SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2011, 01:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
After only 7 months of use a dud with no hope of warranty because it is a CLONE!

I bought this item from hobbypartz on december 2010. After 7 months of use (charging once a week) now the charger no longer recognizes 5s packs and thus cant charge. Before it gave this error I was charging a pack normally when It gave a disconnection error. after this the charger no longer recognizes none of my 8 packs.

Even though the booklet of the charger says 1year Warranty hobbypartz claim they only offer 30 days of warranty. The rest is done via the manufacturer. The problem is who manufactures this charger. there is no contact information on the box or booklet and hobbypartz claim they don't know either. Further research has shown that charger is a clone copy manufactured for HobbyPartz copying the SkyRC.com Imax chargers . This means there is no hope for warranty! I will file a complain with BBB and my credit card

So unless you want to waste money don't buy it. Spend your money on something you can get support, warranty and most importantly is not a clone. Most of charger sold in Hobbypartz are cheap clones of well known chargers. So avoid!

Also, I tried to leave review on their site about this charger but of course they censored my review and did not post it. So be advised all reviews posted on their site are biased toward the positive side.
solracotos is offline Find More Posts by solracotos
Last edited by solracotos; Jul 02, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2011, 08:34 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbypartz View Post
Yes, it comes with a built-in cooling fan
Mine did not come with an internal fan and I doubt any other ones do. Please check your products thoroughly before making false claims.
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Nov 2010
262 Posts
can this charge upgrade with firmware
helifreak592 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak592
RCG Plus Member