to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:55 PM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by la528it View Post
Look at motor/gb I put together for Juan when he visits next week, and PLEASE charge video batteries first
I'm not bringing that motor. It'll be one of the new Neu motors that arrived recently We'll see if the wing stays on.

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:43 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,688 Posts
Holy Crap thats all I have to say. The maiden went real well. I balanced the Viper at 57.5mm and it was right on. First flight was around 4 minutes with fast passes and some cool down laps. The batteries were just warm and the Ice 100 was warm but not hot. The ARC motor wasnt hot either. I have direct cooling on it so I think the cooling vents I put on the nose work quite well.

Second flight I bumped a switch and my elevator didnt stay in the same throws. So I pulled up slow, landed and figured out what I bumped and relaunched. It was overcast so seeing the Viper was a challenge. I need some bright strips on the top of the wing.

My friend Jason took some video and Ill post it when he gets it done. I think he got enough footage for some doppler speed conversions.

Im real happy with it. I only shook for about 10 mins after the flight. Its Cool.

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Last edited by Goinav8n; Jan 01, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 09:08 PM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinav8n View Post
Holy Crap thats all I have to say. The maiden went real well. I balanced the Viper at 57.5mm and it was right on. First flight was around 4 minutes with fast passes and some cool down laps. The batteries were just warm and the Ice 100 was warm but not hot. The ARC motor wasnt hot either. I have direct cooling on it so I think the cooling vents I put on the nose work quite well.

Second flight I bumped a switch and my elevator didnt stay in the same throws. So I pulled up slow, landed and figured out what I bumped and relaunched. It was overcast so seeing the Viper was a challenge. I need some bright strips on the top of the wing.

My friend Jason took some video and Ill post it when he gets it done. I think he got enough footage for some doppler speed conversions.

Im real happy with it. I only shook for about 10 mins after the flight. Its Cool.

Jeff
Congrats on the successful maiden! Was this the 5s 2200 setup? Will you be checking the logger to see how many amps/watts you were doing? Would love to know.
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Jan 01, 2011, 11:46 PM
Jeff Carr
Joined Mar 2001
2,688 Posts
I believe the image in my last post is the last flight. You can see where I was on the ground and then the real Data begins.

I see over 1800 watts and 111 amps for a little but around 1400-1500 watts and 85-90 amps Pretty cool stuff

Jeff
Last edited by Goinav8n; Jan 01, 2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:04 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,803 Posts
Video ??
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jan 02, 2011, 07:30 AM
Jeff Carr
Joined Mar 2001
2,688 Posts
Still waiting on my friend for the video

Jeff
Old Jan 02, 2011, 02:14 PM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinav8n View Post
I believe the image in my last post is the last flight. You can see where I was on the ground and then the real Data begins.

I see over 1800 watts and 111 amps for a little but around 1400-1500 watts and 85-90 amps Pretty cool stuff

Jeff
Very nice! So thats around 40-50c discharge on those 2200's. What C rating are those packs? looks like they are sagging down to around 3.2v per cell under load.
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Jan 02, 2011, 04:37 PM
Jeff Carr
Joined Mar 2001
2,688 Posts
Yea the batteries are cheapies Flightpower 40c batteries. I saw that sag too but that is the second pair of batteries. The others didnt seems to be as bad. Im gonna have to get some TP 45c batteries. I know they are better in my Escape.

I did have some flutter on the end of one flight. I believe the elevator was doing it. I added some CA around the wire on the horn which tightened it up. No flutter after that.

It will probably be a week before I get the chance to fly her again

Jeff
Old Jan 02, 2011, 05:53 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,803 Posts
flutter in a Viper? must be first time Ive heard that, and on elevator to, strange .....

What servos are you using in elevator and ailerons ?
I hope you have glued the snake/wire inside the fuselage
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:08 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperWj View Post
Dude!!!! That launch is SICK!!!!

Joe
jjmouris is online now Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:25 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,275 Posts
That launch kills me everytime I watch it.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:30 PM
zoom zoom
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
What should have the launcher done to prevent this insane cluster fudge of a launch?
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Old Jan 02, 2011, 09:36 PM
Why you swing so hard?
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,272 Posts
Yiming, were you trying to hover that Viper?

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Old Jan 02, 2011, 10:02 PM
Jeff Carr
Joined Mar 2001
2,688 Posts
I had to watch that launch about 5 times. A little bit of a wild ride for a while. That prop sure cavitates during that launch.

I think the flutter on my Viper was the elevator. I had a little slop on the control horn. It was very quick and stapped as soon as I fed a little elevator in.

Im running a digital 94803 airtronics on the elevator. Its plenty strong.

Jeff