SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
gyro was attempted to be delivered today but missed it. Gotta go pick it up in the morning. if I don't have any setup issues should be able to get in the first flight fbl tomorrow
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
gyro was attempted to be delivered today but missed it. Gotta go pick it up in the morning. if I don't have any setup issues should be able to get in the first flight fbl tomorrow
Good luck mate, it seems like you've been waiting forever. Seems like it's about time something went your way with this heli.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Haha. Yea no good luck so far. Ordered the gyro on 5th
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
I have a 500GT I'd like to get more cycle response in pitch and roll.
So far, I've put the Align CF paddles on, and have 15mm arms on cyclic for 8 or 9 deg of pitch/roll.
Has anyone used a longer flybar or better paddles than the Align carbon fiber ones? I would like to keep my cheap main blades if that makes a difference.

Any other suggestions also. I am hoping a FBL head will make it more responsive, but won't install that on this heli for a couple months.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
If you heli is 90%+ Align.... Wouldnt you have been better off just buying an Align form day one?
My logic may be off, but say he bought an Align to begin with, he would have probably had the same accidents that caused the parts to be replaced. So why output $400+ for the Align then, have to put $200 in parts into it. Thats $600.

Start out with $250, and then put the $200 into it, only $450.

Thats like $150 saved for spares or parts...but thats just me.
broderp is offline Find More Posts by broderp
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Quck LIPO question:

I just got my Lipo from HobbyPartz.... fast shipping across the USA!

So what do I do with this thing? Charge it first? Discharge then charge it? Cycle it on my charger 3-5 times??? Use it as is until it needs a charge? It's my only battery at the moment. I need to get matching connector for my ESC before i can plug it it.

Also got my new DETRUM GY48V Gyro. Its not like the one on my heli, Its black, not red and it appears the Delay adjustment has been removed. The label is still there, but the opening is sealed. Is this Old or new stock or is mine just defective?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:41 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
Quck LIPO question:

So what do I do with this thing? Charge it first? Discharge then charge it? Cycle it on my charger 3-5 times??? Use it as is until it needs a charge? It's my only battery at the moment. I need to get matching connector for my ESC before i can plug it it.

Also got my new DETRUM GY48V Gyro. Its not like the one on my heli, Its black, not red and it appears the Delay adjustment has been removed. The label is still there, but the opening is sealed. Is this Old or new stock or is mine just defective?
I asked about the GY48V at xheli some months ago, and the red aluminum case is not made any more. I think I got one of the last ones when my next order had a black plastic case.
I don't know why the delay adjustment has a label on it. Maybe you could open it up and see if the adjustment potentiometer is in there. Just poke a hole in the label if so.
Or just poke a hole in the label and look inside.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Quote:
Quck LIPO question:

So what do I do with this thing? Charge it first? Discharge then charge it? Cycle it on my charger 3-5 times??? Use it as is until it needs a charge? It's my only battery at the moment.

The general rule of lipo's is to do easy discharges for the first 5-10 cycles and don't go below 50% capacity. Try to avoid ever going below 80% capacity or 3.7v per cell. After flying charge it back to a "storage" charge (~3.86v per cell) and leave it there until you need to charge it again. Charge it as close to when you are going to fly as possible. Avoid leaving it charged or discharged whenever you can. Slowly increase you flight times until your recharge is 2400mah max (80%).
naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Eagle. A longer fly bar will make the heli less responsive. Just increase ail and elev in ur swash mix. My heli is now fully back together minus the rx and fbl system
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:42 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Decided to invest in another 2 MG930s. One will replace the dodgy elevator servo and the other will be a spare.

I'll give it 3 strikes then they are all out.

Also bought the 1600Kv motor to replace the killer 1800kv motor.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:45 PM
Vero Beach, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
223 Posts
http://www.rcinthebox.com/tarot-500-...-_p148244.html

Just received the above Tarot 500 Mixing Arm and noted right away how much longer the ball link screw is than the GT 500, the mixing arm also is metal, nice.

While waiting for the above mixing arm order to arrive, I did a little shade tree mechanics to the existing plastic GT arm. I ground down lightly the screw (the head) from the landing gear so its head would fit inside the ball joint. Thus I was able to use the full mixing arm width of the hole to obtain a more solid ball link with the longer bolt. While the landing gear bolt might be of weaker metal, at least it won't pull out of the mixing arm, all's well thru seven flights.

I tighten three nuts on the end of the bolt, then used my vice grips to hold on to the nuts while turning the bolt head against my ginder wheel, once around and the head fits inside the ball link, make sure it spins inside the ball link, the bolt will go the width of the mixing arm, don;t lock it down, let it spin, but no free play, use CA. Cheers!
wattflyer is offline Find More Posts by wattflyer
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,745 Posts
I ordered these for mine after I already wasted $15 on just upper cheaper arms. They are very nice. I only put the bottoms on. Just couldn't see taking the whole thing apart just for the fancy look... Ok you know I will!
http://www.rcinthebox.com/tarot-500-...-_p148234.html
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I asked about the GY48V at xheli some months ago, and the red aluminum case is not made any more. I think I got one of the last ones when my next order had a black plastic case.
I don't know why the delay adjustment has a label on it. Maybe you could open it up and see if the adjustment potentiometer is in there. Just poke a hole in the label if so.
Or just poke a hole in the label and look inside.
So I have the newer version. I'll have to see about taking it apart. Maybe the new versions dont have delay adjustment or its done automatically?

Real stupid question, do the wires go facing in or facing out when mounting on the heli?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan View Post
The general rule of lipo's is to do easy discharges for the first 5-10 cycles and don't go below 50% capacity. Try to avoid ever going below 80% capacity or 3.7v per cell. After flying charge it back to a "storage" charge (~3.86v per cell) and leave it there until you need to charge it again. Charge it as close to when you are going to fly as possible. Avoid leaving it charged or discharged whenever you can. Slowly increase you flight times until your recharge is 2400mah max (80%).
Understood, thanks. I suppose the next question is ; Does it come charged full, and should i charge it or just use it as is, so long i d0nt go below 80%?

I finally opened up my charger, and am reading the manual, lol. More $%#@ to learn..... (I bought a THUNDER Dual Power AC680 charger.)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:32 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
Quote:
Understood, thanks. I suppose the next question is ; Does it come charged full, and should i charge it or just use it as is, so long i d0nt go below 80%?

I finally opened up my charger, and am reading the manual, lol. More $%#@ to learn..... (I bought a THUNDER Dual Power AC680 charger.)
Do you know what your 80% usage voltage and mAh out is?

You may want to do more reseach into this.... vist the charger - lipo section for more info.

No company will send a lipo at full charge.. this is where a lipo can do most damage. All companies usually and should be sending lipos at storage voltage... 3.85v per cell.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy