HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Z06 Tony, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:44 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,189 Posts
Trader Rating: 160
For Sale
96 Dodge Intrepid w/$12,000+ invested in custom paint/stereo

I am the 2nd Owner. I purchased in 1998 and have never driven it in the winter. It is lowered about 2" using eibach pro kit. The wheels are in need of rechroming or replacement. The wheels are chrome elite alloys 18". The tires are brand NEW Kumho directional 245/40ZR18. I also have the stock 16" wheels. They are in good shape. The brake rotors and drums are new. The vehicle has been very well maintained. I have replaced the timing belt, radiator, water pump, head & gasket, oil pump, motor mounts, and more.

The exhaust is original and in good shape due to no winters.The underneath of the car is mint and no rust. The body was just repainted using house of Kolor Ice Blue Pearl in the clear. It is an ATTENTION GETTER without being gaudy like metal flake. It looks better under sunlight and street lights. The interior is in very good condition.

The trunk is motorized open & close with 2 Screens in the top of trunk. You can either watch and listen to the trunk DVD playr or in car DVD player. Also has a DVD player in the trunk+ battery. amps are light up with neons. center amp is floating. Subs are hidden in back deck. Has remote start, alarm + motorized trunk. The paint was $3,000. The A/V install labor alone was $5,000.00 and 2 months.

You might wonder why I put so much into an dodge intreprid. I am 44 years old and hate little import cars. I like mid size cars that have a back seat you can sit in. It is very sharp car. You have to see it appreciate it. BTW, the thing hanging on the dash is a switch I had added but was not mounted yet to put power to the system without the keys in the ignition. Check out the video!

List of A/V equipment:

JBL BPX2200.1 2200 WATT RMS bass amp-$1000

JBL PX600.2 600 watt stereo amp-$300x2=$600

JBL GTI-10" subs-$200x2=$400

JBL C608GTI 6.5" components-$300x2=$600

Clarion 5.1 center channel-$100

Jensen 5.1 DVD/CD motorized head unit-$400

Headrest 6.5" LCD screens-$250x2=$500

headrest 7" LCD screens(mounted in trunk lid)-$150x2=$300

Trunk mounted DVD player w/IR in car for in car operation+input for video game-$100

4ch wireless headphonesx4+booster in trunk for outside car HIGH END-$400

Can listen to DVD in trunk,in dash dvd or radio,XM(wired for it) all through headphones Also have DAC(digital to analogue)converter built in.

Yellow top battery-$150x2=$300

resetable fuses(like for home)-$100

0 gauge wire/RCA/fuse blocks etc... $500

200amp custom built alternator-$400

parts for motorized trunk-$200

remote start/alarm etc... $200

I WILL SELL IT FOR $5,000 OBO

Intreprid (7 min 50 sec)
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:08 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Hi,

I am not slamming you however, Kelly Blue Book lists that particular car at $1545. in good condition and $1745.00 in excellent condition. Intrepids (and Stratus) were known for having head gaskets fail & water pumps go out. Crappy design. ( I know as I owned one, my last Dodge I will ever buy)

Well, anyway, good luck in the sale. It does have some nice trinkets and gizmos.

Take care
subsinker is online now Find More Posts by subsinker
Old Oct 05, 2009, 02:47 PM
Winston Salem, NC
Joined Aug 2006
276 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsinker
Hi,

I am not slamming you however, Kelly Blue Book lists that particular car at $1545. in good condition and $1745.00 in excellent condition. Intrepids (and Stratus) were known for having head gaskets fail & water pumps go out. Crappy design. ( I know as I owned one, my last Dodge I will ever buy)

Well, anyway, good luck in the sale. It does have some nice trinkets and gizmos.

Take care
This probably would have been better said in a PM.

L.
MikeinNC is offline Find More Posts by MikeinNC
Old Oct 05, 2009, 04:38 PM
Oldbie
Palmdale, CA.
Joined May 2005
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
Which part of you post wasn't a slam??????
Cuz I mess that nonslam part!!!!!!!!!!
I think your name should be Postsinker.
bhbs is offline Find More Posts by bhbs
Old Oct 05, 2009, 05:21 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsinker
Hi,

Take care
If you took 2 mins to read you would see I already replaced water pump, head, head gasket. The condition is more like EXCELLENT CONDITION Custom car. Maybe you did not take the time to read the ad or watch the vid but you did have time to look it up. Besides who ever heard of a custom stereo, custom paint, motorized trunk being called trinkets and gizmos. The retail on the BP2200.1 alone is over $1200. Here is a guy(loud steve)who had 2 of them he bought direct from JBL like me(I was a dealer)for $1,000 each and hit 160db-> http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
FWIW, I am POSITIVE if someone was interested in the car they would know that blue book is under what I am selling the car for.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Z06 Tony; Oct 05, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2009, 05:36 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
No I think Jerk would be better. If you took 2 mins to read you would see I already replaced water pump, head, head gasket. The condition is more like EXCELLENT CONDITION Custom car. Maybe you did not take the time to read the ad or watch the vid but you did have time to look it up. Besides who ever heard of a custom stereo, custom paint, motorized trunk being called trinkets and gizmos. The retail on the BP2200.1 alone is over $1200. Here is a guy(loud steve)who had 2 of them he bought direct from JBL like me(I was a dealer)for $1,000 each and hit 160db-> http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
FWIW, I am POSITIVE if someone was interested in the car they would know that blue book is under what I am selling the car for.

Good luck in your sale. Hope it all works out for you. Like I said to someone offline, you can put a nice blanket on a pig but it is still a pig.

best regards
subsinker is online now Find More Posts by subsinker
Old Oct 05, 2009, 05:36 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
the car aside the extra work done shows far more than the asking price. Look like a decent instal on the AV stuff..

(My Son Shows a 2006 SRT8 Charger, Will be at SEMA This Year) I can apreciate the work in this ride..

Good Luck with the sale and ignore the hater...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Oct 05, 2009, 06:17 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
the car aside the extra work done shows far more than the asking price. Look like a decent instal on the AV stuff..

(My Son Shows a 2006 SRT8 Charger, Will be at SEMA This Year) I can apreciate the work in this ride..

Good Luck with the sale and ignore the hater...
Thanks man. My brother has the SRT8 300C. Almost the same car only a little slower and loves it. It is fast but big unlike a typical sports car. Thats why he got it. His is the Burgandy that looks like Candy Apple Red almost. Has factory forged wheels. My new summer car is in my gallery behind my Trex 600 but I am sure you can figure it out.
BTW His mindless posts dont bother me. Trolls are everywhere.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2009, 06:44 PM
Strongsville, OH
Joined May 2007
2,415 Posts
Trader Rating: 80
anychance ur selling that yellow corvette?
ihor14448 is offline Find More Posts by ihor14448
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:07 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
Quote:
Trolls are everywhere
Quote:
I am 44 years old and hate little import cars
Quote:
I EAT RICE BURNERS

I guess you're right about the trolls

You know there are plenty of imports out there that would have the same size back seat as an Intrepid, right?

Signed, your friendly neighborhood rice burner owner
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Oct 05, 2009, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming

I guess you're right about the trolls

You know there are plenty of imports out there that would have the same size back seat as an Intrepid, right?

Signed, your friendly neighborhood rice burner owner
Not sure what your point is. You must have never sat in the backseat of an Intrepid cus I know of no import compact car that has a big backseat. I dont clasify a Honda passport as a rice burner. Anyone that knows about cars knows exactly what I mean.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2009, 09:51 PM
Strongsville, OH
Joined May 2007
2,415 Posts
Trader Rating: 80
i dont know whats a big deal about all those "rice burners" yes honda, toyota and other asian cars might have some low performance cars like civic and corolla, but they also have the honda nsx and the toyota supra which are sooo awesome! same with chevy, they are american, same as the asian cars, low performance cars like cavalier and cobalt, high performance camaro!
mitsubishi also has some great models like the 3000gt and the evo, same as subaru that has the WRX beasts!
most or alot of the foreign cars are actually pretty powerfull if you pay the price tag!
ihor14448 is offline Find More Posts by ihor14448
Old Oct 05, 2009, 10:16 PM
WARP SPEED SCOTTY!
Bowling Green Ky
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Ricer burners got there bad name from there owners for the most part. Some are cool most are not. Wouldn't trade my cammed 00 Z-28 Convertible for one though!

Good luck with the sale
skewba98z28 is offline Find More Posts by skewba98z28
Old Oct 05, 2009, 10:21 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor14448
i dont know whats a big deal about all those "rice burners" yes honda, toyota and other asian cars might have some low performance cars like civic and corolla, but they also have the honda nsx and the toyota supra which are sooo awesome! same with chevy, they are american, same as the asian cars, low performance cars like cavalier and cobalt, high performance camaro!
mitsubishi also has some great models like the 3000gt and the evo, same as subaru that has the WRX beasts!
most or alot of the foreign cars are actually pretty powerfull if you pay the price tag!
Sorry the Z06 is not for sale.
Hey bro, I am not saying that import tuner cars are not fast. Its just if I race one they just see my tail lights. I used to own a Chrysler Conquest TSI(made by (Mitsubishi)so I am really just messin. Besides the Infiniti G35 in the background of the vid is mine also but I dont consider that a compact car but it is actually a rice burner(Nissan).
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2009, 11:31 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Jan 2009
1,421 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
Cool car! Good luck with the sale.
lazer155 is offline Find More Posts by lazer155