SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2011, 12:59 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
agreed. They could make it a little clearer for everyone. Also, if they stocked all the components for the recommended setup, a lot of folks would just buy all the components in that recommended setup = more sales.

If you want a site for future reference on similar motors, this guy tests a wide range of props on most of the motors. Still, it should be looked at as a ballpark, not law.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:14 PM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
12x6/9x6? what the heck does that mean? 12x6 on 2S? or 3? 9x6 on 2S or 4S? who knows. it'd just make it easier for customers to understand recommended prop for this motor is a 11x6 on 3S. no gray area.

Please reread post 1343 & post 1349 carefully, as the answers you seek are there.

All they are going to give is a ballpark estimate as which model your set-up is for, flying style, and lots of other variables cannot dictate a particular manufacturer and specific prop size in anyone's particular application.
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn
Last edited by rc crashburn; Feb 02, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:15 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
Every manufacturer should sell a proven motor prop combo IE 2200kv / 6x4 / 30AMP ESC.

12x6/9x6? what the heck does that mean? 12x6 on 2S? or 3? 9x6 on 2S or 4S? who knows. it'd just make it easier for customers to understand recommended prop for this motor is a 11x6 on 3S. no gray area.
In my opinion, what would the build do? Eat cookies and drink Tea? We are builders otherwise, purchase a RTF.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:23 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
point is im not asking for an opinion from other customers im asking rct to make their sales documents clearer. if the spec sheet said X motor runs best with our Y sized prop on Z sized ESC and our Q sized battery and you can but them all as a package deal here that'd be a lot better for me, rct and many other's out their trying to make sense of their products. im a happy rct customer just trying to help.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:27 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
We also have to take into consideration the APPLICATION for which these motors are being used. Most of the ratings from the manufactures are for AIRPLANES and not Multirotor copters.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:32 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
absolutely - and one would think that in a mcopter you could safely over prop the motor since most of the time you'll be hovering at 50% throttle.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:57 PM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
I like the way HK has user comments & recommendations for their items.

Many who buy items tell what their successful set-up is in their particular brand model.

And I agree that RCT and others would provide better customer service if they sold more combo packages and provided clearer and more plentiful detail on their products.

Of coarse, GREAT customer service should be more than rock-bottom pricing.

In the meantime, since they cannot be what we want, test and verify where we can.

Otherwise we may fry components or worse yet, somebody may get hurt or property damaged.
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
Hi Nina,
Sorry but my order came to $114.42, then there was a $2.00 for shipping and $4.07 for paypal fee, that makes it $120.49 USD, then at check out it was $130.13 AUD so that is $128.60 USD.So that is $8.11 over what it should be, Maybe I'm missing something...
This is a pic of my order it shows what my total was $114.42.. before paypal and shipping..
Thanks
Dear G-unit,

No worries, you can visit our website, then open your order to check all your items.
If you need, we may send the price list to your mailbox, is it ok?
Awaiting for your information.
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:28 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear G-unit,

No worries, you can visit our website, then open your order to check all your items.
If you need, we may send the price list to your mailbox, is it ok?
Awaiting for your information.
Hello,
Yes u can send to me..
Sorry if i made a mistake, and thanks for the response..
I sent u a PM with my email address..
Thanks Gary
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Last edited by G-unit; Feb 02, 2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:32 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjrc74 View Post
The paper work provided with my order stated 9"-10" prop range. I used a 10" propeller and now I have a burned up motor esc, and a scarred airplane. It would be proper for you to send a new motor and esc as I bought it as a package offered by RCT and I provided pics of the damaged units.

Thank you! Happy New Year~
Dear flyinjrc74,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, no worries, we may resend a new motor + ESC40A V2 to you on 8/Feb, this ESC40A can be programed, it is black.
If you have any question you can feel free to contact us.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:35 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslayer666 View Post
Hello,
I have another question:
Does the A35 - Propeller mount (here: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...9&productname= ) fit on the BC3536-9 (here: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname= ) if the shaft is cut off?

Regards
Daniel
Dear Daniel,

Sorry for this thing, the shaft of the A35 series motors is 4.0mm, the BC35 is 5.0mm, so the A35 mount isn't fit to the BC3536 motor.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
hi nina maybe itd help to make the motor spec clearer. for example
what does
Test Prop: 12x6/9x6
mean?

whats the recommend prop http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
Dear captaingeek,

Thanks for your enquiry.
Test Prop: 12x6/9x6 means we have tested the prop, 12x6E and the 9x6E can match with the motor, have a nice day.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:39 PM
odieyodie
lincoln nebraska
Joined Dec 2007
39 Posts
I just placed an order with RCtimer and my US dollar quote was changed to Australian Dollars in billing so paypal added conversion fees and the actual item costs changed. What Gives?
odieyodie is offline Find More Posts by odieyodie
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:44 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjrc74 View Post
All I can say is "Communications with NINA" for me is lackluster at this point! Pretty sad on RCTimers part...

At least when I order a Eflite set up I know that there is AWESOME products and SUPPORT not to mention PROMPT RESPONSES from HORIZON everytime.

That is CLEARLY the difference between ordering from a supplier in AMERICA versus funneling money to China/HongKONG etc...

No good NINA~

Dear flyinjrc74,

Sorry for the delay reply, no worries, we are honest do business with you, we may try our best to help every customers, if you have any question you can send the mail to: rctimer@gmail.com, we may reply the mails every day.
Have a nice day.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:47 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by odieyodie View Post
I just placed an order with RCtimer and my US dollar quote was changed to Australian Dollars in billing so paypal added conversion fees and the actual item costs changed. What Gives?
Same prob i had,
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit