HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2009, 08:56 PM
Joined Dec 2001
139 Posts
Discussion
Dynam E Razor 250 - Anyone else got one ?

Hi has anyone had any experience with the dynam e razor 250?

Hate to start a new thread but I did a search for 'dynam 250', found two threads, asked for info, but no one seems to be sharing their experiences with this heli.

It looks like a pretty good deal for $170 on xheli and the bits all look slightly better than totally budget gear. http://www.xheli.com/newe250me3db.html

I'm going to order one later tonight just to satisfy my curiosity, and am just wondering if there's anyone else out there to talk about it with.
iamDerrick is offline Find More Posts by iamDerrick
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2009, 10:02 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
I would go for the Gaui 200 at flying hobby. Every now and then he has a 24hr special. I think you could get one for $160 shipped. I'm not liking the plastic frame on that razor.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Oct 06, 2009, 06:38 AM
Joined Dec 2001
139 Posts
thanks for the reply !

I'm actually taken by the Dynam because of its plastic frame, I'm under the (possibly incorrect) impression that plastic absorbs hits and bumps better for the same weight at the smaller scales.

The gaui's are like a whole new level of seriousness that I'm just not willing to invest the time/money in I guess. They are very nice though....I once tried a pretty early model that had plastic frames , cant remember what it was called and even that was pretty smooth.
Old Oct 06, 2009, 01:16 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
When the frame flexes it introduces all kinds of new problems that are hard to track down. Because the Gaui 200 is so light, usually not much breaks in a crash. I've seen a guy doing some hardcore 3D and fly it right into a telephone pole. Only $20 in repairs and the frame was not damaged at all.

The other problem with that RTF stuff is you will eventually get sick of the cheap electronics and want to buy a spectrum radio, better servos, better gyro, better esc, better motor and now you have spent way more money than if you just did it right in the first place. The other thing is if you build it and set it up, you will know how to fix it after a crash.

Btw there are so many possible problems to track down, so for your own sanity isn't it better to get good electronics and rule out those problems from the start? I think this is important especially for beginners.
Old Oct 06, 2009, 01:30 PM
Joined Dec 2001
139 Posts
Thanks, all sound advice for sure. I've been flying helis for some time though so I already have lots of decent gear when things go wrong.

Same for the Gaui actually, I already have a set of pico + servos and rcmart gyro from a pixy zap, but just looking for the instant gratification factor here with the 250.

