HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by keenyoung, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:00 AM
Joined Jul 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Sold
Dumas 1930 Chris Craft Mahogany Runabout

Dumas 1930 Chris Craft Mahogany Runabout

Fully built and running boat.

However....

It was built by an amateur model builder (my father). The boat leaks, so his solution was to fill the hull up with spray foam. That keeps it floating for hours, but it still leaks, and the foam eventually sucks up water. Perhaps you (a better modeler) can scrape out the foam and seal the boat properly.

Also, there are drops of excess glue and varnish in several places. And the seats need paint and re-setting.

The planking was actually done pretty well, but you may want to remove the varnish, sand the planking to a more smooth state, and re finish the boat.

In any event, the boat runs fine, and toodles around the lake nicely. It goes forward at any speed you like, but for some reason, reverse seems to always be full throttle. Maybe you can fix this, but I don't know how. Steers fine. The propeller was chewed up when I got it. I replaced it with a plastic one, but it's not the correct one, although it pushes the boat fine.

It has a a Tamiya battery connector and battery, but the battery doesn't hold much charge. Comes with the transmitter and speed controller.

Here's two photos to get you started. There are a bunch of hi-res photos on the following web site: http://users.usinternet.com/kyoung/boat/

Not a bad model, but sold as is. Thanks for looking.

Asking $150 or best offer
keenyoung is offline Find More Posts by keenyoung
Last edited by keenyoung; Oct 04, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2009, 10:53 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hi

Can you tell me dimensions?

Thanks.

Bernie
berniejorn is offline Find More Posts by berniejorn
Old Oct 04, 2009, 03:29 PM
Joined Jul 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
== Specs ==

* Length:36in
* Beam:10in
* Depth: 6in
* Scale:1/8

Tnx 4 looking,
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniejorn
Hi

Can you tell me dimensions?

Thanks.

Bernie
keenyoung is offline Find More Posts by keenyoung
Old Oct 05, 2009, 12:52 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
I like it. I'm actually buying some boats for our rehab hospital here in Jacksonville FL. I'm the chaplain here, and we have a lake on our property. Good fun for the patients to do rc boating and gets them outside..

Would like to get this. Would you consider coming down any? On a budget here, but still like the boat. I'll be taking it to my hobby shop to get the work done, want to get the hull fixed.

Thanks, and best regards.

Bernie

PS Can you ship to FL?
Old Oct 05, 2009, 03:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
Keen-

Please consider me your purchaser. My offer would be 125, but if you require a higher amount I can manage it. Talked to a recreational therapist here and we both think it would be nice to have. My email is bernie150@bellsouth.net

Will wait to hear from you.
Closed Thread