SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
Great looking L-39!! I have used the LS from wowplanes on 5 planes now. My last one was the Flyfly F-86 and mine came in at 6.5lbs unloaded and 8.5lbs with 2 3s 6000mAh 40c batteries in her. I was a little heavy on the paint too.

My F-18 had 4 coats and it made it all the way through the tree a couple weeks back. I think the LS is what made it able to do that. Little damage considering I hit it around 120 MPH.

here is the LS covered Sabre:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1394
I had a FF F86 that weighed 7 pounds with 5800mah 6S 30C (without the drop tanks). I did add flaps, air retracts, and some cockpit detail. The finish was the stock silver with Canadian Air Force markings. Taking your slightly heavier battery into account and assuming your weight includes drop tanks, the LS added a little over 1 pound. It was a nice flier till my receiver battery went on strike. May build another one someday if all the other projects get finished.
Cheers
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:38 AM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
1, the lights are buried not really that serviceable, with an exacto blade make a 3/16in deep cut and push the wire into it with a little gorilla glue over the top and done, if you wanted them serviceable then just provide the excess wire at the led end to allow them to come out.
2, panel lines were left alone and just liquid sheeted right over them, the thought was they would fill up just enough to look better than the huge lines they give you. I think I achieved the desired effect, to be honest I didn't know if the LS was going to work like I needed it to so not a lot of detail work was done. it was a test model and just put enough work to look good.
3, I bought the kit from a local hobby shop that ordered it from HK for a customer and the customer never picked it up, I got it for 150 bucks
You know, I was never crazy about the L-39 until I saw yours... Now I have to get one. Actually, I was never crazy about the F-100 either, until I saw Dionysus' at the jet rally in Austin. In fact, I was about to start building a Yellow F-16 when I saw someone post pictures of a Yellow F-18, so I built an F-18... I'm weak and easily impressionable...

So, would I get the FF EPO L-39 and Liquid Sheet it, or the Hobby King (CMP?) L-59 composite?
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,387 Posts
OK, guys. It's just taking you TOO LONG to reply... It's been more than 10 minutes since I asked the question!... So I ordered the Top Gun EPO L-39 from Park RC Models. I just couldn't wait too long...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,993 Posts
I think you made the right choice by getting the HTG L39. The composite one may have a better finish but the wing has been stretched ruining the classic long nose look. The HTG has a more scale profile.
IMHO
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:11 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
oh damn ysolomon, I just got in, see if you can get an EPS version of the HTG L39 from parkrc HTG makes them in both versions, I highly reccomend EPS foam if your going to do LS over foam, even though mine seems to be working just fine my next LS over foam project will be for sure an EPS foam model.....wont do EPO again
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:16 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
I think you made the right choice by getting the HTG L39. The composite one may have a better finish but the wing has been stretched ruining the classic long nose look. The HTG has a more scale profile.
IMHO
the HTG is also quite a bit bigger which I like
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon View Post
... In fact, I was about to start building a Yellow F-16 when I saw someone post pictures of a Yellow F-18, so I built an F-18... I'm weak and easily impressionable...
LOL!!

I am in the same boat, I am wanting the same jets but would like a super hornet

I looked at the HTG L 39 today but then looked at the triones L39...the HTG looks more scale though all the ones I hear sound really good in air
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:30 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon View Post
You know, I was never crazy about the L-39 until I saw yours... Now I have to get one. Actually, I was never crazy about the F-100 either, until I saw Dionysus' at the jet rally in Austin. In fact, I was about to start building a Yellow F-16 when I saw someone post pictures of a Yellow F-18, so I built an F-18... I'm weak and easily impressionable...

So, would I get the FF EPO L-39 and Liquid Sheet it, or the Hobby King (CMP?) L-59 composite?
I think thats called edf jet fever lol!!! I know because my wife made me go see the doctor regaurding the same issues and thats what he told me......by the way theirs no cure
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
LOL!!

I am in the same boat, I am wanting the same jets but would like a super hornet

I looked at the HTG L 39 today but then looked at the triones L39...the HTG looks more scale though all the ones I hear sound really good in air
there is something about L39's intakes that create great whooshyness
Old Sep 25, 2012, 03:07 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I think thats called edf jet fever lol!!! I know because my wife made me go see the doctor regaurding the same issues and thats what he told me......by the way theirs no cure
I haven't told mt wife that plane #27 is on its way yet... I need to find the right moment...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:30 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,922 Posts
we are all doomed sick puppies....no cure say it aint so ...oh well might as well live life to the fullest...at least our wives know where we are...and what were looking at on the internet
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:39 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,387 Posts

BTW--iPad is a great device to follow RCGroups in bed while pretending to watch TV with the wife...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
LMAO Its so true we are doomed to be slaves of the RC gods and our wives are rc widows
rush1 is offline Find More Posts by rush1
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:44 AM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
569 Posts
my wife always says i am one plane away from a divorce.... so one plane in one plane out is my rule. except for the 5 or 6 planes she doesnt know about that i keep and fly at work
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:48 AM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1 View Post
Attachment 5139932

Attachment 5139933

Attachment 5139934
Well its almost done I was going to go with the candy stripes but said shine it and then after I put the decals on that came in the kit I'm thinking it may have been easier Those decals suck what a pain in the butt to install , Hopefully I'll get a first flight this weekend
you got a shot up the tailpipe so i can see how/where you put the afterburner light ring? i was messing around with mine last night trying to figure out how to put the lander 90mm light ring in and cant see any real way to get it to fit without cutting the light ring down to a smaller diameter and then installing a thrust tube
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer