HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hemet, California
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Mar 2005
1,440 Posts
Looks like I will keep the 500GT...printing out the manual as I write this...I found an exp heli pro at our new hobby store in town and he's going to help set this up for me
kctrading is offline Find More Posts by kctrading
Last edited by kctrading; Apr 05, 2010 at 12:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2010, 05:00 AM
Australia, NSW, Merrylands
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
hk401b gyro setup

Guys,

I finally maidened my HK500GT on Thursday. It was very uneventful which was a good surprise. I have a JR PCM9x radio converted to 2.4G and have the 401b gyro. I have the HH\rate lead in ch5 (gear). Can I set up the gain using the on the gyro rather than through the transmitter? I am not sure how to set it through the tx as I have tried setting the throw limits on ch5 but this hasn't seemed to make any difference, hence wanting to set gain on the gyro itself.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Manstra is offline Find More Posts by Manstra
Old Apr 05, 2010, 07:27 AM
UK
Joined May 2008
242 Posts
No mate you have to do it on the tx. Just plug a spare servo into chan 5 and make sure it is moving as you adjust the throw limits, if it is then the signal must be going out the socket, so then it may be worth examining the plug and lead and solder connections inside the gyro.
wedgehog is offline Find More Posts by wedgehog
Old Apr 05, 2010, 06:06 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
Replace the flybar paddles, they are easily eroded by loctite, and are quite soft to begin with...

After thinking I'd removed all the loctite I may have dropped on it over the weekend, I came this morning to see ridges on the plastic, when scratching them off, I found myself scratching deeply into the paddle with only my fingernail!, the other paddle which had not had loctite was not much better. These are NOT FRN parts like the tail blades.
SlopeKing is offline Find More Posts by SlopeKing
Old Apr 05, 2010, 06:12 PM
Australia, NSW, Merrylands
Joined Jun 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgehog View Post
No mate you have to do it on the tx. Just plug a spare servo into chan 5 and make sure it is moving as you adjust the throw limits, if it is then the signal must be going out the socket, so then it may be worth examining the plug and lead and solder connections inside the gyro.
Thanks Wedge, I will give that a try.
Manstra is offline Find More Posts by Manstra
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:57 AM
Sussex, UK
Crawley, West Sussex, UK
Joined Jun 2004
7,373 Posts
Quote:
the LHS sold me a Hyperion (Scorpion) 3026-1400kv
What's the link between Hyperion and Scorpion?
RobinBennett is offline Find More Posts by RobinBennett
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:18 AM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBennett View Post
What's the link between Hyperion and Scorpion?
Apparently the motors are the same units (According to them anyway)
Old Apr 06, 2010, 07:49 AM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Ive had Hyperion and Scorpion as well. In my opinion they not only dont resemble each other but the performance and durability is heavily in Scorpions favor
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:48 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2002
816 Posts
re Hyperion vs Scorpion, a quick google brought up this amongst others: http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=189076
Old Apr 07, 2010, 08:14 AM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,081 Posts
I don't know where the original poster in the Helifreak thread got his info, but mfg. data states that both 3026-1400 motors have 10 magnet poles. The Hyperion HS3026-1400 does not have 12 mag poles as he states.

Both 3026-1400 motors have identical specs according to mfg. data. This is true for every single motor size and KV between the brands.
Hyperion also states that they are manufactured in cooperation with Scorpion. Scorpion states that they are not the same. I'd be more inclined to believe Hyperion's statement based on the specs for all motors being identical.

There could still definitely be differences in the motors like can design, balance, shaft material, and bearings that would make one more durable or smoother running than the other. But electrically, the two brands are the same.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Last edited by murdnunoc; Apr 07, 2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2010, 10:24 PM
Dragon68
Malaysia
Joined Dec 2008
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
The Fitec 9257D that is like $15 shipped from RC-fans88?

I tested this on a 450 this past week and it was crappy. The 450 was great with a JR290G but putting the Fitec on it, make it jitter and not hold well. It was as if the wipers on the pot were not holding down and vibes would make it move around or something. Maybe with a 500, it will be a different story.

Let us know how well it holds and what kind of flying you do with it.
Hi ... facing same issue with Fitec 9257D for my 450 with KDS 800 gyro. I tried set mode DS off performed better with digital on ..btw fitec 9257 analog version performed better than digital 9257D....
dragon68 is offline Find More Posts by dragon68
Old Apr 09, 2010, 10:56 AM
Joined May 2009
2 Posts
New stock arrived twelve hours ago. Canopies are now red.
wattnot is offline Find More Posts by wattnot
Old Apr 09, 2010, 10:59 AM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
266 Posts
Is the red canopy the only change?

I just got mine... would trade the yellow for the red

Assembly has begun.
JavaScript is offline Find More Posts by JavaScript
Old Apr 09, 2010, 11:44 AM
who needs pistons?
mankato,mn
Joined Oct 2004
669 Posts
and they're out.

looks like the head is all alloy now. i was hoping to order one this time around. i guess i'll just have to get on the backorder list. whoever sees one, post some info. hopefully they took some positive criticism and fixed the minor issues this round.
nopistons96 is offline Find More Posts by nopistons96
Old Apr 09, 2010, 12:20 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattnot View Post
New stock arrived twelve hours ago. Canopies are now red.
All gone now

I agree with jls, I like yellow better, easier to see.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic