HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:30 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
4,980 Posts
I refused delivery so yes I did. So I was refunded the 3 motors I bought and EMS shipping fee.

I still have 4 A3536 910kv motors, not going to both to send back I'll just try to sell them here if someone wants them.

EDIT: Do have to give Kudos to RCTimer though I see they listed 2836-9 motors with 30cm motor wires now. I'm glad to see manufacturers moving to this option.
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2011, 01:17 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Hi John, the air indeed is good! The Panther is a jewel, my favorite plane to fly. I've had a couple of mishaps, even broke a wingtip off, but a little epoxy hear and there and it flies better than it did before. I was told that Hobby Lobby is putting a link to my XtremeFlyer.com thread on the Panther onto it's product page on their website; pretty cool huh? Here's the link to that thread: http://www.xtremeflyer.com/forums/th...id=471&start=1 . It would be good if RCTimer added edf fans and motors to their product lineup, now that I've started flying edf's I'm just loving everything to do with them, especially how they fly. I find then easier to fly than propped planes for some strange reason, don't know why I waited so long to get one, but now that I have I ain't lookin' back! Thanks again for helping to make that happen.

Sonny
Sunny,

That is awesome that HL is adding a link to your build post on XtremeFlyer.com. XF is so cool! I won the free keychain camera, t-shirt and hat for simply posting within their monthly game. Such a cool site!! Thank you for introducing it to me.

I am glad you have good air as we have had rain here for a few days. My wife and I plan to move again to WA in 8 months. From what I understand there will not be as much flying there due to rain but am looking forwards to the move.

Take care and happy flying.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Mar 06, 2011, 02:08 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Sunny,

That is awesome that HL is adding a link to your build post on XtremeFlyer.com. XF is so cool! I won the free keychain camera, t-shirt and hat for simply posting within their monthly game. Such a cool site!! Thank you for introducing it to me.

I am glad you have good air as we have had rain here for a few days. My wife and I plan to move again to WA in 8 months. From what I understand there will not be as much flying there due to rain but am looking forwards to the move.

Take care and happy flying.

John
Washington is very beautiful John, and folks there just take the rain in stride and go about their lives; which includes flying model airplanes. Garret of XtremeFlyer.com is the one that told me Hobby Lobby was posting the link to my thread, unfortunately he crashed his Panther on it's maiden flight yesterday, but I'm sure he'll figure it out soon. For some reason the Panther just fits my piloting abilities, others have had various issues with their Panthers but mine just rocks; I just love flying it. I've been working tonight on a ModelAero Polaris which I got with a gift certificate I won on XF, and have my daughter and one of her friends over for the weekend. They want to go out flying with me after school on Monday, and that's good; she's my good luck charm, so I should have successful flights!
Ordered some connectors and wire from RCT a few days ago, and got a confirmation; I'll post how many days it takes when it arrives.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Mar 06, 2011, 10:26 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
Sonny,

With the Chinese New Year over all orders should be shipping quickly. Not that I have a back channel to communicate with RCT but is only makes sense. I wish I had someone to video my Panther flight.... It flew very well and I used a 2200 batt. Thanks for letting me know to adjust the CG on that plane, it was set to be very tail heavy. I hope the Polaris build goes well for you

Take care

John
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:30 PM
Garden Grove, California, United States
Joined Apr 2004
544 Posts
I just received my fifth or sixth order from RCTimer. It usually takes about sixteen days to get to California, so I'm pretty happy so far.
Then again, I haven't asked for any custom winds yet.
Did something happen to Nina? I thought I read something about her being in the hospital! I suppose that's the toll for trying to accomodate us impatient americans
cham is offline Find More Posts by cham
Old Mar 07, 2011, 02:33 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,518 Posts
Everything that I have asked for in the way of selling new products on their web site, they have gone out there way to accommodate me. I also have not asked for custom windings but everything else I have requested, they have done. What else can a person ask for?
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Mar 09, 2011, 01:17 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
what else can a person ask for?
free stuffs!!@!:d
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Mar 11, 2011, 08:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Since my last post in this thread I have had 3 deliveries from Rctimer and all have been fine no problems at all, I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone, Keep up the good work all at Rctimer
Gaza07 is online now Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,013 Posts
Only one deal so far, everything OK, chat with Nina was a delight.
But... not their fault, was my decission, but will never buy again motors without soldered bullets. To solder 24 pairs for an octo surely isn't the most pleasant activity....
RCTimer, please consider more complete packages for lazy customers !
An example:
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/keda-thumr...-p-403674.html
This is what I call a complete set ! And price is only $2 more than your price if we subtract UK VAT.
Why not have your fine motors in such offering ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:57 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
I am glad everyone who needs to communicate with RCT has found the link even though it has moved.

John
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:06 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
I am glad everyone who needs to communicate with RCT has found the link even though it has moved.

John
Hi John, a little patience and understanding goes a long way doesn't it? I think RCT tries it's best to provide good products and service, but I still wish Nina, (or Frank?), would brush up on their language skills a little, (I guess it depends on which Nina or Frank we're talking about?).
I placed an accessories order March 1, it's marked shipped on my account page; tick tock, tick tock, tick tock............
Sonny

Edit: checked again; marked shipped March 3...not bad! Tick tock, tick tock.....

S
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:42 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Only one deal so far, everything OK, chat with Nina was a delight.
But... not their fault, was my decission, but will never buy again motors without soldered bullets. To solder 24 pairs for an octo surely isn't the most pleasant activity....
RCTimer, please consider more complete packages for lazy customers !
An example:
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/keda-thumr...-p-403674.html
This is what I call a complete set ! And price is only $2 more than your price if we subtract UK VAT.
Why not have your fine motors in such offering ?
Dear Renatoa,

Sorry for the delay reply, no worries, if you need the motors with the soldered bullets, before you buy them, you can connect us at first, you can only add USD1 for the fee.
If you have any question you can feel free to contact us.

Nina
rctimer is online now Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RCTimer IMAGO H8 Camera
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:49 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
I just received my fifth or sixth order from RCTimer. It usually takes about sixteen days to get to California, so I'm pretty happy so far.
Then again, I haven't asked for any custom winds yet.
Did something happen to Nina? I thought I read something about her being in the hospital! I suppose that's the toll for trying to accomodate us impatient americans
Dear Cham,

Sorry for the delay reply.
I'm just back, i have a daughter, she is 19 days old, hehe....
If you have any question in the items, you can connect us asap, or you can send the mail to: rctimer@gmail.com, I may reply the customers within 24 hours.
Thanks for your time.

Nina
rctimer is online now Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RCTimer IMAGO H8 Camera
Old Mar 13, 2011, 01:54 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Cham,

Sorry for the delay reply.
I'm just back, i have a daughter, she is 19 days old, hehe....
If you have any question in the items, you can connect us asap, or you can send the mail to: rctimer@gmail.com, I may reply the customers within 24 hours.
Thanks for your time.

Nina
Welcome back Nina, and congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!

Sonny
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Yea well said Sonny1
Welcome back Nina and congratulations on your daughter
Gaza07 is online now Find More Posts by Gaza07