HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2009, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
Discussion
m5 anderson body 'R' clip mod

i have been on the lathe all day and making and fitting bits and cutting my hands to pieces well this is what i have came up with after a hole days work hope you guys think its cool if enouth intresst i will be thinking of making for order

Rear body mount all it is a drilled and tapped bit of round bar with a screw one sode and for easy changing and matinance a smaller bar on the other side that go's into where the exhaust normaly go's as you can see from picture 3 the hole that is nearist the back. i have used a 3mm allen key screw for one side and its very strong, and also used another 3mm screw to hold the rear body mount on at the bottom.

and front body mount is another bit of round bar with a 5.9mm drill for the allen key head to go in so that the 'R' clip can go strat through and to save weaight i have taken a bit more off at the bottom but left a lip do the the body shell has somthing to sit on, i have used a 3mm allen key screw that screws into the hole that the normal front body screw comes from,

DangerRider is offline Find More Posts by DangerRider
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2009, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
This is how it looks (sorry i didnt have the same 'R' clips to hand), but here we go,
First up is the Front body mount,
Secondly the rear body mount,
the last two are a pic of how it looks like of the two together i have tryed to keep the low profile as it was before with the cross head screw

thank you for your time and would like your feedback and will take it all onbored to do the finishing detal to make it better

i will be making some more for spares but if anyone would like a set give me a PM and il get the knocked up,
Old Oct 07, 2009, 01:38 AM
Old enough to know better
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Great idea - PM sent.

Drew
drewpyfz6 is offline Find More Posts by drewpyfz6
Old Oct 07, 2009, 06:36 AM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
thanks drew read your pm's

cheers Kris
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:13 AM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Received my new M5 body posts (thanks Kris), and they are very well made.

Straight screw on... really nice.

Rider and bike

Going to be fitting them very soon.

Will be very good to be able to remove the body work by just releasing the pins, rather than having to unscrew the screws.

Great simple idea.

Cheers,
Drew
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:33 AM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
And - 5 mins later....

Brilliant...
Very easy to fit.
Got to say these are a very good addition to the M5. Well done Kris.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:39 AM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
thanks Drew, im very gald you like them and they were very easy to fit

i hope they work for you as the prototypes are surviving with me hehe hope yours will do the same,

they look very smart and up to date, what is it like to take your shell off and put on? all nice and easy or bit tight?

thanks Kris
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:41 AM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
anybody els would like some the ones that Drew is displaying is what you will get as i have now made my own rear pin bit as the first picture was an old mclarney one,

i am working on the final stage of the wheelie bar as the first set went tits up when i flipped it as the hole was too big, watch this space for the wheelie bar
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:16 AM
North West, UK
Joined Sep 2007
448 Posts
Very quick getting the body off now....
No problem, pull the pins and off it comes.

Look forward to seeing your wheelie bar..

What design are you using?
Metal loop like Mr Bisco mounted in a receiver holder or side rails like the ARX version, with roller on the end?

As long as it saves that expensive body work...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:54 PM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
sweet gald to hear it,

im doing a metal loop but with two round holders but i am working on a better holder at the moment so the body mounts like yours can stay fitted where they are and the wheelie bar go's under the body holder so it helps keep the wheelie bar at one hight so it saves your rear mud guard,

hopfuly i should get them done this week but the workshops got a bit mannic at the moment lol doing little bits now and again
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:02 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Kris, you bringing some sets of these to sell at the Cotswolds GP by any chance? :-)
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:25 PM
Joined Sep 2009
24 Posts
i might do if you like