HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2009, 04:47 PM
N.W.
Joined Jun 2007
71 Posts
Discussion
HZ Super Cub LP not uncrashable and indistrutable

A couple weeks a go I got my Super Cub LP. I like to scale fly, make it look like a real plane.
This thing flew so nice. The SC makes an average pilot look like an expert.

I'd take off at half throuttle to make it grasfully take off, nice easy bank turns, low level, slow, fly-by's, touch and goes.

When I hear people who crashed theirs, I wondered, how can someone crash a Super Cup? These things are so easy to fly.

Well, today I went flying. I flew in a ball park that has 4 fields, with light polls all over the place. 5 tall, Per fields. Real tall. I had to go through them like a obstacle course.

After about 15 minutes of flying, I was thinking, this is crazy. Nobody would fly in this type of situation.

I missed judged how far the outfield poll was and hit it. Plane came down and almost kept going, but hit a tree.

The front of the wing (where it hit the poll) didn't even a dent at all (I think the poll was to big around to make a dent in front). The back of the wing, just outside of the plastic part, dented in. I flew one more time, it flew OK, but the wing looks crooked.

I don't know if it was like this before, but the prop, when it turns, it seems to have more clicks (not the sound of a click, but feel). When you spin it, each notch is more pronounced. Like when you stop it, when the prop stops, instead of spinning to a nice, smooth stop, just as it stops spinning, goes; easy, hard, easy hard (Can't explane it very good). Consistent all the way around, so not sure that any gears are stripped.

What usually happens to the gears if there's a problem? Do I need to get new ones? Seems a little louder, but motor ran fine.

Broke a strut also.

So, HZ Super Cub is not uncrushable, and indestructible. It may be hard to crash, but you can crash it if you do stupid stuff, like fly it in dangerous places, where you shouldn't be flying.

Attached[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/384/backofwing.jpg is photo of back of wing that makes wing fit crooked.

Chris.
happydog500 is offline Find More Posts by happydog500
Last edited by happydog500; Oct 07, 2009 at 04:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts