102 Posts
sorry only 30 000 ,but two days in a row is 60 000
but i was invited from another state.
mice1m is offline Find More Posts by mice1m
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:10 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
This bloke above, which ever state he comes from, deffinitelly got the bigger one, I'm out of this Thread for good, J.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:13 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
97 Posts
Here is a pic of at least 18 months old. It has been flown on gravel and horse stomped grass. Nothing beats hands on experience and 38yrs of know how with my toys

When i fly full sized aerobatic aircraft,wich i can take passengers . We always refer to flying toy planes,glass,foam,plastic and balsa etc as like having phone sex
gen3v8 is offline Find More Posts by gen3v8
Last edited by gen3v8; Jan 14, 2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:18 AM
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
Joined Nov 2011
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mice1m View Post
sorry only 30 000 ,but two days in a row is 60 000
but i was invited from another state.
do you even have an f-100 mate???if yes could you post pics of the edf your running(which i guess must be the best in the world)and also of your jet????
rudeboy579 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy579
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:42 AM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevronflyer View Post
maidened today.... almost lost her too.

take off was flawless and no trim corrections needed. plane flew like it was on rails... However, when i took it up high and did some slow flight/stalls to see how she would handle them and how slow i can get her things got ugly.. i slowed to 1/4 throttle, and slowed her down while applying elevator, she buffeted and then dropped the nose and the left wing slightly when she stalled, no big deal. I called out "ok theres the stall" and i applied full power to fly out. plane was level then started to pitch up very deliberately like it went full tail heavy or full stall. i am still at full throttle pouring the coals to it. plane stood on its tail in a full stall hovering off sheer power alone and slowlyh sliding back on its tail towards the ground.. i start shouting lots of explatives, continuing the full power, trying to force the nose down but with no air over the stabs they are useless.. finally at about 100ft off the ground the nose dropped and the plane rolled to the left and flew right out like nothing happened...

i brought her around and landed.... not sure what to make of it... didnt fly again to test any theories.. i think it was a deep full stall but i am not 100% convinced that something else wasnt going on because when i induced the test stall the plane was slight nose down and level when i powered out of the stall yet it started to pitch up abruptly and go into a deep full stall....
A config like this f-100 can do some funny things when it stops flying, its not a 3D plane ( at least controllable 3d) As you found out, lol. You actually all did a little "sabre dance" it sounds. The real ones do it too, hence the name!

Mine is not a foamy anymore, its composite with foam core, ha.

Back in the day before actually usable EDF's and turbines, this size jet would have had a Ramtec fan, OS91 and spring air retracts, giant servos and weighed 12-16# RTF and taken months to build plus cost 6x what one of these EDF's do now. Some of you may remember that time! and then you trust all that to sometimes dodgy 72mhz. I cant believe I/we actually flew a turbine jet on 72MHZ, haha. That was always the worst fear, those damn radios. PCM 1024!

The guys who start the hobby lately with all this cool stuff really don't know how lucky/spoiled they are! I took this Mercury all alloy super lightweight fan out of the box and my jaw dropped somewhat. Stuff like that was a total dream now reality and cheap on top of it. And a metal electric retract that cost $8 each... used to pay that much for just the screws for landing gear....
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Last edited by SilentHunter; Jan 14, 2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:52 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHunter View Post
A config like this f-100 can do some funny things when it stops flying, its not a 3D plane ( at least controllable 3d) As you found out, lol. You actually all did a little "sabre dance" it sounds. The real ones do it too, hence the name!

Mine is not a foamy anymore, its composite with foam core, ha.

Back in the day before actually usable EDF's, this size jet would have had a Ramtec fan, OS91 and spring air retracts, giant servos and weighed 12-16# RTF and taken months to build plus cost 6x what one of these EDF's do now. Some of you may remember that time! and then you trust all that to sometimes dodgy 72mhz. I cant believe I/we actually flew a turbine jet on 72MHZ, haha. That was always the worst fear, those damn radios. PCM 1024 you put your faith in!

