HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2011, 04:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
Today checked again the accurate of the rcspeedo sofeware. On board Garmin GPS logged with max speed 185km/h. The video file scan by the rcspeedo reported max speed is 157.4km/h. I trust the reading of the GPS. So may be 15% discrepancy of the software.
Andyng is offline Find More Posts by Andyng
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:12 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,916 Posts
Hi Andyng,
The doppler should be accurate if the outside air temperature is put in. The HTG/FF retracts are certainly well priced now. I paid more than double today going prices. They are the easiest option as they bolt right in with no extra work.
Cheers Eric
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:19 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
580 Posts
EPF DSR 46C landing gear for F100 FLYFLY

Hello !
Setting up the main landing gear - it is the EPF DSR 46C - The landing gear will weigh about 270 grams with wooden supports and the electronic box - the weight will reduce the shock of about 5 mm and the height will be near to 155 mm - Some views of a stabilizing fiber and work begins for the wings -

MADISONMaster
MADISONMaster is offline Find More Posts by MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Jul 24, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
She's just about done now, just got a bit of paint customising to do and the canopy and I'll maiden. The afterburner looks pretty cool I think next time I use them I'll swap some of the stock LED's for blue and orange so there's more of a bit of a mix.

I did some mods below in the pics below. Relocated ESC and now wires will be approx same length on each side. For the elevator stabs I cut a slot and used flat carbon on one side and the stock ply fillers for the other, this way the L shaped hinge doesn't push straight onto the foam, the load is now spread much more. I also cut away foam on the inner edge and replaced it with ply which makes the hinge joint and overall stab ALOT stronger.
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Last edited by jbc; Jul 21, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 07:35 PM
Joined Sep 2006
3 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone used/installed RCLander retracts in the FlyFly F-100? I'm having a real problem with the nose gear and steering servo and Robert at Electric Jet Factory
is no help. I am in immediate need of assistance, so a reply or email to me at
thudguy@dslextreme.com would be much appreciated.
thudguy is offline Find More Posts by thudguy
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:03 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Finshed yay!

Have finally got her done and as Murphy would have it the weather turn crap Should be nice and clear by wednesday so fingers crossed for a successful maiden then I fabricated up some hardpoints added some sidewinders and a nosecone from PFP, added a little custom paint and went with this cockpit from HK however for some reason the one in the pic is white and the one I received was black and also added 2 of these pilots also from HK. I know there's a nice canopy/cockpit from PFP but it also needs alot of work with paint etc to get it looking good and I'm a bit lazy like that

Even with the relocated ESC forward of the motor the CG with my 5S 4000 30C pushed all the way back ended up at the rec stock location of 265mm from LE. I have a 50g lead weight to shove up the tail if I need to to bring it back to 280mm. AUW came out at 3.45kg.

If you notice I cleaned up the cheater hole using some depron. Yes it's now smaller but it eliminates the turbulent air coming over the nosegear. Even with it closed down, the intake + cheater is still 100% of the FSA so dynamic thrust won't be affected, (thrust tube is is around 85%-90%) I tested the static thrust and it's around 2.4kg (fan alone was 2.7kg on the thrust stand) which is plenty for take off.
I never expected or aimed for great speed with this bad boy cos of it's big draggy airframe hence the reason for leaving on all the ordnance plus adding the sidewinders....if she's gonna be slow atleast she'll look tough doing it
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:14 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Have finally got her done and as Murphy would have it the weather turn crap ....
I never expected or aimed for great speed with this bad boy cos of it's big draggy airframe hence the reason for leaving on all the ordnance plus adding the sidewinders....if she's gonna be slow atleast she'll look tough doing it
nice!
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:31 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,916 Posts
Looking good JBC!
You might be surprised how much the ordinance and tanks will slow you down. I have a few with similar removable stores and flight times get shortened quite a bit as you will be needing more power to stay airborne. Let us know how the cheater hole mod works out. Others have had to enlarge it to make gains in thrust.
Cheers Eric
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:00 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Thanks Eric, I think static thrust might have actually improved or atleast stayed the same with my mod being the fact that I've only lost around 300g of thrust from having it setup out of the plane VS fan alone on the thrust stand. That 300g drop would be more attributed to the (85%-90% FSA) thrust tube than intake but trade off is the increase in efflux velocity.
All you're doing by increasing the cheater hole size from stock is cleaning up the airlfow slightly in turn speeding it up. A smaller cleaner intake will flow as much dirty bigger one, either way I've still kept the intake equal to or slightly more than the FSA so it should be fine.
Imagine sticking your hand right in front of the intake, that what's having the nosegear in the cheater hole is doing. If you can bypass it (what I did) it effectively removes the obstruction.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 03:36 AM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,371 Posts
You might want to read up on NACA scoops and relate that to the cheater hole. They are supposed to provide a low drag air source.
twang is offline Find More Posts by twang
Old Jul 24, 2011, 06:35 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,043 Posts
JBC nice work. Have a great maiden
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:21 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
thanks guy but unfortunately i had a bit of an accident lastnight with a minifan and spent the night in the er at the hospital... lets just say i wont be flying, building and will be a lefty for a while i'll try post some pics soon....damn hard typing single/left handed
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:32 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
That sucks! Get well soon. I stuck my finger in a prop 15 years ago (OS .61) and lost two parts of my pinkey. It hurt but trust me, you will heal...
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:44 PM
Joined Sep 2006
3 Posts
Hi Boomer,
I was a Hun Jock back when. Maybe we met in passing (gas?) Did you sell your F-100
as indicated many pages back? I'm finishing mine as soon as I get the proper retracts,
but could always use a spare. Are you still TDY at Altus? Let me know.
thudguy is offline Find More Posts by thudguy
Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:50 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
I started "passing gas" for a paycheck in 1990. I am sure all the -100s were gone by then. I am actually an instructor, stationed here at Altus.

I never sold the jet, rather I contacted Callie Graphics and had a set of Thunderbird decals made for it. Stripped it all down, converted it to a single seater, and rebuilt it. Its still flying to this day (and flying well)...

kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer