HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2009, 02:17 PM
Canada, ON, Windsor
Joined Sep 2008
226 Posts
Question
Indoor "plane"- type plane??

Hi, Guys. I posted this in the scratch-built foamies section and I'm not having much luck with responses so I thought I'd ask here. I'm looking toward building an indoor plane that looks like a plane (may be a profile) using some things I've accumulated. I have some 3 and 6mm depron, a 9.2 gm 160gm thrust brushless, a 6a turnigy plush esc, some 3.6gm servos, a 4 gm corona receiver and some Rhino 2s 360mah batteries. This'll be my first indoor season so I'd like a small, fairly easy to fly indoor plane. I've built and flown a few outdoor depron planes with little to no problem. Thanks
sidecar53 is offline Find More Posts by sidecar53
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2009, 02:28 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,810 Posts
It depend mostly on the size of your indoor flying site. With what you have its possible to build a 2 oz model (profile using only 3mm depron) but it will be fast at that weight and require a large space. A much smaller battery pack would help reduce the weight, good indoor flyers need about 1 gram/square inch load or less to fly slowly enough for indoor use. There is lot of infos in:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84771
about set-up for indoor. If you can build something non scale first to get the feel of it
it will be easier to determine what you can get away with in scale (details add up lot of weight quickly!)
coriolan is offline Find More Posts by coriolan