Old Oct 08, 2009, 08:21 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,262 Posts
Idea
How about an Internet PSS mega Fly In****new ideas***

Heres an idea

what if we said on saturday the 'x' of October at say 5pm GMT in Uk use your local time we all fly at the same time on loads of slopes and countries, photograph and video our PSS models all over the world. we then post them here with say a 48hr time limit to get the post up live. after that we all vote on the best static, prop , jet and flying from the videos just like an old fashioned postal competion.....how many aircraft simultaneously in the air can we get....come on guys what dya think.......

If its already been done or you all think its dumb ....i will lock myself back in the garage.........

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Last edited by dav3uk; Oct 09, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2009, 08:32 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,262 Posts
Ok may have jumped the gun a bit here. the idea was for simultaneous flying but the shout has gone up what about Aus and NZ. so perhaps we run it within a time slot within one day, pictures must also include that days newspaper for instance as proof of day(my god you lot are distrusting) this was for fun..... some suggestions wayyyyy to serious already....

how about streaming live video to a web site there must be someone on forum who could advise on that...I know get back in the garage Dave......
Old Oct 09, 2009, 02:41 AM
I failed linkage geometry
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2002
4,230 Posts
I love the idea.

Let's hope the wind blows all over the world on the chosen day
salisbug is offline Find More Posts by salisbug
Old Oct 09, 2009, 11:43 AM
I want to bark at the moon
2 weeks in SoCal 2 weeks in WA
Joined Mar 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk
Ok may have jumped the gun a bit here. the idea was for simultaneous flying but the shout has gone up what about Aus and NZ. so perhaps we run it within a time slot within one day, pictures must also include that days newspaper for instance as proof of day(my god you lot are distrusting) this was for fun..... some suggestions wayyyyy to serious already....

how about streaming live video to a web site there must be someone on forum who could advise on that...I know get back in the garage Dave......
I see this fly is not really an invitation for los gringos just los kiwis and neighbors. Small world.
guantamanera is offline Find More Posts by guantamanera
Old Oct 09, 2009, 12:06 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guantamanera
I see this fly is not really an invitation for los gringos just los kiwis and neighbors. Small world.

Nooooo Everyone is invited. However because of time diffs we just cant do a simultaneous fly in(as pointed out by some antipodean slopers my time suggestion was very usa/europe biased (not intentionally i just didnt think this through enough...mmm heard that before)) so after a few PMs here are some ideas.... not all mine what do you think

1 we pick a day to fly not a time.

2 Take photo or video or both of plane with that days newspaper for date conf.

3 if no wind that day dont worry send in static photo for judging.

3 allow say 48 hrs for all posts (4pics per model and say 3min video posted to youtube) to be made. maybe 1 pic with you in, always nice to put face to names.

4 allow 24 hrs for voting. each person posts their vote for satic and flight and you cant vote for yourself.

5 after 24 hrs closing post made on forum. any votes after that not counted.

6 announce winners.......have party drink beer etc etc....

7 winners get trophy delivered by post.

Now i will donate a couple of trophies with postage to the winners just to get us going.

Dave
Last edited by dav3uk; Oct 09, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2009, 01:40 PM
I want to bark at the moon
2 weeks in SoCal 2 weeks in WA
Joined Mar 2009
576 Posts
aah, I though you were mad cause Obama won the nobel prize. Jk
guantamanera is offline Find More Posts by guantamanera
Old Oct 09, 2009, 02:47 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,262 Posts
confused maybe......no one saw that coming

Mind you a lot of the Norwegian slopers are unhinged............in a goood way of course
Old Oct 09, 2009, 03:17 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,066 Posts
probably better to do it over a month at least that way everyone could get a chance to score the right wind fo a given slope/model ?
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Oct 09, 2009, 03:42 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,262 Posts
I can see the logic in that. My orig idea was sort of spontaneous..a sort of SNAP whos flying NOW moment.

Maybe what we could do is say "hey from 1- 2pm this saturday lets all take a pic of what we are doing PSS wise, maybe bulding, flying, watching...crashing.

post the pics and get a snapshot of the world of PSS

then we could all vote on our favourite picture (maybe just cos its funny etc)

it was the snapshot of the globe effect i was after..

a sort of informal worldwide get together and chit chat afterwards..

hope that makes sense.