey dont feel bad..Im not far behind in hk $$$ "s ..lol
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
lol, I would but I hate HK parts. I only buy tarot, align, and copter x. Just looked at helidirect. I have spent 510 on parts and my fbl crap since april. And that is just at helidirect. Have spent at least 200 to ac-rc for tarot stuff, not to mention the couple things I got from copter x. Now lets add another 50 for the new tail stuff and hmm... is around 800 not including the price of the heli, servos, etc, so I'm actually over 1000. wow. that is scary. I could have bought 2 align 500's by now. And yes, i would have been much better off. A lot of it has been crashes or failures due to my own stupidity at the start, but yea..... It's still ridiculous. On the bright side I have like 2 spares of everything imaginable right now, minus the 2 things I actually need. I feel horrible now everytime I have to buy a new part. What if I buy these 2 tail things and still can't get it to fly. Then what, spend more money on the same thing, or sell it for a couple hundred bucks and have wasted 1000 for nothing. ARGGGGHH. Well, it has been my plan now since my last crash like a month and a half ago to go to belt and give it a shot, so I guess ill get the new tail case and gearbox, and see what happens. There's really nothing left to replace after that. The 2 main bearing blocks, and main gear case set with OWB are the only original "parts" from the HK kit. Everything else has been replaced. Well, the 2 frame sides, the battery holder, and the canopy bolts. Thats seriously all that lefts from the HK crap. WOW. For another 100 bucks I could have a completely align bird minus a few MISC pieces (main shaft and a few of the bearings). I need a drink......
Last edited by stingeragents; Jun 26, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Cant say how much I have spent to date, but its around $550-$650.

Only have one more replacement to do and that is some Align DS510's for cyclic.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,822 Posts
WOW , way too much money on the 500. My CHAOS700 was 900 when all said and done . You also went flybarless , right there you need more electronics .
My DFC450 would of crashed the first time up too. It wanted to pitch hard left , so I pitched hard right and took off. My flybar helis never did that and scraped the blades the first time up.
Once I got it figured out it flys really well , still am a bit weary of really pushing it like I would a flybar one
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo