SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:20 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,495 Posts
Just could not leave it alone

Just building the virtual at this point.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:18 AM
Departing at 'O' dark 30
Sudbury, Ont. Canada
Joined Feb 2002
1,253 Posts
Great Vid.

This is a great candidate for a CL-415 mod......

Well, now i have to build this one too. Where am i gonna find the time to finish my Hurricane???? Thx, thx alot....
Cass is offline Find More Posts by Cass
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:32 AM
Joined May 2006
201 Posts
Awesome work! Is this 6mm Depron?

Fangar
Fangar is offline Find More Posts by Fangar
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:49 AM
Joined May 2006
201 Posts
Also, What type of connector are you using to tie to two ESC's to the single pack... and to the receiver? Thanks in advance,

Fangar
Fangar is offline Find More Posts by Fangar
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:45 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
cool build

awsome build guys.heres mine coming together.
popedan is offline Find More Posts by popedan
Last edited by popedan; Mar 23, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:55 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
United States, TX, Lockhart
Joined Dec 2008
2,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popedan
Looks great...I like how you document with proof that the pics were taken today with the Giants and Saints on TV behind the plane.

I am very intrigued with this plane. It would be my first time scratch building from Depron...infact only my second time ever building anything from scratch (last time was a balsa profile.) Anyways, is it easy enough for what I will call and beginner builder?
Rockin G is offline Find More Posts by Rockin G
Old Oct 18, 2009, 02:04 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna91
Looks great...I like how you document with proof that the pics were taken today with the Giants and Saints on TV behind the plane.

I am very intrigued with this plane. It would be my first time scratch building from Depron...infact only my second time ever building anything from scratch (last time was a balsa profile.) Anyways, is it easy enough for what I will call and beginner builder?
these are larryross pdf that he post on page 3 iam moding as i go along.ill keep updates has i go thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:28 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has several builds going at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popedan
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
USA, FL, Panama City
Joined Jun 2009
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryross
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has several builds going at the same time.
your pdf our going to work out will thank you fore puting them up
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined May 2004
2,641 Posts
Hey guys. I been lurking here, since that previous thread asking how to draw plans. I really like the way this plane flys, and especially surprised how aerobatic it is with the concave flat wind. If anyone is interested, Mark Carew, is drawing up the cargo plane in 3d with sketchup. It's happening right this second, live on streaming video. Just go to the bottom of this page: http://phlatforum.com You might have to hit refresh on your browser for the ustream player to show. Don't know when, maybe not till tommorow, I think the plan is to cut out the plane on his cnc machine and build it live.

-Kwok
Kwok_Yu is offline Find More Posts by Kwok_Yu
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:14 PM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
F&T or anyone

Could someome post directions or schematic on how to hook up the throttle differential using two motors two esc one vtail mixer? No rudder will be used on mine. Thanks Mike
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:42 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
You must not have been lurking long, because several of us have already done SU 3D drawings. It is already posted on the Phlatforum.com as I understand it, but that's OK the more the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwok_Yu
Hey guys. I been lurking here, since that previous thread asking how to draw plans. I really like the way this plane flys, and especially surprised how aerobatic it is with the concave flat wind. If anyone is interested, Mark Carew, is drawing up the cargo plane in 3d with sketchup. It's happening right this second, live on streaming video. Just go to the bottom of this page: http://phlatforum.com You might have to hit refresh on your browser for the ustream player to show. Don't know when, maybe not till tommorow, I think the plan is to cut out the plane on his cnc machine and build it live.

-Kwok
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are looking for. If not, let me know what more you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51
Could someome post directions or schematic on how to hook up the throttle differential using two motors two esc one vtail mixer? No rudder will be used on mine. Thanks Mike
Last edited by larryross; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51
Throttle channel of receiver goes into rudder channel of the v-tail mixer.

Rudder channel of the receiver goes into the elevatorr channel of the v-tail mixer.

The two ESCs are fed by the two output channels of the v-tail mixer. If the differential thrust is backwards from rudder movement, swap the two v-tail outputs to the ESCs.

With a v-tail mixer, both servos rotate in the same direction for rudder action, and rotate in opposite directions for elevator action. This translates to having both ESCs increase together for throttle action by feeding throttle to the rudder input, and having the ESCs go in opposite direction by feeding rudder into the elevator input.

Power from the ESC's BEC will backfeed through the v-tail mixer and power the receiver.
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:35 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Thanks John for the detailed description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
Throttle channel of receiver goes into rudder channel of the v-tail mixer.

Rudder channel of the receiver goes into the elevatorr channel of the v-tail mixer.

The two ESCs are fed by the two output channels of the v-tail mixer. If the differential thrust is backwards from rudder movement, swap the two v-tail outputs to the ESCs.

With a v-tail mixer, both servos rotate in the same direction for rudder action, and rotate in opposite directions for elevator action. This translates to having both ESCs increase together for throttle action by feeding throttle to the rudder input, and having the ESCs go in opposite direction by feeding rudder into the elevator input.

Power from the ESC's BEC will backfeed through the v-tail mixer and power the receiver.