Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 15, 2009, 03:41 PM
USA, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jun 2007
326 Posts
Sounds like a great suggestion. Can't wait to see pics.
Heirmeistr is offline Find More Posts by Heirmeistr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Thanks Jack,

Noted, we will go back and check the height issue. We do have the lower side frames, but will require cutting out the bottom fuselage to fit the Align motor.

Thanks again for the comment
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:06 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilerbee View Post
Thanks Jack,

Noted, we will go back and check the height issue. We do have the lower side frames, but will require cutting out the bottom fuselage to fit the Align motor.

Thanks again for the comment
As for now I dont think it will be nessersy, cutting down the mainframes
will leave a small space betveen motor and bottomplate, in worst case
a round hole equal big as the motor has to be cut out, today Im doing the mods, gone post pics when done.

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Old Nov 16, 2009, 04:20 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Ok guys. the mods are done, took about one hour and the result ended up
very nice I think, you can judge by you self according to before and after pics.
what I basically did was that i took a dremel and cuted of the mainframes, first cut was made in line of the bottom of the motor but after som measurment the head still was bit to high in my opinion so I cutted some more,when this was done the motor wasnt anymore in line with the bottom line of mechanics so mods have to be done to the bottom plate, took the dremel and enlarged the hole so the motor fitted in the bottomplate, when the frames was cutted down I took the origin plastic frame plate that are holding the boltholes to attach the mech to the landing skid, those holes are used to attach the mech to the bottom of the fuse, basically I did my own mounts to hold the mechanic of pieces that was in the mech from the beginning so no need to buy som extra stuff.

There is one negative input with this and thats is that the carbon frames are useless if back converting to pod and bom but who does that

Positive is that no need to buy lower frames for this purpose

I noticed also after the mech was lowered that the the tailbom is much better aligned in the tail section of the fuse compared to before and this is very postive, since the head is now much more scalish I think this Hind gone look awesome mean when done, this includes major whetering and some other scalestuff, beware Apacheowners, the Hind is cooming

Da Svedania
Jack
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:46 AM
Master of turbine fire
Germany, land of inventors
Joined Mar 2005
208 Posts
Hi Jack,

nice conversion - i will have to do the same to my Hind as well. Looking at your head - awesome, but I am too lazy to remove the blades for transportation, so I will stay with the original head. In the air, it doesn't make a difference in the appearance anyway - and I want to fly the model.

Keep up the good work :-)
sycorax is offline Find More Posts by sycorax
Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:11 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
So the complete lowered mech

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Good work Jack,

Looks like the height of your cut down frame is almost the same height as our lower side frames for the UH-1. We will offer that as an option for a nominal fee with the Hind kit in future then.

Thanks for the build thread.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:58 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
No probs Willis, but to be honest you really should include frames for the trex owners since as you see in the pics it looks far away from a scalemachine
compared to the lower one as it should be, as its stated on the site that it fits the Rex I think it would be so, just mine two....

Cheeers
Jack
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Thanks Jack,

Will take a look at the cost, might have to adjust pricing to include the side frames.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:37 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
The building goes on in a slow manner, for now the mounting of the top fuse parts are taking most time, have to be honest here and say that GF aligment could be better, thats is noticed when dry fitting the parts together, gone have to do some mods here also but nothing that cannot be done, also begin to like this model more and more especially when the parts are growing together and the final picture is showing it as a scaleheli, have ordered som lipos from Hobbyking and also expecting the scale tailgear that was missing, hopefully it should arrive in the nearest days as Kin said he posted it last week, attached some more pics.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:08 AM
Keep em' flying!
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
147 Posts
Looking good!

I will show the wife the pictures that you are allowed to build tin the living room.... I'm expelled to the cold garage after a mishap with blue locktite and a tail rotor colliding indoors.... Let's say i have to repaint the roof...

Keep the pictures coming.

Lars
DC3_driver is offline Find More Posts by DC3_driver
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:35 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC3_driver View Post
Looking good!

I will show the wife the pictures that you are allowed to build tin the living room.... I'm expelled to the cold garage after a mishap with blue locktite and a tail rotor colliding indoors.... Let's say i have to repaint the roof...

Keep the pictures coming.

Lars
ha ha do you thinks she knows, well if she look here im smoked

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:38 AM
Keep em' flying!
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
147 Posts
I bet she only knows that you only have one helicopter..... and it is not worth more than a 100 $....
DC3_driver is offline Find More Posts by DC3_driver
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:12 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC3_driver View Post
I bet she only knows that you only have one helicopter..... and it is not worth more than a 100 $....
ha ha....Lars...seems like you knows all the hints!!!

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:50 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,206 Posts
Nice project. Looking forward to seeing the video.

What blades are you going to use on this?

Do you guys think that TRex 500 mechanics would work with this? I would really like to find a Hind kit for my 500.
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga