HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:55 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,256 Posts
For what it's worth, I don't blame you Sid. They advertise all over their website about custom winds, so they better be able to come through...
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:48 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
For what it's worth, I don't blame you Sid. They advertise all over their website about custom winds, so they better be able to come through...
I've been reading the recent posts on this thread for the last few days, and I think the language barrier has raised it's ugly head here. I think there is more than one "Nina", and some of them have better English language skills than others, (has anyone else noticed that?), and somehow what was expected from RCT fell through that language "crack". Also, someone posted earlier that RCT's service was worse than Hobby King's, and I must disagree with that statement; I can't remember ever having what I would call "better", (or even "good"), service from HK. RCT has demonstrated a willingness to interact with their customer's here on a regular basis, and compared with other Chinese companies I have bought from they have excelled in their service. I suspect it's really a matter of communication, (or more correctly, mis-communication). I really hope you eventually get the matter resolved; good luck.

Sonny
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:47 PM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
You can sometimes catch them on MSN messenger for those of you who use it. rctimer@gmail.com. I'd probably wait till I get ahold of someone on messenger before placing an order for special windings, then I'd be able to get immediate feedback that they've taken note of the special order.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Dec 08, 2010, 01:31 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujiber View Post
You can sometimes catch them on MSN messenger for those of you who use it. rctimer@gmail.com. I'd probably wait till I get ahold of someone on messenger before placing an order for special windings, then I'd be able to get immediate feedback that they've taken note of the special order.
Good suggestion, I've emailed them several times with various questions and have always gotten a reply. A few times I could tell by the reply they weren't exactly understanding what I was asking, and answered in broken English syntax barely making any sense; other times they replied in a perfectly ordinary manner and always signed the message as "Nina". I don't think we can take for granted that any particular person assigned to read emails that day automatically understands our language; they may know the words, but they often get the context and syntax wrong......that's a good recipe for misunderstanding. Only one thing is certain....they know how to count our dollars!

Sonny
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Dec 08, 2010, 03:11 AM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
"answered in broken English syntax barely making any sense"

I come across that situation regularly from folks right here!
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn
Old Dec 08, 2010, 11:19 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I've got 2836 motors from them on a quad and the adapter fits nice and snug, I haven't had a prop come loose or off yet.

Just don't ask for a custom wind, they apparently don't care about those requests and will offer no help in fixing the mistake.
So they fit all the way down the shaft? If you read those posts I linked, they fit on the shaft, just not all they way like they should.
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old Dec 08, 2010, 04:01 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
There was a lot of talk in this thread in July about not being able to reverse the shafts on the rctimer motors because (besides being hard to remove) they don't have an additional groove in the shaft for the clip in that location. Is it still that way?
Old Dec 08, 2010, 05:42 PM
Garden Grove, California, United States
Joined Apr 2004
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
There was a lot of talk in this thread in July about not being able to reverse the shafts on the rctimer motors because (besides being hard to remove) they don't have an additional groove in the shaft for the clip in that location. Is it still that way?
x2
I believe I read that also. Anyone get the shafts with the additional groove?
cham is offline Find More Posts by cham
Old Dec 08, 2010, 08:38 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,256 Posts
Quote:
Most all their motors are now offered either way...
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
^ Not on the website. Do you have to request it after ordering?
Old Dec 09, 2010, 12:41 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,361 Posts
Based on recent discussions here, it seems that special requests especially for mechanical modifications to motors can sometimes be a dicey thing.

A while back I inquired of the posters on this thread about the same subject regarding the reversibility of the shafts and the corresponding second groove on the shaft but I never got a meaningful response so it's not clear whether you get it or not. It seems to me that the second groove should be a completely standard thing - that is, there is no reason to not have it.
Greywing is online now Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Dec 09, 2010, 01:21 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,256 Posts
Quote:
^ Not on the website. Do you have to request it after ordering?

Sure they are. Here's but one example:

35-36 motor with the shaft out the wire end of the motor: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...1&productname=

35-36 motor with the shaft out the opposite end of the motor:
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...0&productname=
Old Dec 09, 2010, 03:19 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
^ What about the 2208, 2826 and 2212?

Are those two you linked even the exact same motors? Why wouldn't they be the same color? It seemed if they were offering the same motor with the shaft reversed, they would be listed either on one page, with the option, or at least in the same category.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 10:31 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
I ordered the items (wrote a note like I was supposed to on the order asking for custom wind), then immediately I wrote Nina a message on here to look for the custom wind. They took almost a week to ship the items and then still sent the wrong items.

Nina admitted their mistake and her immediate response was can you still use them, not, can you send them back and we fix it or ask what they can do to fix it. Instead after finding out I could not use them she tells me to sell them to a friend???

I'm not expecting an immediate response either, the last time she wrote to me she acted like she had no idea what was going on. I'm sure she deals with a lot of orders but the conversation was only a few posts up. It has now been 9 days since her last response, is that not long enough to wait for a response to their mistake? How many days is enough before I get concerned?

I paid for the motors November 4th and still don't have what I paid for. Take a look at my previous posts, I don't speak negative toward most any vendor (except for BH ), but I will be vocal in their thread when I don't get my product after waiting a month for some resolve.
Sorry for taking so long to read your post. I also see many ppl have posted in assistance or support of what you are stating. I too agree that some sort of compensation is in order and usually they will take care of their customers. Could this be the beginning of the end of RCT? I only started this thread to question the validity of service and quality of their product which has turned out quite positive. However, it may seem they are in a slump at this very time which could be due to newer management who are changing how they do business. I don't have/know the answers to our problems. Sunny has placed more orders from them and communicated more often, he may know the problem and I also see he has posted some ideas.

Bottom line, tell Nina what you need in as simple of language as you can explaining briefly your dissatisfaction.

Thank you for typing out your whole intention because your correct, I didn't read all of the posts.

I understand this isn't repairing your dissatisfaction but might help in solving your problem. Nothing is fast when you ship across a large ocean.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Last edited by badpilotto; Dec 11, 2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Grammatical correction
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:49 AM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
It has been about 2 weeks since RCT's Nina has done any thread posting here. Wonder what happened?
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn