HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2010, 06:08 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Good to see were both on the same page Joe! So you know what I need then, I have the need for speed.LOL

You know what! Im just going to stick to my Turbines and cancel the whole order. I thought that for a few bucks Id be able to get a foam jet of a decent size for very litle money. If the entire thing cost me $600 to do a meisly 120mph I be OK with that. But your right. Its the wrong AC to do it with. I have a JetCat Titan just waiting to go into the FEJ F-100 they just released 6 months ago. Now that should be enough power to push it to about 180 Id say. Now if i could just get some full time work.

Trev
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2010, 06:20 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,342 Posts
Put that setup you have in a fast airframe,and you can get all the speed you want.Turbins are cool,but they require alot more support,and not many areas to fly them at.I enjoy our club and the people that fly there too much to leave it just to fly a real jet engine.
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
LOL, he cancelled the Fly Fly Mirage for the F-100. Come on Trevor you will like it and you will be faster then my F-86 so that will make you feel better.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Feb 24, 2010, 07:21 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Yes! Turbines do require more support and wide open places, But NOTHING in the RC world compares to it. if I had to give up all other types of RC just to fly a Turbine Id do it with out any hesitation. I have many freinds at the the Turbine fields aswell.

Getting back to the topic. The idea behind the 90mm EDF was to have a plane that would perform ok and I could just toss in the truck and fly at my local feild during the weekdays. I just LOVE the F-100D and had to have it. Now given the chance to build this model as I choose, Why wouldnt I try to get as much out of it as I posibley can. So Back to the original question.

If I fly the ARC 36-75-1 on 8s, Will anything expload or burn out. Has anyone ever flown with the ARC 36-75-1 on 8s. Is the 8s a mistake? becouse of overloading.

And yes I did order the Mirage one day before the F-100 was released and then cancel it.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:21 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
572 Posts
And some of my cockpit. I used the cockpit kit by Skylake models. All I did was lengthen the tub at the rear by 1" so that the back seater is not eating the instruments.
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,261 Posts
Dionysus, that looks so cool man! I love it! Whats your plans for power again? I'm gonna be uber jealous of this.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Mar 05, 2010, 09:36 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkylineFlyer View Post
Dionysus, that looks so cool man! I love it! Whats your plans for power again? I'm gonna be uber jealous of this.
Thanks SkylineFlyer! Like I said I知 new to electrics and DF痴, so I went with recommendations by others. I think I知 going to settle on the Typhoon 60037-2 motor, HET-75A speed controller and the 6s/22.2V Lipo. I do have the stock Fly Fly 1500 motor in the DF unit, I was going to test that to see what it can do.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 10:14 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Thanks SkylineFlyer! Like I said I知 new to electrics and DF痴, so I went with recommendations by others. I think I知 going to settle on the Typhoon 60037-2 motor, HET-75A speed controller and the 6s/22.2V Lipo. I do have the stock Fly Fly 1500 motor in the DF unit, I was going to test that to see what it can do.
I have heard people are having problems with the stock Fly Fly rotor breaking apart. make sure it's balanced. I just switched out my rotor for a HET rotor.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 10:19 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
572 Posts
I’ll take your advice. I was just going to do some bench running is all anyway, I’ll definitely order the HET rotor today. I was kind of worried anyway about the stock one. Thanks!
Old Mar 05, 2010, 10:32 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
I should also mention, I ordered the HET cause the Wemo wasn't in stock at the time. Apparently the Wemo is a little more efficeint, or so I hear.
When Vettster gets his Wemo we can compare results. were both going to run the same motors.
Old Mar 05, 2010, 11:24 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,055 Posts
dino....that hun looks insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! amasing work man!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 05, 2010, 11:55 AM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I値l take your advice. I was just going to do some bench running is all anyway, I値l definitely order the HET rotor today. I was kind of worried anyway about the stock one. Thanks!
which het rotor are you talking about? link?? im using stock fan myself on 5 cells

thanks

tom
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old Mar 05, 2010, 04:07 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,261 Posts
Shoot guys, killer setup, WEMO fan and ARC motor on 8s. Thats mine anyways.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Mar 05, 2010, 04:12 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomme21 View Post
which het rotor are you talking about? link?? im using stock fan myself on 5 cells

thanks

tom
I got mine from ejf.com
They have the Wemo too

http://www.ejf.com/index.php?main_pa...2b99776f6ca9ad