In the recent years I've actually found rtf electronics surprisingly decent though? Not quite as disposable as they used to be. That gyro on the dynam might still be a throwaway though.
Old Oct 06, 2009, 01:36 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Well, since you have the experience to keep it up in the air. Give us a report on it when you get it. Good luck
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:03 PM
Joined Jul 2005
210 Posts
sorry i have been away and didn't get to post any reviews. Overall I've been very pleased. The heli has flown very well. I've only had a few small adjustments out of the box and it s been great. The controller is good enough that i haven changed out the rx to my futaba. There is an expo switch witch really make it slow to respond but maybe it will help a newbie. I had to loosen the belt abit and readjust the main gear pinion mesh (it was too tight). I've also been using an eflight 700 mah 2s battery and using the included charger. The heli seems a little underpowered for full on 3d but I've been sport flying outside and it flies well. The idle up curve is not adjustable but seems O.K. The gyro is also "fair" It holds well but seems a bit glitchy nothing major but noticeable once or twice a pack. If i had more time i would try my telebee and put in a futaba rx, maybe try it on 3s. I would have to check to motor and esc ratings. Maybe a new motor and esc down the road. But it flies so well i probably will leave it alone till i have a failure or crash. Overall the electrics have functioned well and i am impressed with the frame and cnc work. If you don't have alot of time, have a decent amount of knowledge and a little experience this is a good heli for the money.
djs7795 is offline Find More Posts by djs7795
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:12 AM
Doral, FL
Joined Mar 2004
24 Posts
My e-razor 250 would loose throttle for split seconds all of a sudden. After switching the Rx to a 2.4Ghz and usign my dx6i, much much better. Agree with djs7795 on the cnc work. If a trex 250 is a bit over your budget, this is the one to get. I was looking at trying out the exi-250 kit which seems pretty good too.
clou001 is offline Find More Posts by clou001
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:13 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clou001 View Post
My e-razor 250 would loose throttle for split seconds all of a sudden. After switching the Rx to a 2.4Ghz and usign my dx6i, much much better. Agree with djs7795 on the cnc work. If a trex 250 is a bit over your budget, this is the one to get. I was looking at trying out the exi-250 kit which seems pretty good too.
Ahhhh I get the same problem. I might just go cheap and get that exceed 2.4, why put money on something we will never make into a hot rod. But so far its decent, it fly and i get my fixed. The tail slider is sticky, I think its the nature of how the tail grip is made (kindof sucks). From that i get a bounce, i'm going to get a better more torq servo and speed probably Futaba S3114 (.10sec) and maybe just bring down the trow for the tail. I think the gyro is good enough as a telebee without needing using subtrim for taking out the creep. And buy some spare parts and those 5 dollar blue lipo 950ma 2s lipo from hobby partz and take it to mexico trip.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:15 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs7795 View Post
sorry i have been away and didn't get to post any reviews. Overall I've been very pleased. The heli has flown very well. I've only had a few small adjustments out of the box and it s been great. The controller is good enough that i haven changed out the rx to my futaba. There is an expo switch witch really make it slow to respond but maybe it will help a newbie. I had to loosen the belt abit and readjust the main gear pinion mesh (it was too tight). I've also been using an eflight 700 mah 2s battery and using the included charger. The heli seems a little underpowered for full on 3d but I've been sport flying outside and it flies well. The idle up curve is not adjustable but seems O.K. The gyro is also "fair" It holds well but seems a bit glitchy nothing major but noticeable once or twice a pack. If i had more time i would try my telebee and put in a futaba rx, maybe try it on 3s. I would have to check to motor and esc ratings. Maybe a new motor and esc down the road. But it flies so well i probably will leave it alone till i have a failure or crash. Overall the electrics have functioned well and i am impressed with the frame and cnc work. If you don't have alot of time, have a decent amount of knowledge and a little experience this is a good heli for the money.

What do you think about the tail? Have you took off the pushrod from the tail slider and moved it with you're hand? Do you get any bounce on oneway?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:16 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
http://www.hobbypartz.com/83p-950mah-2s1p-74-15c.html

Good price too.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:33 PM
sylvan lake ab
Joined Aug 2010
94 Posts
I have a blade sr would this be a good next step I don't want to jump into a trex right away but I eventualy want to fly the trex 600 nitro
Buud9 is offline Find More Posts by Buud9
Last edited by Buud9; Sep 29, 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: iPod spell check LOL
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:52 PM
Doral, FL
Joined Mar 2004
24 Posts
Stripped my tail grips screws on the erazor 250, ended up ordering new tail grips from xheli. I ordered a copterx 250 rtf with case and all for around $200 shipped. Received this week and had to swap the receiver, so ended up with a paperweight tx. Everything else was good and it came with a super fast tail servo to my amazement. Much responsive than the erazor.
clou001 is offline Find More Posts by clou001
Old Oct 04, 2010, 06:46 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clou001 View Post
Stripped my tail grips screws on the erazor 250, ended up ordering new tail grips from xheli. I ordered a copterx 250 rtf with case and all for around $200 shipped. Received this week and had to swap the receiver, so ended up with a paperweight tx. Everything else was good and it came with a super fast tail servo to my amazement. Much responsive than the erazor.
I ditch the radio system its alright but don't like it, i baught a exceed 2.4 radio also baught a fast futaba s3114 servo for the tail. .10sec 4.8v and 6v .08 what a huge improvement seriously i was suprise. Tail is locked in now and i got rid of the bounce it had. Tail slider is sticky and i don't like it I might end up replacing the tail section with a trex 250 if it fit.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:26 PM
Joined Sep 2010
7 Posts
Anyone know where I could get an instruction manual? I bought a used one. I like it. I fly it with a spektrum rx and the tx that came with my blade sr. I am very new but it seems to fly steadier than my SR.
windsomniac is offline Find More Posts by windsomniac