SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:03 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c54fun View Post
Steve Neu told me to use his online caculator. http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/neumotorscalc.asp

I ran the 1115 1y 2800kv with 5s TP 65c 1800 mAh. 4.75x4.75. On off throttle for 2:30. Motor and esc came down warm.

Here is some data on the Neu 1115 1y.

Neu Energy 5s 1800 mAh 45c new pack.
1779 watts @ 104 amps static with 5x5 prop.

TP 4s 2250 4s 65c 16 cycles.
1434 watts @ 99 amps static with 5x5 prop.

Tp 1800 65c 5s new pack
1733 watts @ 105 amps static with 5x5 prop.

The Neu Energy battery started to puff after a couple of flights. Not enough c's.

MEGA 16/40/1.5 R 2270kv
4.75x5.5 Apc prop. Static. TP 6s 1800 mAh 65c.
2002 watts.
100.3 amps.
4446 rpms.

Terry,

How many rpms?
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Tim, time to start building, dont just look at her beuty for 1 year like I did
Ha ha!

Thanks sebbe!

It will probably a slow build. I've got one of our newly-released Top Flite Corsair .60 ARFs that I will do a re-cover/paint job and convert to electric as well. I'm more interested in the Viper, but the Corsair was another one of my projects at work. Plus, I have to keep up appearances because nobody I work with appreciates this pylon stuff, so I have to keep my hands in "regular" airplanes.

The first thing I'm going to do is contimplate how to anchor the pushrod guide tube (referred to by some as the "snake") down inside the fuse.

I already tried bolting the wing to the fuselage, but the holes in the wing didn't quite align with the nuts in the fuse. They can't be off by much, but I'll probably have to CAREFULLY and slightly enlarge the holes in the wing.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:04 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
Ha ha!

Thanks sebbe!

It will probably a slow build. I've got one of our newly-released Top Flite Corsair .60 ARFs that I will do a re-cover/paint job and convert to electric as well. I'm more interested in the Viper, but the Corsair was another one of my projects at work. Plus, I have to keep up appearances because nobody I work with appreciates this pylon stuff, so I have to keep my hands in "regular" airplanes.

The first thing I'm going to do is contimplate how to anchor the pushrod guide tube (referred to by some as the "snake") down inside the fuse.

I already tried bolting the wing to the fuselage, but the holes in the wing didn't quite align with the nuts in the fuse. They can't be off by much, but I'll probably have to CAREFULLY and slightly enlarge the holes in the wing.

Tim
yep, start with the snake, probably the most important job to do..

About the wing, mine was also difficult to fit, but if you run the bolts threw the wing as far as you can first, then try to put then onto the fuse, it may take some effort, but it will fit after you have done this like5-6 times.. DONT drill up any bigger hole..wait with that.. otherwise you could end up with a sloop somwhere in some direction, not good..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:13 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,808 Posts
Understood!

Thanks sebbe.

Tim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:40 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
OH,, I am going to make a hole in the rear of the wingtab, to fit a M3 bolt, dont like the idea tape going on/off every flight..
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:34 AM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
OH,, I am going to make a hole in the rear of the wingtab, to fit a M3 bolt, dont like the idea tape going on/off every flight..
Sebbe, I intalled a 4-40 bolt in the wingtab with a blind nut; really secure. I also had wing bolt issues; just put the bolts in and out a few times and took a sander to the L.E. fuse saddle to remove some paint also helped. One of our club members suggested to place a strong magnet on the bottom of the tail boom when glueing the elevator pushrod tube; it really works; used thin ca no issues so far. A few pics oif the Viper before its maiden at the Jean dry lake bed.
Tim, have fun building; its a easy and quick build.
I will have to contact TP here in Vegas and special order a 5s 65c in the 1800-2700mah range. The need for speed burns deep.

Best,

Mike
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Last edited by LVSloper; Jan 19, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Dec 2008
23 Posts
Im following this thread very close. im going to buy a viper in 2 o 3 months. kproton i love photoss and i know that you do a lot of pics and videos.
lokomimu is offline Find More Posts by lokomimu
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
Mike, yepp, the rear wingbult is the way to go, I hate tape there..

Whats your setup ?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainguy View Post
Terry,

where did you get Tp 1800 65c 5s -I cannot find any. Thanks for your post & your info.
PG
I used a 3s and a 2s. Stripped them down and desoldered and resoldered into a 5s pack.

I dont recomend this if your not sure about your soldering skills.

Terry

Also: I have a Swist not a Viper. Not sure on the fit of a 5s in the Viper.

Terry,
c54fun is offline Find More Posts by c54fun
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:08 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,808 Posts
Not a lot of progress tonight - just relaxing and taking it slow. Gonna really think about the "snake" (elevator pushrod and guide tube) and come up with something slick.

The 2mm screws for the horizontal stab seemed a little long--they were still pretty far out when they started giving resistance and didn't seem like they were going to go in much farther without breaking something. So I cut 'em short with cutters, used a reinforced cutoff wheel to clean it up, then cleaned up the threads with a 2mm tap.

I traced the outline of the back of the fuse/vertical stab and the horizontal stab onto paper to scan, then draw over it in AutoCAD to help me come up with the perfect elevator horn that will match up with the pushrod. Also thinking of going up to the next size wire.

By the way, where the heck can I get a Gens Ace 5S 2200-ish 55C battery in the States? I've seen the 30C, but no 55C here in the US.

Here's a link to a place where they can be found in the UK, but I haven't been able to find them in the US...

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-2200m...-p-406488.html

Anybody?

Thanks.

Tim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Not sure about Gens Ace but SoaringUSA sells a TP 5s 2250.http://www.soaringusa.com/product.ph...&cat=61&page=6

I dont know if there is enough room on the Viper but I used the "snake" On one model and on my last model I did a corbon rod. I will never use the snake again. Nothing wrong with it but the carbon rod works awesome.

Terry

c54fun is offline Find More Posts by c54fun
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c54fun View Post
Not sure about Gens Ace but SoaringUSA sells a TP 5s 2250.http://www.soaringusa.com/product.ph...&cat=61&page=6

I dont know if there is enough room on the Viper but I used the "snake" On one model and on my last model I did a corbon rod. I will never use the snake again. Nothing wrong with it but the carbon rod works awesome.

Terry

what dimension of CF rod do you use? for X-tail the CF-rod must be superior but for T-tail it's a bit trickier to get it working as the pivot would be a true challenge to most people
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post

By the way, where the heck can I get a Gens Ace 5S 2200-ish 55C battery in the States? I've seen the 30C, but no 55C here in the US.

Here's a link to a place where they can be found in the UK, but I haven't been able to find them in the US...

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-2200m...-p-406488.html

Anybody?

Thanks.

Tim
Hi! The GensACE are made by ACEPOW Electronics Co. Ltd in China and sold under different brands and names all over the world, GensACE being one of those names.
I have not been able to get a confirmation about this yet, but I do expect the "Genesis Power" LiPos marketed by Bananahobby to be of the same make. The 5S2200 55C has the exact same attributes as the Gens ACE 55C I got from Giantcod, so there's reason to suspect they are all the same.
Again, this is a suspicion - not confirmed by any parties.
http://www.bananahobby.com/gp5522005s.html
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:27 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,820 Posts
Is it form factor or C-rating that makes you choose a certain brand?
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:50 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
Is it form factor or C-rating that makes you choose a certain brand?
Depends on the application in my case. Basically I want to find the max C-rate lipo (true rate) to fit within given physical constraints. Add price, availability, testimonials and your own experience to narrow the search.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Jan 20, 2012 at 02:59 AM.