The guys who start the hobby lately with all this cool stuff really don't know how lucky/spoiled they are! I took this Mercury all alloy super lightweight fan out of the box and my jaw dropped somewhat. Stuff like that was a total dream now reality and cheap on top of it. And a metal electric retract that cost $8 each... used to pay that much for just the screws for landing gear.
I hear you AAA+++. Thats what i thought in regards to the mercury. If you check my utube page you will see why agree withy you.
Regards.
gen3v8 is offline Find More Posts by gen3v8
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:46 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevronflyer View Post
maidened today.... almost lost her too.

take off was flawless and no trim corrections needed. plane flew like it was on rails... However, when i took it up high and did some slow flight/stalls to see how she would handle them and how slow i can get her things got ugly.. i slowed to 1/4 throttle, and slowed her down while applying elevator, she buffeted and then dropped the nose and the left wing slightly when she stalled, no big deal. I called out "ok theres the stall" and i applied full power to fly out. plane was level then started to pitch up very deliberately like it went full tail heavy or full stall. i am still at full throttle pouring the coals to it. plane stood on its tail in a full stall hovering off sheer power alone and slowlyh sliding back on its tail towards the ground.. i start shouting lots of explatives, continuing the full power, trying to force the nose down but with no air over the stabs they are useless.. finally at about 100ft off the ground the nose dropped and the plane rolled to the left and flew right out like nothing happened...

i brought her around and landed.... not sure what to make of it... didnt fly again to test any theories.. i think it was a deep full stall but i am not 100% convinced that something else wasnt going on because when i induced the test stall the plane was slight nose down and level when i powered out of the stall yet it started to pitch up abruptly and go into a deep full stall....
I have a scratch built F-100 and it (as with most swept wings) doesn't like to be stalled. I've stalled it several times and it's always hairy. I've got to let it drop nose down for a loooooong time and gain speed before trying to pull out.

The first time it happened I put the juice to it and tried to pull out right away and it stalled again. Gotta let the airspeed build way up before trying to get back to level flight.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:06 AM
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
^^Thats exactly right Mr Julian. I flew my mig for a few years and never stalled it once, purposly, I dident want to go there! haha. If you stall a jet like these low, you're probably screwed, if its up high get the nose down fast and at a pretty steep angle.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:05 AM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
I have a scratch built F-100 and it (as with most swept wings) doesn't like to be stalled. I've stalled it several times and it's always hairy. I've got to let it drop nose down for a loooooong time and gain speed before trying to pull out.

The first time it happened I put the juice to it and tried to pull out right away and it stalled again. Gotta let the airspeed build way up before trying to get back to level flight.
yup, and now i know what to expect, how slow i can actually get it before it does stall, and then what to expect after the stall.......

I really only posted just to see if anyone else has or had experienced similar stall characteristics from their sabres.
chevronflyer is online now Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:54 AM
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Bombz

Some parkflyer plastic bombs for static display, Models spend most of their time being looked at rather than used, at least mine anyway.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:00 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
928 Posts
that looks excellent...I love these updates
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:13 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,257 Posts
Chev...it might have some up thrust that caused it to pitch up on the recovery ,try a stall and dont add power and see what it does.the wing has a lot of positive incedence so even when fuse is level the wings could still stall at low speed.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
heres a light f4 90mm
F4 Phantom Twin (4 min 37 sec)

keep them light and there hard to crash

90mm F4 Phantom twin EDF Haoye 4cell Jet (3 min 1 sec)
mice1m is offline Find More Posts by mice1m
Last edited by mice1m; Jan 14, 2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:24 PM
Marton, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2005
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mice1m View Post
heres a light f4 90mm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pql5N2xwdrY

keep them light and there hard to crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEmrmRrpmg
Each to his own I guess but the other vids here of heavy F-100s look far better to me than a pitchy Phantom which flies like a tiger moth. It doesn't seem to have much presence in the air - it's just floating around.
savvy is offline Find More Posts by savvy
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, NC, Randleman
Joined Nov 2011
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savvy View Post
each to his own i guess but the other vids here of heavy f-100s look far better to me than a pitchy phantom which flies like a tiger moth. It doesn't seem to have much presence in the air - it's just floating around.
++++1
RCTodd is online now Find More Posts by RCTodd