HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 10:47 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
"D" you did a very nice scale flight at the jet meet. you really have that jet dialed in flys very scale.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke58 View Post
I had Callie change the nose flares to cover more of the F mod nose , it makes the fit easier .

Earl
Wow thats an awesome picture I cant wait for my hun to show up and get started building this thing
rush1 is offline Find More Posts by rush1
Old May 24, 2012, 07:45 PM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Thanks Rush , She is ready for a "100 hour" though, I'll have to get some time up this weekend , got to put that Red White and Blue in the air

Earl
Duke58 is offline Find More Posts by Duke58
Old May 25, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Mine came in yesterday I see why you guys fiberglass this bird the foam sucks all the joints on mine are rounded off like its been droped a million times ,I just purchased another one from rc castle so i think I'm going to glass that one and build this one stock except for the cock pit upgrade , started building my cock pitlast night I'll post some pictures when I get it done .
Old May 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I'll have to pay more specific attention to the "banking drop" next time, LOL.
I can't really remember, but I can picture it 'yawing down' too. And would expect it to (thinking about it). Though, what amount is normal or not....

If you did nothing to correct it, it would just go more and more towards vertical (ultimately). So to get to that it had to yaw. A slower 'linear' yaw, or a more sudden dramatic one that goes beyond 'linear'? I guess that would depend on the amount of turn radius and banking, and the aircraft wing design too. All aircraft could be 'corrected' (elevator) - whether real-time, or after the fact - but how much you need, or how soon etc, could vary.

If a fin was mis-aligned, even by a small amount, you will know pretty soon! And would have trimmed it out too, whether correctly with rudder, or incorrectly with aileron. But you should have recognised a specific direction issue quite soon, and thus would associate further 'odd' flight moves to that, as applicable.
So I don't think it is that.

I think it sounds more like it is notably nose heavy.....
And some aircraft are probably more sensitive to that than others too - thus a more dramatic result of its influences/consequences.
Could it be the Dreaded Saber dance ?
Old May 25, 2012, 08:43 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
nose heavy or one stab moves more than the other ....acting like tailerons to roll the plane more as you are pull elev. in the turn ???
Old May 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Has any body hooked the airlerons and the tail plane together mechanicly on this bird? I have an f22 that way and it flys amazing you just set the radio up as a delta ? I personaly dont think the wing would work this way given the shape of it I was just curious if any body here was crazy enough to try it ?
Old May 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,314 Posts
I've set up several planes like this - Since I use Futaba radios what I do is use an aileron to elevator slave where you have the elevators on two channels and they get a percentage of aileron slave mixed into normal elevator commands too. Tailerons work great but even better if you use ailerons also - that way the roll command on the elevators are smaller and more efficient. It will allow smaller control movements hence a more efficient method of control but it is a lot more finiky to set up. Not really a good idea for the guys just looking to fly. But for those looking to learn something new about stability and control, or to optimize a setup, it's a viable option.
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Name: F100 cock pit upgrade 1.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 144.9 KB
Description:

Name: F100 cock pit upgrade 2.jpg
Views: 70
Size: 122.8 KB
Description:

[ATTACH]4889929[/ATTACH
My F 100 cockpit upgrade I used an rc landers pilots head glued to the plastic body from the kit and used a spring from a harbor tool and freight spring assortment coverd with heat shrink and painted what do you guys think ?
Old May 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,852 Posts
Old May 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush1 View Post
My F 100 cockpit upgrade I used an rc landers pilots head glued to the plastic body from the kit and used a spring from a harbor tool and freight spring assortment coverd with heat shrink and painted what do you guys think ?
Looks great! At first I thought you were talking about using a spring to attach his head and I had to chuckle at the image of a head bouncing/wagging pilot figurine but then I realized you were talking about the O2 mask hose..
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Looks great! At first I thought you were talking about using a spring to attach his head and I had to chuckle at the image of a head bouncing/wagging pilot figurine but then I realized you were talking about the O2 mask hose..
LOL that would of been funny having a bobble head in there , i'm trying to figure out a way to be able to mount both canopy's so i could have two defferent versions of this plane , not having much luck so far
Old May 27, 2012, 12:08 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,314 Posts
edit.. double post deleted
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 12:08 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,314 Posts
Neat idea. I'm sure there is a way to do it relatively hassle free if you mod both canopies enough... settle on a decent attach method, some good hardware, some elbow grease..
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined Mar 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Neat idea. I'm sure there is a way to do it relatively hassle free if you mod both canopies enough... settle on a decent attach method, some good hardware, some elbow grease..
Ive been messing around with it all night and I think Ive got it figured out pretty simple actualy but I have to order another pilot seeing as I cut his head off and used it for my single seat version I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it done