SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:20 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
dz1sfb's Avatar
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,495 Posts
Just could not leave it alone

Just building the virtual at this point.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:18 AM
Departing at 'O' dark 30
Cass's Avatar
Sudbury, Ont. Canada
Joined Feb 2002
1,253 Posts
Great Vid.

This is a great candidate for a CL-415 mod......


Well, now i have to build this one too. Where am i gonna find the time to finish my Hurricane???? Thx, thx alot....
Cass is offline Find More Posts by Cass
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:32 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2006
201 Posts
Awesome work! Is this 6mm Depron?

Fangar
Fangar is offline Find More Posts by Fangar
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:49 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2006
201 Posts
Also, What type of connector are you using to tie to two ESC's to the single pack... and to the receiver? Thanks in advance,

Fangar
Fangar is offline Find More Posts by Fangar
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:45 PM
Registered User
popedan's Avatar
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
cool build

awsome build guys.heres mine coming together.
popedan is offline Find More Posts by popedan
Last edited by popedan; Mar 23, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:55 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
Rockin G's Avatar
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popedan
awsome build guys.heres mine coming together.
Looks great...I like how you document with proof that the pics were taken today with the Giants and Saints on TV behind the plane.

I am very intrigued with this plane. It would be my first time scratch building from Depron...infact only my second time ever building anything from scratch (last time was a balsa profile.) Anyways, is it easy enough for what I will call and beginner builder?
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:04 PM
Registered User
popedan's Avatar
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91
Looks great...I like how you document with proof that the pics were taken today with the Giants and Saints on TV behind the plane.

I am very intrigued with this plane. It would be my first time scratch building from Depron...infact only my second time ever building anything from scratch (last time was a balsa profile.) Anyways, is it easy enough for what I will call and beginner builder?
these are larryross pdf that he post on page 3 iam moding as i go along.ill keep updates has i go thanks.
popedan is offline Find More Posts by popedan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:28 PM
Registered FFF Addict
larryross's Avatar
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has several builds going at the same time.



Quote:
Originally Posted by popedan
awsome build guys.heres mine coming together.
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
Registered User
popedan's Avatar
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryross
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has several builds going at the same time.
your pdf our going to work out will thank you fore puting them up
popedan is offline Find More Posts by popedan
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
Registered User
Maryland, USA
Joined May 2004
2,641 Posts
Hey guys. I been lurking here, since that previous thread asking how to draw plans. I really like the way this plane flys, and especially surprised how aerobatic it is with the concave flat wind. If anyone is interested, Mark Carew, is drawing up the cargo plane in 3d with sketchup. It's happening right this second, live on streaming video. Just go to the bottom of this page: http://phlatforum.com You might have to hit refresh on your browser for the ustream player to show. Don't know when, maybe not till tommorow, I think the plan is to cut out the plane on his cnc machine and build it live.

-Kwok
Kwok_Yu is offline Find More Posts by Kwok_Yu
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
F&T or anyone

Could someome post directions or schematic on how to hook up the throttle differential using two motors two esc one vtail mixer? No rudder will be used on mine. Thanks Mike
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:42 PM
Registered FFF Addict
larryross's Avatar
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
You must not have been lurking long, because several of us have already done SU 3D drawings. It is already posted on the Phlatforum.com as I understand it, but that's OK the more the merrier.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwok_Yu
Hey guys. I been lurking here, since that previous thread asking how to draw plans. I really like the way this plane flys, and especially surprised how aerobatic it is with the concave flat wind. If anyone is interested, Mark Carew, is drawing up the cargo plane in 3d with sketchup. It's happening right this second, live on streaming video. Just go to the bottom of this page: http://phlatforum.com You might have to hit refresh on your browser for the ustream player to show. Don't know when, maybe not till tommorow, I think the plan is to cut out the plane on his cnc machine and build it live.

-Kwok
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
Registered FFF Addict
larryross's Avatar
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are looking for. If not, let me know what more you need.



Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51
Could someome post directions or schematic on how to hook up the throttle differential using two motors two esc one vtail mixer? No rudder will be used on mine. Thanks Mike
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Last edited by larryross; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
F-111 John's Avatar
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51
Could someome post directions or schematic on how to hook up the throttle differential using two motors two esc one vtail mixer? No rudder will be used on mine. Thanks Mike
Throttle channel of receiver goes into rudder channel of the v-tail mixer.

Rudder channel of the receiver goes into the elevatorr channel of the v-tail mixer.

The two ESCs are fed by the two output channels of the v-tail mixer. If the differential thrust is backwards from rudder movement, swap the two v-tail outputs to the ESCs.

With a v-tail mixer, both servos rotate in the same direction for rudder action, and rotate in opposite directions for elevator action. This translates to having both ESCs increase together for throttle action by feeding throttle to the rudder input, and having the ESCs go in opposite direction by feeding rudder into the elevator input.

Power from the ESC's BEC will backfeed through the v-tail mixer and power the receiver.
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:35 PM
Registered FFF Addict
larryross's Avatar
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Thanks John for the detailed description.




Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
Throttle channel of receiver goes into rudder channel of the v-tail mixer.

Rudder channel of the receiver goes into the elevatorr channel of the v-tail mixer.

The two ESCs are fed by the two output channels of the v-tail mixer. If the differential thrust is backwards from rudder movement, swap the two v-tail outputs to the ESCs.

With a v-tail mixer, both servos rotate in the same direction for rudder action, and rotate in opposite directions for elevator action. This translates to having both ESCs increase together for throttle action by feeding throttle to the rudder input, and having the ESCs go in opposite direction by feeding rudder into the elevator input.

Power from the ESC's BEC will backfeed through the v-tail mixer and power the receiver.
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiplex Cargo Plane Riko Electric Plane Talk 7 Aug 19, 2009 09:21 AM
List your Cargo Plane mods.+pics. speedo Foamies (Kits) 24 Oct 19, 2005 03:04 PM
Newbie multi purpose plane Jay Spence Slope 19 Sep 15, 2004 10:36 PM
Multi-purpose Charger hyperbot Foamies (Kits) 5 Apr 18, 2002 04:47 PM
Multiplex Cargo Plane, How is it? info. needed. speedo Foamies (Kits) 8 Oct 09, 2001 10:37 PM