HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:30 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Nice project. Looking forward to seeing the video.

What blades are you going to use on this?

Do you guys think that TRex 500 mechanics would work with this? I would really like to find a Hind kit for my 500.
the world is nothing impossible , just to concern the main gear and the one way bearing can support the power for the motor . if the strangth of the gear and the one way bearing can enough strangth you just change a big motor to the trex 500 .i think the belt is no problem for 600 size power , the scale flying is gentle and slow .i think is possible make a 500 size to Hind . but the main shaft only 8 mm .no rotor head for it
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:56 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:

Do you guys think that TRex 500 mechanics would work with this? I would really like to find a Hind kit for my 500.
Your 500 won't work with this 600 class fuselage
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Nov 20, 2009, 02:06 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:

Im going for 570mm std compositive blades due up to now I havent found any matched
scaleblades fitting a 600 sized machine, all to all thats no problem but would be nice with a smaller corda on the scaleblades.

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:44 AM
Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
Joined Nov 2009
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup View Post
Your 500 won't work with this 600 class fuselage
I will use logo 400
redmall is offline Find More Posts by redmall
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:52 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmall View Post
I will use logo 400
It is perfect match for the Hind !Buy a logo 10 tail boom .and a bigger motor .
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:01 PM
Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
Joined Nov 2009
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
It is perfect match for the Hind !Buy a logo 10 tail boom .and a bigger motor .
I have 5 blades rotor head the same as Jack. Regarding motor, I don't know what I will use.
redmall is offline Find More Posts by redmall
Old Nov 23, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Hello Guys

Sorry to say but for now im closing this thread, this is mainly for two reasons,first is that im electro converting mine Graupner NH 90, second is regarding the SM Hind, for now theres just to many issues regarding this model mainly conserning the aligment of the GF parts, dont know if its just mine model or generally but for now im so tired of this issue so im closing the building for now, biggest problem is that the top hatch is molded in 3 pieces and non of they are fitting each other, it is supposed
to lock the top with magnets but this is impossible right now due the fuse contra tophatch parts dont align, this is normally not a problem but bear in mind that this is
a factory painted fuselage that require so much dremling,drilling readjustment,grinding and finally bondo and paint to hide all the holes for screws that are holding all the parts together because they not align, I cant recomend this fuse to anyone due this issues for now, this matter adresses the painted version, I have invested more than 800
bugs in this model that for now is ending up mine basement for motivation to come
back, when that day is here the Hind is gone be remodelled properly as it should be for the money it cost, also dont understand how it can be stated that this fits a 600 trex or a clone when the mainframes are way to high and need to be cutted down so it not
looks like a toyheli, if this is the same with the unpainted version it is bad but not impossible to fix with bondo and proper screws to fit the parts together, well, in the end I learned a important lesson with this buy, thats it I now understand more why
Hirobo,Graupner, and Vario are so expensive.

BR
Jack
Old Nov 23, 2009, 02:29 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
For the record it should be stated that Kin has contacted me and offer new parts for the top hatch which is much appreciated, its should also be stated
that the issue with missaligned GF part is not a big issue with a plain gelcoat fuse as it has to be grind and bondo anyway, problem lies in that mine fuse is a prepainted which cannot take how much att all with out ruin the paint, Kin also mentioned that the top part maybe had to be redone from factory if this problem adresses more Hind fuses.

BR
Jack
Old Nov 23, 2009, 04:35 PM
Master of turbine fire
Germany, land of inventors
Joined Mar 2005
208 Posts
I just checked my gelcoat kit. Without the woodwork, the GF parts seem not to be in place, but it's easy to push the parts into position and align everything to make a perfect fit.
Some pins and holes to keep the parts in position and the woodwork will keep everything in shape. Also, I don't think that I have to dremel more than usual when building a scale fuselage.
I don't know how much of the wood work is glued into the body by factory, but with the gelcoat version I don't see many problems at the moment.
sycorax is offline Find More Posts by sycorax
Old Nov 24, 2009, 03:53 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Thanks Jack for pointing the top hatch problem out. The current prepainted kits will all be changed to an assemble top hatch, as well as all new production prepainted kits. The gel coat kits will retain the unassembled top hatch.
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:46 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilerbee View Post
Thanks Jack for pointing the top hatch problem out. The current prepainted kits will all be changed to an assemble top hatch, as well as all new production prepainted kits. The gel coat kits will retain the unassembled top hatch.
You welcome Willis, no problem, if some probs solved with the prepainted
Hind it will turn out as fine Kit!

Cheers
jack
Old Nov 24, 2009, 09:47 AM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilerbee View Post
Outstanding response from the front office at TFModel/SmartModel. I'm glad they are looking after their customers in this way.

Cheers - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:41 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Hello Guys

Today after some days without building I went to Hobbyroom again to tackle
the hatch problem, the solution that I figured out was that I cutted out 2 thin aluminiumsheet pieces, one on each side of the turbine intakes that will cover the drilled holes for the screws that are holding the intake hatch on place, looks real good,gone paint them in the same color when the paint that Kin offered arrives, looking on pics of the real one it can been seen that the heli is covered with sheetplates
almost all around, as stated earlier this is a workhorse heli, so for now another one hill is conquered in the Hind building progress Gone post some pics in the near days to clarify what I done.

Cheers
Jack
Last edited by viggen65; Nov 25, 2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:09 PM
Master of turbine fire
Germany, land of inventors
Joined Mar 2005
208 Posts
Good to hear that you proceed with the build. Sometimes you just need a break .. and ideas come on your mind how to solve a problem.
sycorax is offline Find More Posts by sycorax
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:05 AM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,183 Posts
The coming mi-24 Hind complete kit will make the hatch cover near by the jet intake parts complete and less the customer work in this parts , but the wooden parts also will complete the base wooden plate . in fact this is a very diffculf question , if we plue the wooden parts all complete , the customer can not install their other different mechanic . they will damage the fribglass when they want take out the wooden parts and former .So how to set the guide line ? We do want the scale hobby become "nothing to do " in a model .So we are very carefully to make any decision to make a models complete kit , But we will listen the customer feel back and the commend .
We will do it best of the best
RCG Plus Member