Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:05 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,183 Posts
Markus,

Wie geht's? Your Super Sabre looks great. I love the blue afterburner effect!

MfG,

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:31 PM
she`ll be apples mate
Germany/Bavaria
Joined Dec 2007
95 Posts
Hallo Pet,
vielen Dank , mir geht es gut, hoffe Dir auch..
Maybe this weekend I try the maiden flight, has had anybody any problems ,flying with the jet.

Markus
Zyklotron is offline Find More Posts by Zyklotron
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:05 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353 View Post
I like the fact that fly fly have produced the F-100 but its not what i would have most wanted to have seen from fly fly. maybe we need a thread for everything we want to see from fly fly. My vote is a huge F-18
Another F-18? Just what the saturated F-18 market needs! I would say go for the F-105, now that would be cool! About 67" long, man that would save me some work, I'd have a blast with that one.

Markus, great job on the lights and AB effect, looks cool.

I want to plug High End RC, I ordered my new HET fans and adapters on the 22nd and they are already in the states and on there way to my house! I sent EJF a message to ask about the fans and they never responded, last order from them took a month to get to my house. It’s a shame I have to go to Hong Kong to get decent customer service.

Started on the weathering, I first got a good permanent marker from Hobby Lobby with a very fine tip, drew on the panel lines. Next I mixed some black with my light gray belly paint and using electrical tape, masked off the panel lines and very subtly highlighted them. I see all you fighter jocks turning the Hun into a single seater, well how many of you got guns?
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus
Old Mar 25, 2010, 05:14 PM
Mil-Spec
United States, CA, Los Alamitos
Joined Mar 2008
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyklotron View Post
Hi,
now I got it nearly complete.
A picture of the leds.

The weight is 3750g with 6s 3700mAh

Markus
Zyk, did you install landing and taxi lights also? If so where did you put them? I have them for mine but I'm not sure where I will put the landing lights. The full scale HUN has retractible lights somewhere on the belly near the wing LE.

Nice job!
mcgoughman is offline Find More Posts by mcgoughman
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:03 AM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,942 Posts
I second the weasel Dio but the intakes were small so it would likely need a pretty serious cheater.

Ya know, with what you have done with this plane, calling it a foamy would be downright insulting! We need a new nomenclature! Your plane is monocoque construction with a foam base
MYC is offline Find More Posts by MYC
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:28 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYC View Post
I second the weasel Dio but the intakes were small so it would likely need a pretty serious cheater.

Ya know, with what you have done with this plane, calling it a foamy would be downright insulting! We need a new nomenclature! Your plane is monocoque construction with a foam base
Thanks man, appreciate it. I've thought a lot about the F-105, and it has been done by Century Jet and several other scratch builds. Look at the intake on the F-100 here, it is very small, the F-105 has two intakes, and all you would have to do is enlarge them slightly. Look at the picture of the CJ F-105, no cheater hole and slightly larger intakes. Then I'll post a picture of a very large foamy F-105!

Now back to the F-100!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
Joined Sep 2005
181 Posts
Dionysus, That Hun neds a tail hook and it would be perfect. It would be very easy to do. Just a flat bar from just behind the main gear wheel well to the tail with a small hook on the end of it. Of course that would add more drag and make it slower. Nice job on your Hun. You are a real craftsman. You are absolutely right in that the "F" model had just 2 guns while the "D" model had 4. I crewed C's and D's for about 12 years. I thought it was a great jet. You either loved em or hated em, I loved em. The sound of that hard AB lite was something to listen to.
Woody
n1832y is online now Find More Posts by n1832y
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1832y View Post
Dionysus, That Hun neds a tail hook and it would be perfect. It would be very easy to do. Just a flat bar from just behind the main gear wheel well to the tail with a small hook on the end of it. Of course that would add more drag and make it slower. Nice job on your Hun. You are a real craftsman. You are absolutely right in that the "F" model had just 2 guns while the "D" model had 4. I crewed C's and D's for about 12 years. I thought it was a great jet. You either loved em or hated em, I loved em. The sound of that hard AB lite was something to listen to.
Woody
Thanks Woody, I was wondering if anyone would notice the lack of a tail hook. I have a kind of Obsessive-compulsive personality, if something is not balanced, does not look right or is not straight it bothers me! The Hun had a tail hook that was crooked to one side, and it bugs me! Also with any scale project you have to stop some time, although the tail hook would be easy, I don’t know!

