HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:05 AM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Discussion
Prop selection

Hey guys just need a question cleared up. I have a Easystar and am going brushless.

Do i need to buy a Pusher prop? I see alot of guys run APC 6x4 but they never say if they run pusher specific props or not.

What throws me off is Multiplex puts out a power pack kit for the easystar and minimag.

The Minimag is a puller set up and the Easystar is a pusher set up. Yet you only get one prop with the powerpack which is supposed to be universal for both i guess.

Please clear up my prop issue

Much appreciated later...
Dannyrevs is offline Find More Posts by Dannyrevs
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:55 PM
Freedom Isn't Free
SE Okla
Joined Mar 2006
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyrevs
Hey guys just need a question cleared up. I have a Easystar and am going brushless.

Do i need to buy a Pusher prop? I see alot of guys run APC 6x4 but they never say if they run pusher specific props or not.

What throws me off is Multiplex puts out a power pack kit for the easystar and minimag.

The Minimag is a puller set up and the Easystar is a pusher set up. Yet you only get one prop with the powerpack which is supposed to be universal for both i guess.

Please clear up my prop issue

Much appreciated later...
Pusher props are not required. Prop numbers face forward.
Warningshot is offline Find More Posts by Warningshot
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
Peoria, IL
Joined Aug 2008
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warningshot
Pusher props are not required. Prop numbers face forward.
That's right! Make sure it spins the right direction too With brushless you can easily change the direction by swapping any of motor 2 leads.
Carlson77 is offline Find More Posts by Carlson77
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:17 PM
Build it, don't buy it
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Apr 2008
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warningshot
Prop numbers face forward.
Almost always.

Pusher props are generally only needed when a motor turns only one direction such as a IC engine or a brushed, timed motor, and also when one wants counter rotating twins.
Brushless motors don't really care which direction they turn, thus no need for a pusher. Just mount the prop with the same side facing forward as it would were it a tractor. In most cases this will be with the prop number forward, but not always as it is not a universal standard to label them this way.

foam.
foamnpacktape is offline Find More Posts by foamnpacktape
Old Oct 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
FYI, APC props have the numbers facing FORWARD (non pushers).

Also, the prop included with the power pack is total crap. The APC 5x5 isn't very effecient, and an APC 5x4 or 6x4 would outperform it

Also, go with an APC 6x4E for your easy star
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:32 PM
Pile it in!
Kalamazoo Mi
Joined Sep 2009
366 Posts
Well i got the power pack and ive been using the 5x5 that came with it. I am now going to try to experiment with new props now that i have bought a watt meter.
Dannyrevs is offline Find More Posts by Dannyrevs