HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2010, 05:28 PM
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Joined Jan 2000
2,419 Posts
Yup, those super UGLY panel lines that FlyFly dumps on us. I filled them with spackle on my Sabre but opted not to on the Hun. Wish I had filled them. Painting with all those deep grooves is a pain, and I suspect that when I get to the decals they'll be a real PITA. If you still have the option, I'd fill them with light spackle. It's easy to do, get it wet and just smear it on with your hand. The surplus sands off readily with a damp sponge sanding block. Tex.
Sabrejock is offline Find More Posts by Sabrejock
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2010, 09:13 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
What engine and ESP from hobbyking do you redommand for this model?
Lars N is offline Find More Posts by Lars N
Old Dec 08, 2010, 06:30 PM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Q!

OK , spent the last day or so fitting the fuselage sides and making sure that everything is just right for the join, mix up some slow cure epoxy, get all the parts ready and start spreading the epoxy . You guessed it , the damn stuff starts to kick before I'm done had to finish off the after section with medium CA ,,,working fast !

I installed a door for the receiver in the back of the battery bay onto the duct and put a solid piece where the front gear was for a catapult hook , also reinforced the front to back fuselage joint ( it looked like a point that wanted to break) I plan on installing the fan and going for a full power run up tomorrow.

Earl
Duke58 is offline Find More Posts by Duke58
Old Dec 08, 2010, 07:38 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke58 View Post
mix up some slow cure epoxy
Hi!

I am using on large surfaces and did use on the F100 Mitopur glue. Mitopur is a one component, moisture curing PU (polyurethane) adhesive. You just spread it on one surface, stick it together and watch how it cures.
And it is very cheap, a bottle of 500ml is only 10€.
Pisaneli is offline Find More Posts by Pisaneli
Old Dec 08, 2010, 09:26 PM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli View Post
Hi!

I am using on large surfaces and did use on the F100 Mitopur glue. Mitopur is a one component, moisture curing PU (polyurethane) adhesive. You just spread it on one surface, stick it together and watch how it cures.
And it is very cheap, a bottle of 500ml is only 10€.
That sounds like something we have here , the glue foams up and expands , right ? I like it but you can not control how it expands , I used some of it to fill where I replaced the gear holes with blocks of foam. You no doubt have products that we here in the " Peoples Republic of California " will never see

Earl
Old Dec 08, 2010, 10:56 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,252 Posts
Quote:
You no doubt have products that we here in the " Peoples Republic of California " will never see

Earl
LOL!
Sorry, just thought that a bit hilarious
AceMigKiller is offline Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Dec 09, 2010, 05:57 AM
Winnipeg, MB Canada
Joined Jan 2000
2,419 Posts
....."the damn stuff starts to kick before I'm done ".....

Sounds like you mixed it in a pot or mixing cup. That starts to heat and will cure at a much faster rate. I use a flat surace when mixing epoxy leaving it in a big puddle and it won't heat like that. If you use a mixing cup for large quantities have something cold to sit it in like ice water. Tex.
Sabrejock is offline Find More Posts by Sabrejock
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:08 AM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
That sounds like something we have here , the glue foams up and expands , right ? I like it but you can not control how it expands , I used some of it to fill where I replaced the gear holes with blocks of foam. You no doubt have products that we here in the " Peoples Republic of California " will never see

Earl
Yeah, that's the one. I used it almost everywhere. It is great for repairing and bonds almost everything. I just have to wipe the excess when the glue cures. I glued all large surfaces on F100.
This works both ways. I bet you have products we will never see.
Pisaneli is offline Find More Posts by Pisaneli
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:50 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars N View Post
What engine and ESP from hobbyking do you redommand for this model?
The Turnigy 36-56 here 1200KV motor with the 7 blade haoye in the kit with the HK 8s ESC here (best 15 dollars I've spent) gives me these numbers.

64oz thrust on 6s 40 amps
72oz thrust on 7s 52 amps
92oz thrust on 8s 63 amps

I like this set up because you can fly this thing off a 2200 mah 6s or 2 small 3s 2200's in parallel all to 8s if you want.

On 8s the motor stays cool but I'd still use a heat sink, I don't trust ANYONES inrunner heat distribution

I flew mine off the 6s2200 battery yesterday but with a sickle rotor which gave a little less thrust than the Hoaye but only 32 amps vs 40 and it still flew with good authority. Didn't have to nurse it up and flight time was good I can see around same flight times with the Haoye fan but flying even faster.

I did the 2 inch cheater hole mod and it seems to wake it up a lilttle
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:42 PM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Got the wing mounted today and run up the fan for a few minutes, looks like I'm getting about 1100-1200 watts at close to 80amps, that's with lead wire running all over the table through my watt meter , it sounds better hooked up direct. The Wemo fan sounds like a better way to go , I'll have to see how it flies first. With a little rigging and a canopy it could get airborne Sunday. I'll get it on the scale in the morning . ,,,,,,,,,,,,Drop Tanks or Slick???

Earl

btw Tex , I did exactly that, and yes , I do know better
Old Dec 09, 2010, 09:38 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,139 Posts
Looking good! I'd fly it slick first then add tanks and see if you can accept the performance reduction. It looks great with the add on tanks, etc, though.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2010, 01:30 PM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Don't need no stinken cheater hole!!

A little tape and some spackle.............it could work!!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:03 PM
dccdmd
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2008
169 Posts
F-100 video

Here's a quick video I made today at Miramar with my snazzy quarter-sized camera taped to my hat... Planning to remove the bombs for some better speed...In this video, I'm not flying WOT but for a few seconds on a 6S 4900mAh lipo. Flight was about 3 1/2 minutes but used only half the packs' capacity...

F100 at Miramar (3 min 28 sec)
dccdmd is offline Find More Posts by dccdmd
Last edited by dccdmd; Dec 11, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:52 AM
B-17 freak
NE Italy near Aviano AB
Joined Jan 2004
657 Posts
Great model, whilst not a speed demon she flies very scale & doesn't seem to be struggling to stay up!
Vic Arcudi is offline Find More Posts by Vic Arcudi
Old Feb 13, 2011, 07:44 AM
Airshow Joe
N.W. Detroit Suburbs
Joined Feb 2009
315 Posts
I have recently acquired one of these kits and would like to know what your I should be using for the EPO version. Any thoughts?
rccrazee is offline Find More Posts by rccrazee