SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Discussion
My experience with Banana Hobby

I have heard a lot of negative and positive about Banana Hobby so I finally decided to order my own F-22. I placed the order this morning at 09:20AM Pacific time and plan to post my results here. I received my conformation of my order about a minute after I had paid for the plane. So far so good.

Also I should mention that the on-line support was quick and helpful. (wanted to confirm that the item was in stock)
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2009, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Long Island ,NY
Joined Dec 2008
535 Posts
Ive ordered 2 airframe and one complete plane so far with no problem. Shipping is quick and the kits are nice. I think the customer service needs alot of work to help with problems. Also the speeds and run times arent even close on the video.
bhoges17 is offline Find More Posts by bhoges17
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:46 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoges17
Ive ordered 2 airframe and one complete plane so far with no problem. Shipping is quick and the kits are nice. I think the customer service needs alot of work to help with problems. Also the speeds and run times arent even close on the video.
I noticed that as well...plus I am not sure why they list rudders on their EDF's?? At most the F-22 is going to fly for 5-6 minutes...I think BH could use a couple of people to clean up the site and get rid of incorrect or mislabled items...just a thought.
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:27 AM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Update! While I didn't receive an e-mail update I went to the site and found this info:

Status: Manifest Pickup
Scheduled Delivery: Oct 16, 2009
Shipped To: CA, US
Shipped or Billed On: Oct 14, 2009
Tracking Number:
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 6.00 lbs
Signed by:

Package Process
Date Time Location Activity
Oct 14, 2009 12:53 AM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Should be to my door by Friday!! So far I am a happy shopper
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
Registered User
daurkin's Avatar
Castle Rock, CO
Joined Jul 2009
73 Posts
bighead93, Don't expect by Friday. Add about 5 business days. The Status : Manifest Pickup just means UPS got the pick up information. Keep in mind it takes about 3 business days for bananahobby to ship after the order is made, then there is the UPS pickup, then delivery time will be updated. Also the shipping summary seems to be updated one day later a change takes place on pick ups.

I'm only saying this based on my recent order that went smooth, but I was also throw off by the quick UPS deliver time issued just after placing the order. You benefit is that you're in Sacramento and it's shipped from SoCal.
daurkin is offline Find More Posts by daurkin
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:58 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daurkin
bighead93, Don't expect by Friday. Add about 5 business days. The Status : Manifest Pickup just means UPS got the pick up information. Keep in mind it takes about 3 business days for bananahobby to ship after the order is made, then there is the UPS pickup, then delivery time will be updated. Also the shipping summary seems to be updated one day later a change takes place on pick ups.

I'm only saying this based on my recent order that went smooth, but I was also throw off by the quick UPS deliver time issued just after placing the order. You benefit is that you're in Sacramento and it's shipped from SoCal.
Thanks for the info! Anytime I order and item and it is shipped UPS Ground it takes about 5-7 days. I will update as I get info.
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:23 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
Smokin_Joes's Avatar
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
I concur with daurkin.

I've bought a couple planes from BH.

First plane took 3 days for them to get it into UPS' system (got the tracking number assigned to me same day tho). So this delayed the stated scheduled delivery by 4 days.

Second plane took 4 days to get into UPS' system (got tracking number two days after online order placement).

7 days total (with 3 days true UPS ground in shipment days) for package #1
9 days total (with 3 days true UPS ground in shipment days) for package #2

I placed an order with them yesterday, received tracking number already (billing info received). Figure this will stay this way for 3-4 days.

Not as slow as some I've read- definitely not as fast as others.

I hate waiting. This is what I hate most about buying online- but for me things end up being worth the wait.

So give it 3-4 extra days, and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Neil
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:15 PM
Live to fly
bighead93's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes
I concur with daurkin.

I've bought a couple planes from BH.

First plane took 3 days for them to get it into UPS' system (got the tracking number assigned to me same day tho). So this delayed the stated scheduled delivery by 4 days.

