HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:38 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
9,356 Posts
Oh yeah, I guess so. I keep thinking "12 blade" on everything now. So it sounded high RPM for them = 8S to get that.
It flew very good for 2200w area! Though they (midi) are more efficient.

I am looking for 2600w area, 12 blade (Lander fan on 10S 800KV) - it's a big plane!
But I might have to throw in a lower (and cheaper!) 2200W combo to try that first now!!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ESC/Battery Anti-Spark lead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:13 AM
United States, CA, Hermosa Beach
Joined Feb 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Oh yeah, I guess so. I keep thinking "12 blade" on everything now. So it sounded high RPM for them = 8S to get that.
It flew very good for 2200w area! Though they (midi) are more efficient.

I am looking for 2600w area, 12 blade (Lander fan on 10S 800KV) - it's a big plane!
But I might have to throw in a lower (and cheaper!) 2200W combo to try that first now!!
Yeah, not super fast with my setup but looks nice in the air. My static numbers are 85a, 1900 watts,2.2kg thrust and my auw is 2900g.
NewPil0t is offline Find More Posts by NewPil0t
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:32 AM
Ventress, Louisiana
Joined Oct 2007
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPil0t View Post
6s 5000 40c, 1800kv, 100a and midi fan.
New Pilot what retacts are you using are?
Bill Diedrich is online now Find More Posts by Bill Diedrich
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:21 PM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
.great vid.cheers for posting.until the speed break deployment it was flying pretty good
rudeboy579 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy579
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:25 PM
Scale Jet Driver
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jul 2012
534 Posts
Anyone using the eflite 15-25 size retracts (4mm strut pins)? Which struts are you using?
Rangerfan is offline Find More Posts by Rangerfan
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:41 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Anyone using the eflite 15-25 size retracts (4mm strut pins)? Which struts are you using?
I am using those but the eflight 15-25's stock are 3.5mm legs if you have 4mm hardened steel pins then most likely yours have Tams upgraded trunion kit and ya I have Tamstruts on mine
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:14 PM
B-58 Hussler
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
Darned - Front wheel steering!!!

Help! I have been following this thread since it's first days. My F-100 is coming along very slowly. There is always something new to modify! Ha! 12blade CS, rudder, fluted exhaust, flaps, and leading edge slats – the list of clever thing that you all have done is incredible.

My problem is the front wheel steering. I have tried to use the standard pivot and slide method at least 5 different products and 8 different homemade fixes of my own. Every time I think I am ready to slap the front fuselage together - it breaks, starts slipping, the threads pull, etc.... I can build a spaceship for the moon, but darned if I can get this simple linkage to work reliably.

(no – offence to anyone ) I have kept away from the pull-pull linkage because it seems like it will have too much movement and an undesirable way to do it on this F-100. The cheater air hole is right where the servo should be. Lots of cutting up foam, etc..

I have seen the crossing wire with slight off set from center, how is that method holding up for folks? As much as I would like solid linkage, I am ready to get it in the air yet this year! I like to crash like the next guy, but not on the runway.
Hussler is offline Find More Posts by Hussler
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:20 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,464 Posts
Pull pull steering is working flawlessly in many of my models including my F100. My servo is mounted off to the side to allow the gear leg to sit beside it retracted.
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:38 AM
United States, CA, Hermosa Beach
Joined Feb 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Diedrich View Post
New Pilot what retacts are you using are?
Just a cheapy hk-312 clone. Change sun makes these. 3mm wire. Stock strut and wheels.
NewPil0t is offline Find More Posts by NewPil0t
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:38 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
Pull pull steering is working flawlessly in many of my models including my F100. My servo is mounted off to the side to allow the gear leg to sit beside it retracted.
i second that,i'm using a pull pull steering too and works great on grass so i reckon that on the runway it should too,was a bit tricky to get the right tension but once you've got that sorted it works great
rudeboy579 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy579
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:51 AM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
My problem is the front wheel steering. I have tried to use the standard pivot and slide method at least 5 different products and 8 different homemade fixes of my own. Every time I think I am ready to slap the front fuselage together - it breaks, starts slipping, the threads pull, etc.... I can build a spaceship for the moon, but darned if I can get this simple linkage to work reliably.

(no – offence to anyone ) I have kept away from the pull-pull linkage because it seems like it will have too much movement and an undesirable way to do it on this F-100. The cheater air hole is right where the servo should be. Lots of cutting up foam, etc..

I have seen the crossing wire with slight off set from center, how is that method holding up for folks? As much as I would like solid linkage, I am ready to get it in the air yet this year! I like to crash like the next guy, but not on the runway.
I use the very strong string that Banana Hobbies uses on the LX planes.

1. First tie the string to one end of the servo arm and secure it with CA
2. Next instert the end into the hole on the strut arm, center the wheel and wrap the string around the strut, once is usually fine
3. Take it back out through the other strut arm hole and loop it through the other servo arm.
4. Do not tie it, make sure your radio is on and make the string snug, just loop it back round on itself.
5. With a small amount of CA on the end of an xacto blade, apply some CA to the loop at the servo hole to hold it.
6. Once that is dry tie it off and add CA to both servo holes.
7. Set the model on the ground and adjust the steering, the loop around the strut will allow the string to slide as you adjust the steering.
8. When the steering is adjusted, apply some CA to the strut arm holes to anchor the string.

Been working fine on mine for MANY flights!
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:48 AM
B-58 Hussler
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
Many Thanks for the steering tips

Well thank you all. Who knows my Hun may get bug juice on it yet this year.

Next are the lights, afterburner, and cutting the leading edge! The only thing that I have done that I didn't see here was to modify the stock stabilizer trunions with 4mm bearings front and back. It was easy really drilled out the fracing wall and inserted the bearings with epoxy.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:04 PM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I am using those but the eflight 15-25's stock are 3.5mm legs if you have 4mm hardened steel pins then most likely yours have Tams upgraded trunion kit and ya I have Tamstruts on mine
No I've just got the stock eflite legs and am looking for some oleos. I thought they were 4mm? Anyone got any suggestions?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:35 PM
B-58 Hussler
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2011
28 Posts
I used strut from SU-35

Ranger Fan, I used the Strut from a SU-35. BH has them under "parts" with front retract for $24 with servo, just the strut for $13(no axles). They are a great height no mods and very sturdy. I think they are 4mm shaft, don't have my caplipers with me. I modified the larger HK servos 44mm to be a front wheel servo and used a 4mm shaft of my own design. Now moving to pull-pull steering.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:13 PM
Scale Jet Driver
Joined Jul 2012
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
Ranger Fan, I used the Strut from a SU-35. BH has them under "parts" with front retract for $24 with servo, just the strut for $13(no axles). They are a great height no mods and very sturdy. I think they are 4mm shaft, don't have my caplipers with me. I modified the larger HK servos 44mm to be a front wheel servo and used a 4mm shaft of my own design. Now moving to pull-pull steering.
Thanks hussler! I'll get one ordered. Just need the nose leg.