SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:32 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
If yall wanna go reaaal off topic ill start talking about paludariums
Anything with Arrow poison frogs and Killfish in the same sentence is kind of interesting. I would use Venus fly-traps instead of orchids though. A Paludarium of death if you will.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:37 AM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Guys.. lets please keep to the topic.

Sorry now I had to say it.. hahahaha
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:50 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,661 Posts
what were we talking about again???
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:34 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
500gt + rjx + zyx

The 500 kit is basically the same as the 450, so hopefully it goes well. I'll post a build. Like a build, but with no explanations, except for file names.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
Lithuania
Joined Mar 2009
220 Posts
eagle looks sweet !!!!
DerClown is offline Find More Posts by DerClown
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
547 Posts
Let me know if your RJX grips are tight. I actually had to sand down the finish on my blades where they slide into the grips a bit. Otherwise they were so tight you could barely move them. Not sure if that is how all RJX heads are or just mine. Could have been my blades too I suppose...

I'm about to order a FBL head and another ZYX for my 450.
naryan is online now Find More Posts by naryan
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
Rotor Addict
Joined Dec 2008
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
Edit: Just finished it up. 100% ready to go now. Did have a small issue that I haven't taken care of yet. I moved all my servo balls in on the cyclic to 14.5 mm. (which equaled one hole in from where they were). Anyways, now at max negative pitch the aileron links are hitting the side of the servo case. I dont see how there is any way to fix this besides limiting my negative travel (sitting at roughly -12 right now), or moving the balls back out to where they were.

I ran into the same problem. I moved my balls back to the outer holes and it's been flying really well. I had some balls from my 450 that were in one of my parts boxes. They are much shorter, I tested one side out and they are short enough to clear the servo body. I decided I would use the short balls if it it didn't fly well at 16mm. It's flying great with lots of pitch.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
I get lots of pitch even at 14.5. +/- 15 until I lowered the pitch in gyro. My rjx is same way but I think its the blades. I found a different spot to fly the last time I went out but its behind an att place and they all park back there. Soon as the place closes I'm gonna go fly
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,077 Posts
HI all, I fly my HK500GT with a scale body particularly the XHeli MD530.

What would be the ideal throttle hold position during flight, 60% or blast it at 90%?

Thanks guys
Dongskie is offline Find More Posts by Dongskie
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:48 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan View Post
I ran into the same problem. I moved my balls back to the outer holes and it's been flying really well. I had some balls from my 450 that were in one of my parts boxes. They are much shorter, I tested one side out and they are short enough to clear the servo body. I decided I would use the short balls if it it didn't fly well at 16mm. It's flying great with lots of pitch.
I'm now confused.

In the manual doesnt it say the balls needed to be at 14.5mm? And one of the main reasons why stingeragents was getting the wobbles was because he had his balls in another location?

I might just sit this one out until we have a few helis with same setup with proven working outcomes.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:09 PM
KoOl BrEeZe
Joined Feb 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongskie View Post
HI all, I fly my HK500GT with a scale body particularly the XHeli MD530.

What would be the ideal throttle hold position during flight, 60% or blast it at 90%?

Thanks guys
Now thats an interesting question. I have always flown my scale helis in normal mode. Thinking my landings will be a bit softer for the scale fuse. And save the idle 1-2 for when i do loops and rolls with my pod & boom helis. You have me wondering now if i should change up my habit Just my opinion here but i would think 90% would be to much and unnecessary for a scale Helli. Again will be interesting when the pro's chime in .
LiQuid*Xion is offline Find More Posts by LiQuid*Xion
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
Rotor Addict
Joined Dec 2008
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
I'm now confused.

In the manual doesnt it say the balls needed to be at 14.5mm? And one of the main reasons why stingeragents was getting the wobbles was because he had his balls in another location?

I might just sit this one out until we have a few helis with same setup with proven working outcomes.
That is the recommended location. It's not a requirement though, it also depends on your overall geometry. The RJX head linkage arms are further away from the blade grips than the Tarot head. So if you have the balls at 14.5mm and an RJX head you will be getting less cyclic and collective movement for the same amount of servo movement as compared to the Tarot head.

I think anything about Stingers problems right now are purely speculative.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just fly
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Would the pitch range for a pod&boom be different to a fuse setup?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,661 Posts
I would think that when your flying a fuse, you would want it to look, sound, and feel like scale. So, the throttle should be some where that looks and sounds true to scale, and can still handel the load of the heli. You would also want the pitch range to be one that makes the heli move like the scale one. Fast pitch pumps with the fuse would look odd, as well as a super fast climb out. So, I would tame down the head speed and pitch range to make the heli move like the real thing, and still be controlable. I dont have a fuse for my 600 yet, the one that i want is not in stock anywhere, but thats how i'll set it up. Looking, sounding, and moveing around like the real thing.
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid*Xion View Post
Now thats an interesting question. I have always flown my scale helis in normal mode. Thinking my landings will be a bit softer for the scale fuse. And save the idle 1-2 for when i do loops and rolls with my pod & boom helis. You have me wondering now if i should change up my habit Just my opinion here but i would think 90% would be to much and unnecessary for a scale Helli. Again will be interesting when the pro's chime in .
Thanks for the idea. I used to fly in normal mode too but most flyers told me it wasn't a good idea because in cases of panic mode, most new pilots kill the throttle (i'm guilty of that) because they had a mindset that lowering the throttle will set the heli down.

Maybe I'll start off with 60%.

Thanks guys!

Btw here is my HK500GT and MD530.
Dongskie is offline Find More Posts by Dongskie