Second plane took 4 days to get into UPS' system (got tracking number two days after online order placement).

7 days total (with 3 days true UPS ground in shipment days) for package #1
9 days total (with 3 days true UPS ground in shipment days) for package #2

I placed an order with them yesterday, received tracking number already (billing info received). Figure this will stay this way for 3-4 days.

Not as slow as some I've read- definitely not as fast as others.

I hate waiting. This is what I hate most about buying online- but for me things end up being worth the wait.

So give it 3-4 extra days, and you'll be fine.

Cheers,

Neil
Thanks for the input Neil!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:31 AM
What tree??.......Doh!!
Smokin_Joes's Avatar
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
Update! While I didn't receive an e-mail update I went to the site and found this info:

Status: Manifest Pickup
Scheduled Delivery: Oct 16, 2009
Shipped To: CA, US
Shipped or Billed On: Oct 14, 2009
Tracking Number:
Service Type: GROUND
Weight: 6.00 lbs
Signed by:

Package Process
Date Time Location Activity
Oct 14, 2009 12:53 AM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Should be to my door by Friday!! So far I am a happy shopper
So, has your status changed?

FWIW,
My order was placed on 10.13.09
Oct 14, 2009 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Scheduled Delivery Oct 19, 2009

Since status hasn't changed and by my previous experience, my actual delivery date will probably be delayed at the earliest Oct 21, 2009. Probably Oct 22, 2009.

Sorry: not trying to hijack- just sharing info. Once I see my parts moving in UPS's system, I'll be content.
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:19 AM
What tree??.......Doh!!
Smokin_Joes's Avatar
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
just to update:

(as previously mentioned):

My order was placed on 10.13.09
Oct 14, 2009 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Scheduled Delivery (is now blank) but originally stated Oct 19, 2009.

Today is Oct 20, 2009.

....Sigh....
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:34 AM
Registered User
niioto's Avatar
Joined Sep 2009
85 Posts
I know how you feel

...sigh...sigh...sigh
niioto is offline Find More Posts by niioto
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:19 PM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes
just to update:

(as previously mentioned):

My order was placed on 10.13.09
Oct 14, 2009 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Scheduled Delivery (is now blank) but originally stated Oct 19, 2009.

Today is Oct 20, 2009.

....Sigh....
What do you want to bet....this will be UPS's goof up......yeah right....lol
Brner is online now Find More Posts by Brner
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2009
148 Posts
Yea they can always fall back on the carrier.. maybe thats why they dont change to someone else...... hope you guys get it soon its tough when you pay for a product and then stuff like this happens..
louisiana boy is offline Find More Posts by louisiana boy
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2009
52 Posts
My wingtiger is suppose to be here tomorrow (21st) Mine just says manifest pickup as well, has since I ordered it on the 14th. UPS is usually right on with this, we shall see.
RollTide88 is offline Find More Posts by RollTide88
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:14 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
Smokin_Joes's Avatar
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
743 Posts
I talked to Stella yesterday via online chat. She said they weren't able to get to the parts orders last week but "it should be out tomorrow."

Nevertheless, my UPS status has finally changed!

Status now says "PICKUP SCAN"

Rescheduled Delivery Date: 10/23/2009

I'm gonna take what she said as an honest answer and go from there.
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yippee! My experience with Allerc and Stevens Aeromodel. psycho_klown66 Vendor Talk 3 Oct 01, 2007 07:03 PM
Alert My Experience with PHA-01- BE WARNED! Willard Micro Helis 96 Jan 04, 2005 11:49 PM
My experience with GWS planes w PICS steve ypsi mi GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 3 Sep 10, 2004 02:04 PM
The story of my experience with Northeast Sailplanes (thread title edited by request surfimp Vendor Talk 52 Jun 05, 2004 02:26 AM
My experience with Orbit of Germany... MaxFx Vendor Talk 0 Jul 22, 2001 01:46 AM