Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:21 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilerbee View Post
If you don't mind non scale look you can try the motorized tail drive system. Vey simple to install and setup. With the tail motor you can run 6s without problems. We fly 6s on a 700-800 with this tail motor setup. You do need an extra 3s for the tail motor.
Are these sold by smartmodel ?.

I might give one a try if I can get one at the right price, will save a lot of problems
SydneyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SydneyFlyer
Last edited by SydneyFlyer; Aug 01, 2012 at 04:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:14 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2009
222 Posts
Last edited by SydneyFlyer; Aug 01, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Hello Newbie here. But I joined a very long time ago.

Is this the $70 Hind shell ?

What scale is this ?

Are all of the rivet and other details on the shell ?

Thanks

pickelhaube is offline Find More Posts by pickelhaube
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:04 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
Hello Newbie here. But I joined a very long time ago.

Is this the $70 Hind shell ?

What scale is this ?

Are all of the rivet and other details on the shell ?

Thanks

If you refering to the tf model hind the rivets and panellines are molded in to the fuse if i dont missmind,bought one but wasnt pleased as fuse was somehow twisted due it was the first batch and should been seen as prototype,dont really now what the fuse cost today but this can easy be checked at the tf model webpage

http://www.tfmodel.com/en/

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Hello Jack,

Thanks for answering.

What scale is this Hind ?

Showing my newbie status I was thinking that the helo in the picture was this one.

The gray one is over $500 the camo green one is $79.99.

Does the $79.99 one any details like the gray one ?

Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:22 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
Hello Jack,

Thanks for answering.

What scale is this Hind ?

Showing my newbie status I was thinking that the helo in the picture was this one.

The gray one is over $500 the camo green one is $79.99.

Does the $79.99 one any details like the gray one ?

I dont know the scale o the tf model hind but if im no wrong its about 1.3 meter long,the green camohind in yours picture is probably a another brand and manufacturer since it cost 80 $, also for shure a smaller class size,i would guess on 450 class fuse,for the exact scale on the tf model hind you could email them and ask,originally its built fo a trex 600 or a swift heli.

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:29 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
811 Posts
Hm....looking on the date i started this thread,..3 years ago...time flies,as it seems even moore than the hinds in this thread, I gave up mine and sold to gustav,he was active in this
Thread for some while and then nothing,also other guys was writing about theirs hinds but not one seems to be finished as a ready to fly hind?...was this a haunted kit....

Cheers
Jack
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:48 PM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
The 79.00 one is a 400 size plastic fuse made by darthdark ... and it does have some detail .... mostly doors and a few panel lines ... no rivets that I can remember .

http://darthdrk.4t.com/photo3_1.html

The white / gray one you show is the TF that cost over 500 and is for the 600 trex

http://tfmodel.com/products/MG600%252d000.html

and I believe that someone makes one for the rex 500 but I can't find it right now .
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Last edited by v22chap; Nov 03, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Thank you guys for the responses.

The reason I am asking the scale is because I want to build one static in 1/18th scale and I was hoping for a good base model.

it seems that the camo one I have posted is around 1/19th scale. But that is probably something that I can work with.

Thanks again guys !!
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2009
222 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the TF wire drive for the tail. Im looking for something other than the belt. There appears to be a number of adjustable torque tube raised tail conversions about which look good.

Any help.

If I end up going with the wire drive Ill post pics

Cheers
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:06 AM
Joined Aug 2008
97 Posts
Tail Work

After a long hiatus (many months of not even touching helicopters) I decided to blow off work and family and attempt a solution for my tail woes of which are amply described within this thread.

1) Fabricated a new motor mount out of aluminum sheet. It is rock solid compared to my old wood and carbon fiber mount.
2) Redesigned the tail actuation with a homemade bell crank design.
3) Mounted the tail servo in the tail as part of the new design.

It ain't pretty, but once its done you won't see it anyway. I tested the tail on the bench and I think I finally have an iteration that will suffice against the torque of my 5 blade 600mm mains. When I moved to the separate motor for the tail I had to actuate the tail differently as well. I used a flexible cable system to do this. I thought I had it anchored well enough, but I just don't think you can anchor the wire systems well enough for a 600 size tail. There was just too much slop. Before, I could hold the tail in my hand and at full deflection the rotors would not produce enough force to make it difficult. This time when I spun up the tail on the bench the tail practically jumps out of my hand at 50%.

It will be little a while before I get a chance to spin up the heli and do an actual hover test. I can only find short moments to work on it so check back whenever.
Fishrider is offline Find More Posts by Fishrider
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:12 PM
France
Joined Jul 2006
23 Posts
Hi

It's nice to have news from your work; I saw the retract gear you have designed, it's very amazing and you give me a lot of idea to build mine...

Yeah, I try to build the hind as you but I don't really have time to spend on it so my project is on pause right now...
I don't use a T-rex mechanics but a thunder tiger e620 raptor so I face some trouble, I had to find a new drive belt, longer than the one provide in the kit. I also had issues between between my main and tail rotor, the blade hitted each other so I had to redesin an new frame.

At the begining, I wanted to have a fast removal tail which will be put in place on the main fuse after the mechanics were installed but it wasn't enough "heavy duty" so now I screwed the tail to the body.
The link seems strong but you said : " There was just too much slop. Before, I could hold the tail in my hand and at full deflection the rotors would not produce enough force to make it difficult. This time when I spun up the tail on the bench the tail practically jumps out of my hand at 50%. "

Maybe your setup, with the motor, is more powerfull than my tail rotor and my drive belt...

I tryed the first hover, it was ok but not perfect... I heard a lot of noise and i think my drive belt doesn't pass in good way (I remove the tail boom since I screwed the tail to the body...) so maybe change my tail belt system for a motor like could be a good idea; did you save weight from the tail with this setup?

Cause it's one of my other issue, my gravity center is rear, I have to put weight in the nose if I want to center the heli...
It's a good opportunity to detail the cockpit but heavier it will be, less time it will fly too...

I give you some picture of my Hind, from the begining to present. I hope you'll like it :-)
Depron-man is offline Find More Posts by Depron-man
Last edited by Depron-man; Apr 19, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:13 PM
Joined Aug 2008
97 Posts
I got mine flying a couple weeks ago. Just a good hover. I need to make some adjustments, but it was rock solid. I have 2x4s batteries for my 8S setup plus another 4000mah 3s, and a smaller 2s for the servos. So I have a lot of weight forward. With a motor weighing down the tail I need it, but my CG is really good. If you are only running a 6S setup you may need some weight in the nose. I like that you are doing a cockpit. I don't think I am going to do one. Unless, I start to feel it. The cockpit would have to be removable because I have to remove my 3s battery for the tail through the cockpit area. Instead I think I will just smoke the windows.

As far as your belt is concerned: I think I listed every possible issue earlier in this thread. You should be able to get it working with a only 2 blades on the main. I have seen other models fly just fine with 2 blades. My issue was that the torque of the 5 blade head was too much for the belt. The belt can be noisy in that fuselage. If your tail felt soft, you may have to increase your head speed, or go with some good carbon fiber blades.
Old May 04, 2013, 09:39 PM
Joined Aug 2008
97 Posts
Some Mi-24 Modeling

I still have a ways to go, but here are a couple pics.