SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2009, 09:14 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1
That would just be repeating the mistake made on the E-flite F-16. When it comes to motors and fans, there are already lots of good choices, and people who already know what they want, and want to use what they are already familiar with. (for example: Having to buy an included motor&fan that I don't want is the only thing that has held me back from buying the Sapac F-16.)
If you send an email to Janette@sapacamerica.com, I think you can get a bare bones kit, it's just not listed.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:37 PM
Wren, Fromeco, JetiUSA, Esprit
Joined Feb 2008
124 Posts
I saw two of the proto HABU's fly recently. They fly very nice, very predicable. Im guessing around 100. reminds me of a foamy version of a BVM Bandit or Electra..

I heard it will come with the V15 and a 3600kv and a 4cell pack in the bind and fly, and a Plug and Play version too. I think that setup would yield about 700 watts. Im sure it can be souped up from there. It looked pretty solid. I will get one I suppose. I hope they offer a bare airframe too..
GooseF22 is offline Find More Posts by GooseF22
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:49 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,882 Posts
I like it, Dave, I assume it hand launches well?
David Hogue is online now Find More Posts by David Hogue
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:20 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseF22
I saw two of the proto HABU's fly recently. They fly very nice, very predicable. Im guessing around 100. reminds me of a foamy version of a BVM Bandit or Electra..

I heard it will come with the V15 and a 3600kv and a 4cell pack in the bind and fly, and a Plug and Play version too. I think that setup would yield about 700 watts. Im sure it can be souped up from there. It looked pretty solid. I will get one I suppose. I hope they offer a bare airframe too..

Where the heck is the vid???
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
The parkzone habu will be released at Ihobby in the week of Oct 22. Parkzone will also release a few more NEW MICRO and park flyers as well!

Looking at the list on whats going to released I would get a dx6i or dx7, something with model memory to get more BNF's! Hope that helps!
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1
No, I meant the E-flite F-16. When it originally came out in October 2008 (link), it was NOT available airframe-only, you had to get it with the motor and fan. It wasn't until many months later (July 2009 to be specific, see this link) that they finally came out with the airframe-only version. By then the interest in the plane had died down...so I think they kind of had unfortunate timing, marketingwise. Personally I wasn't interested in that little F-16 anyway because of the small size...same reason I haven't gotten a Phase 3. This new "Habu" looks to be more my preferred size.

I don't do any online bartering/selling or any hassle like that. If a plane is only available with junk I don't want included, then I don't want the plane.
wise... the f-16 is truly a bad plane had one stock setup was garbage. put in a delta 480, faster garbage, E-flat (formerly Eflite) dropped the ball on that one.
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:27 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud
The parkzone habu will be released at Ihobby in the week of Oct 22. Parkzone will also release a few more NEW MICRO and park flyers as well!

Looking at the list on whats going to released I would get a dx6i or dx7, something with model memory to get more BNF's! Hope that helps!

Source??
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:43 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
Source??
Yeah what he said!
bighead93 is online now Find More Posts by bighead93
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
Joined Sep 2004
764 Posts
The Habu huh? I'll have to come up with the appropriate snake decal. We avoided the bushes on Okinawa as a kid so we didn't get bit.

Looks hot!
ssgtakeo is offline Find More Posts by ssgtakeo
Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:38 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
if everyone is nice Ill let you guys in a few details of the releases tommorrow
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:19 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud
if everyone is nice Ill let you guys in a few details of the releases tommorrow
Tease........
southernmd_man is online now Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:35 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
plenty of room for flaps, shame they aren't pre-molded...

I might try out some of the new small electric retracts too. Good stuff!
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:34 AM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
I think it's great that ParkZone is comming out with this plane! Just a few observations while reading this thread,,, yes it will probably come complete ready to fly, like someone else said, if ya don't like the fan/motor, use it in something else, or sell it(someone is always looking for good stuff),, It's an ARF or RTF plane, don't like the looks change it! How many variations of the great Phase III EF16 do we see out there and the mods to it! wow, what else could ya say! It sounds like it will fly pretty good especially for something that is that complete, and with ParkZone's record we shouldn't expect anything less... Yes, it's pricey, especially compared to the EF16 (which I have and is a fantastic flying plane!),, will it be as successful as the EF16? That's anyone's best guess at this point in time.. I still think it is great that the company is getting into the EDF arena, I can remember when NO ONE was selling anything affordable in jets,, so I just sat on the side lines watching and dreaming, now I can fly jets too! EDF's and Pushers!!!! "Room for all" is a pretty good saying in this hobby(habbit)!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing this one too!! Walt
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Oct 15, 2009, 04:22 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
I'm not sure about the paint job but, I do like the plane itself. Also 3 close LHS's always have Parkzone parts in stock so this will be my next EDF if it comes out soon. Probably have to wait a while for the release though.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Oct 15, 2009, 05:14 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmd_man
Tease........
here you go!

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3980