What exactly was your affiliation with the Hun again? By crew, do you mean you were a crew chief, pilot or something else? I’m happy you approve of my very large chunk of sweet foam!

I added the little red light to the top several inches behind the cockpit and painted the tail pipe with some rust and black.

Markus, what light kit do you have?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2005
181 Posts
I was a crew chief. I could(and probably should) write a book about crewing the Hun in the old days. Write it about pilots and crew chiefs both. If every pilot and airplane mechanic would buy the book I would be a millionaire. Ha! Ha! With a good crew of four people you could pull an aft section and engine in less than an hour. Lot's of times it took longer to locate the aft section and engine dollies than it took to pull the engine. Those were the days. I got three rides in the "F" models. What a blast.
Woody
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:28 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1832y View Post
I was a crew chief. I could(and probably should) write a book about crewing the Hun in the old days. Write it about pilots and crew chiefs both. If every pilot and airplane mechanic would buy the book I would be a millionaire. Ha! Ha! With a good crew of four people you could pull an aft section and engine in less than an hour. Lot's of times it took longer to locate the aft section and engine dollies than it took to pull the engine. Those were the days. I got three rides in the "F" models. What a blast.
Woody
Cool Woody, love to read some of the stories, I’m very sentimental about old aircraft, they are more than just machines to me. Here are some good pictures to remind you of the old girl!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:50 AM
Joined Sep 2005
181 Posts
The 1st picture of the flightline with McDonnell Aircraft in the background is a picture of the flightline of the 131st TFW. That is the Air Guard unit I worked for and was a member of for 32 years. I have a ton of old pictures if I could just figure out a way of getting them on the computer. It is interesting to note that several of our planes were transfered to Turkey and the rest went to DM and then transfered up to Phoenix and went into the drone program. We were TDY to Tyndall AFB with our F-15's in the early 1990's and they were still flying some of our old F-100's in the drone program at Tyndall. In fact, they still had the Missouri Mule decal on the left side.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:13 AM
Lookout For The!Radio Silence.
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Nov 2007
5,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyklotron View Post
Hi,
now I got it nearly complete.
A picture of the leds.

The weight is 3750g with 6s 3700mAh

Markus
Very nice!
wingspan100 is offline Find More Posts by wingspan100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I really like this video:
Old Mar 27, 2010, 02:06 PM
she`ll be apples mate
Germany/Bavaria
Joined Dec 2007
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoughman View Post
Zyk, did you install landing and taxi lights also? If so where did you put them? I have them for mine but I'm not sure where I will put the landing lights. The full scale HUN has retractible lights somewhere on the belly near the wing LE.

Nice job!
Hi,
Iam not realy the full scale dud,that is more my brother, he has also a F-100 but full scale.
Well I have white leds on the tips of the wings toward the front, and red and green ledsflashing to the sides ,
red flashing behind the cockpit, white flashing on the aft of the side rudder, and the landing lights I have on the front strut.

Markus
Zyklotron is offline Find More Posts by Zyklotron
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
570 Posts
Some final questions before the big day, I may fly this thing this coming weekend! Anyone think I should bring a video camera? If you ask my son may video the flight, but he does not like to go flying with me.

First a plug, then some observations and then my question. Also I want to thank those that encouraged me and offered advice on my project, my first EDF! Thanks!

I want to say thank you to High-End RC for such great service, I had my new HET fans in my hands from Hong Kong on the morning of the 6th day, no US EDF dealer that I tried even comes close to the extraordinarily above and beyond customer service, any I tried take at least a month and won't evend answer my questions now. I have thousands I want to spend on this hobby and it’s going directly to China from now on.

When I got the HET 9305 fans I could see the quality difference, and they were balanced already. I did notice that the stock Fly Fly housing is somewhat flexible and can be pinched very easily and cause the fan to rub if one is not very careful. I had to sand a lot of the inside of the housing to get the fan to fit without rubbing.

Now the question, what is the procedure for tightening the fan to the motor? I worry about it coming loose or something. Is it as simple as just tightening it, or do I have to apply lock tight or something?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:04 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,587 Posts
Yes you MUST get video! If I was closer I would do it for you!
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT