Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:21 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
That is a great explanation, thank you. I still don't really know what I have though. I have a Turnigy 80amp plush with UBEC.. is that switching, external, internal?

Thank you
SBOTI74 is offline Find More Posts by SBOTI74
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:57 PM
Joined Nov 2003
688 Posts
Hey guys, i just ordered this controller for my habu (the original heats too much 4 my taste).

Did i make a wise choice? it has good reviews...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10331
vasek is offline Find More Posts by vasek
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:25 PM
crashing build's character.
United States, AL, Dora
Joined Mar 2008
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek View Post
Hey guys, i just ordered this controller for my habu (the original heats too much 4 my taste).

Did i make a wise choice? it has good reviews...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=10331
yes you made a great choice.
onefastxp is offline Find More Posts by onefastxp
Old Aug 28, 2011, 02:13 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
That is a great explanation, thank you. I still don't really know what I have though. I have a Turnigy 80amp plush with UBEC.. is that switching, external, internal?

Thank you

You are welcome. Do you have the link the ESC you bought?
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
You are welcome. Do you have the link the ESC you bought?
Absolutly... Here's the link to the Turnigy 80A Plush with UBEC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3727

Thank you again guys.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 04:19 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,802 Posts
6 channel Spectrum

Still waiting for my foam Habu...I purchased a 6 channel RX Spectrum..with my X9303...should be nice..How do I hook up the controls on Ailerons... Left channel to AIL and where does the right channel go to?? Aux.1?? How about the steering for the front...I cannot run a seperate channel for RUDD ...not enough channels!! I have 10-15 retracts aswell.
1. Throttle.
2. Aileron
3. ELEV
4. RUDD
5. GEAR
6. AUX 1
So I guess I have to do a Rudd Mix with the steering??
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Aug 28, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Still waiting for my foam Habu...I purchased a 6 channel RX Spectrum..with my X9303...should be nice..How do I hook up the controls on Ailerons... Left channel to AIL and where does the right channel go to?? Aux.1?? How about the steering for the front...I cannot run a seperate channel for RUDD ...not enough channels!! I have 10-15 retracts aswell.
1. Throttle.
2. Aileron
3. ELEV
4. RUDD
5. GEAR
6. AUX 1
So I guess I have to do a Rudd Mix with the steering??

The Habu comes with two Y-harnesses, one to join the ailerons onto one channel and the other to combine rudder and nose steering. I removed one y harness (rudder/steering) and plugged them separately into my Rx. But with the basic wiring as it comes you will only need 4 channels (Throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder/steering). I don't have retracts, but since you do then you'll need one more channel for that. So at minimum, you can have all functions including retracts on 5 channels.
Jae14 is offline Find More Posts by Jae14
Old Aug 28, 2011, 05:17 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,045 Posts
Sure rimripper, prob won't be able to get out to the field again till the weekend
My battery does come down hot but I feel there is not enough cooling at the moment so I'll see what I can do there.

What esc are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Spyda,would you be able to do a 3 sec. Run into the camera and 3 sec. Out of it?I've also got a hot setup I need to run,it was going to be 6s but it's alot of amps and it was hard on my lipo's.The 5s still makes almost 1800 watts after a 7 second static,(slow startup)

I do like your new setup though!!!
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Aug 28, 2011, 05:21 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Absolutly... Here's the link to the Turnigy 80A Plush with UBEC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=3727

Thank you again guys.
I know Hobbyking buys Hobbywing ESCs and rebadges them as Turnigy. It looks a lot like the Hobbywing 80 amp. Usually Hobbyking states it is switchmode BEC. Why not just buy the Hobbywing from Target Hobby for $18 less?
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2011, 05:50 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,438 Posts
I was running a Ice lite,with the heat shrink opened on the ends for better airflow,on 6s I pulled 150 amps static,it's more my lipo's getting hurt than anything.I'll just run it on 5s for now.
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:07 PM
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I know Hobbyking buys Hobbywing ESCs and rebadges them as Turnigy. It looks a lot like the Hobbywing 80 amp. Usually Hobbyking states it is switchmode BEC. Why not just buy the Hobbywing from Target Hobby for $18 less?
Oh, I didn't buy it... I got it in a trade with a new Extreme Flight Extra... Just don't know what UBEC is exactly. Copy on the rebadging. I figured that's what it was.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:09 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,045 Posts
i might look at the CC ice light aswell as they seam to handle there Amp rating no issue.
im not sure how many amp's im pulling on 5s as my amp meter only reads up to 100amps. the 4s set up settles and holds around 90 - 95 amps full power on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
I was running a Ice lite,with the heat shrink opened on the ends for better airflow,on 6s I pulled 150 amps static,it's more my lipo's getting hurt than anything.I'll just run it on 5s for now.
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,802 Posts
Servos

I have some HS-65-HB servos..Are these good for the Aileron? Are they good for the steering? What is a ggod recomendation for servos on this air frame? I have the Habu 32 on 5085's but that overkill on a foamy!The 65's come in metal gear aswell. Any input is super cool! Thanx!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,830 Posts
I have a five channel Rx. I used the Y for my steering and rudder, but I put the left aileron on the gear channel so I could do spoilerons. Works great.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:49 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
3,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
I have a five channel Rx. I used the Y for my steering and rudder, but I put the left aileron on the gear channel so I could do spoilerons. Works great.
This may sound stupid... Im a Heli guy with a Habu32/1409-2Y with a Foam Habu coming BUT What are soilerons? Should I set them up in my Foamy? I have a X9303...